BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > inlet and and DV bolt torque

03-16-2020, 10:51 AM   #1
digimattic
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 6MT LBB M2

inlet and and DV bolt torque

Hey there,

I've got a few days at home ahead of me, so I'm planning to do some work on the car. I've got parts and tools ready, but I'm not sure about the torque ratings for the turbo inlet pipe or the dv. Does anyone have those numbers? I found ratings for the DV on the f30 of 8nm intake and then 13nm finally. Does that transfer to our car?

Actually, while I'm asking, does anyone have the specs for the intercooler bolt torque? I'm not sure if I've seen that. Better safe than sorry...

Stay healthy out there, everybody.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 10:57 AM   #2
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Any follow up on this?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 06:41 PM   #3
digimattic
Private
Rep

Nope. I didn't find anything. I just tightened both down what I felt was "tight enough" based on how hard they were to get off.

Now I'm wrestling with installing the EVO II intercooler which has proved more difficult than the turbo inlet and diverter valve to the point where i'm considering pulling the front bumper.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 12:17 AM   #4
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by digimattic View Post
Nope. I didn't find anything. I just tightened both down what I felt was "tight enough" based on how hard they were to get off.

Now I'm wrestling with installing the EVO II intercooler which has proved more difficult than the turbo inlet and diverter valve to the point where i'm considering pulling the front bumper.
Pull the front bumper... it's a 20 minute job max, and really not difficult at all. I always remove the bumper if I'm doing the FMIC. The way it bolts up make it impossible to mis-align.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 09:26 AM   #5
cecaa850
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
Pull the front bumper... it's a 20 minute job max, and really not difficult at all. I always remove the bumper if I'm doing the FMIC. The way it bolts up make it impossible to mis-align.
And have a pan ready for the washer fluid. LOL.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 10:07 AM   #6
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecaa850 View Post
And have a pan ready for the washer fluid. LOL.
No need for that... pop the washer jets out the back, but leave the hose connected and un-clip the hose from the bumper before you move it away.

The way I do it, without a helper, is to remove the arch liners first, then the washer jets, and un-plug the thermometer, un-clip the washer hose as far as you can, which is only a couple of clips at this point, then remove all fastenings apart from one top bolt. Lay a larger towel or some foam pads on the ground, un-bolt the last fastener at the top, pull off the bumper and lay it on the towel / foam right in front of the car. Un-clip the rest of the hose, then move the bumper completely away.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 01:04 PM   #7
digimattic
Private
Rep

Thanks very much. I have been reluctant to do it on my own. A good friend is a BMW tech and advised against doing so on my own because it can be a challenge to get it lined up properly again.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 03:20 AM   #8
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

Quote:
Originally Posted by digimattic View Post
Hey there,

I've got a few days at home ahead of me, so I'm planning to do some work on the car. I've got parts and tools ready, but I'm not sure about the torque ratings for the turbo inlet pipe or the dv. Does anyone have those numbers? I found ratings for the DV on the f30 of 8nm intake and then 13nm finally. Does that transfer to our car?

Actually, while I'm asking, does anyone have the specs for the intercooler bolt torque? I'm not sure if I've seen that. Better safe than sorry...

Stay healthy out there, everybody.
Try:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...ntrol/INzrIvx3
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 12:54 PM   #9
digimattic
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
That's an excellent resource, thank you!
Appreciate 0