BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > BMW M2 will appear in European dealer system on Oct. 15

10-09-2015, 01:48 PM   #45
SGL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine M2

Garage List
2016 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I thought that you had to join all their activities and they weren't going to let you do stuff a la carte. Could be wrong though.

The timing is just off for me. I'm not ready to pull the trigger on the M2 or M3 yet unfortunately.
I talked to Miguel, the head of the group delivery and he was very accommodating, and generally a great guy to talk to, and I think it was ok since I was only doing one day of the event and paying for the rooms in Munich. If you wanted to come in half way or duck out half way, thats when I think the issues would come up since they have a ton of things planned throughout the trip and need to lock down the number to get the best deal.
Appreciate 2
      10-09-2015, 01:51 PM   #46
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
LOL. totally.. my Expedition has a check engine light that I have been ignoring for about 7k miles. Got tired of throwing money at it. The light goes away for a week at times. I'm driving it into the ground... if it makes it to be a trade-in that would be nice but it's not getting any more $$

An E46 daily driver would be nice and I am on the lookout for one.

A buddy of mine yesterday was telling me to sell my 1M and F off and buy an M3 lol... it's just too BIG. I would have to remove the post in the center of my two car garage to get that big girl in there.. ha!
As the only M car, no way, I wouldn't do it either. The F80 IS too big. However, considering I'd technically retire the E36 as the DD (E36 and E92 weekend, F80 DD), then the 4 doors and the space makes sense, while the M2 doesn't really. I'm still cussing at BMW for not making an M3 Touring, this would have been a done deal over a year ago!
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 01:53 PM   #47
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
LOL. totally.. my Expedition has a check engine light that I have been ignoring for about 7k miles. Got tired of throwing money at it. The light goes away for a week at times. I'm driving it into the ground... if it makes it to be a trade-in that would be nice but it's not getting any more $$

An E46 daily driver would be nice and I am on the lookout for one.

A buddy of mine yesterday was telling me to sell my 1M and F off and buy an M3 lol... it's just too BIG. I would have to remove the post in the center of my two car garage to get that big girl in there.. ha!
The nice part about having the ED trip date locked down is that I already have a plan in place for selling my Mazdaspeed3 (current DD). Went out and bought myself a 2000 Xterra a few months ago with 175k miles for cheap. Slowly making minor repairs on it so by the time I need to sell the Mazda before the ED trip, I'll have something to drive around for a few months.

Oh and for those still thinking about the group ED trip and M2 allocation through Miguel, he's negotiated with certain dealers to sell the M2 at X% off ED MSRP. You'll get the best deal by far if you can land one of his allocations. The catch is its for ED trip members only, so you're required to put an extra deposit down on the trip before you get the allocation. Apparently they had a few people that took an ED M3 allocation and then immediately cancelled on the trip which forced the trip price to go up for everyone else.
Appreciate 1
      10-09-2015, 02:00 PM   #48
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
The nice part about having the ED trip date locked down is that I already have a plan in place for selling my Mazdaspeed3 (current DD). Went out and bought myself a 2000 Xterra a few months ago with 175k miles for cheap. Slowly making minor repairs on it so by the time I need to sell the Mazda before the ED trip, I'll have something to drive around for a few months.

Oh and for those still thinking about the group ED trip and M2 allocation through Miguel, he's negotiated with certain dealers to sell the M2 at X% off ED MSRP. You'll get the best deal by far if you can land one of his allocations. The catch is its for ED trip members only, so you're required to put an extra deposit down on the trip before you get the allocation. Apparently they had a few people that took an ED M3 allocation and then immediately cancelled on the trip which forced the trip price to go up for everyone else.
alright dammit.. .. please PM me his contact info. my ninth place spot locally is really just a placeholder for me...
I know that I can find an ED MSRP allocation if I work hard enough.. was just waiting for details however my work is making me actually.. work... so hitting the easy button for this trip might be kinda cool. I've heard he can coordinate other cars.. so... X1 or M2... I think I'm buying *something* next year lol..

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 10-09-2015 at 02:06 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-09-2015, 02:07 PM   #49
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
alright dammit.. .. please PM me his contact info. my ninth place spot locally is really just a placeholder for me...
I know that I can find an ED MSRP allocation if I work hard enough.. was just waiting for details however my work is making me actually.. work... so hitting the easy button for this trip might be kinda cool. I've heard he can coordinate other cars.. so... X1 or M2... I think I'm buying *something* next year lol..
Contact info in the trip thread:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1139488

RSTouringInformation@gmail.com or send a PM to the OP (Suave)
Appreciate 1
      10-09-2015, 02:14 PM   #50
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

I would buy a 320i if that was all I could get, just to do ED again. lol
      10-09-2015, 02:21 PM   #51
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
I know what you mean. To me, now its the ONLY way to buy a new BMW.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 1
      10-09-2015, 02:52 PM   #52
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

The trip is open to any ED car not just M2's. I think even have 4 or 5 Porsche guys taking delivery that are part of it.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 02:56 PM   #53
KSAF
Speed Demon
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: The Ultimate Driving Machine

I ordered and specced my M2 in end of August. I'm scheduled for January production
Attached Images
File Type: pdf M2 Order.pdf (547.4 KB, 989 views)
      10-09-2015, 03:04 PM   #54
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 03:14 PM   #55
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSAF View Post
I ordered and specced my M2 in end of August. I'm scheduled for January production
As still no orders for customers can be taken (yet) as we speak, may we assume that it's an HEA car ("Handler-Erst-Ausstattung") that your dealer orders for himself, but already reserves for you ?
      10-09-2015, 03:47 PM   #56
JohnNC-M2CS
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS on order

Garage List
2020 BMW/M@ CS  [0.00]
2016 M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
I think that date is only for Euro dealers/cars
Crap, you're right. He texted back and said it will be April before it's in US dealer systems. What a downer.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 03:47 PM   #57
KSAF
Speed Demon
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: The Ultimate Driving Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
As still no orders for customers can be taken (yet) as we speak, may we assume that it's an HEA car ("Handler-Erst-Ausstattung") that your dealer orders for himself, but already reserves for you ?
I don't know, but it could be! The exterior color in the original order was LBB and the transmissions was DCT. I asked them if they can change the color to AW and the transmission to manual for me and they said yes. So they changed the order for me.
      10-09-2015, 04:11 PM   #58
Bosozoku
Almost completely sane
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2, '00 S2000

Quote:
Not available for the M2 since they don't want you feeling like you're getting the real M experience. You have to step up to the M3/4 for that.
That's what I figured.
No big deal.
'17 BMW M2 (BSM 6MT Exec CarPlay, TechnicPnP ASD bypass, IND M Perf shift knob + keyhole cover, Pedal Haus pedals + heel plate, 3M CR90 tint, BavSound Ghost woofers, Racing Dynamics strut tower brace, Dinan midpipe, Turner intercooler)
'00 Honda S2000 (Silverstone Metallic, black leather, factory titanium shift knob + front lip + trunk spoiler, front shock tower brace, front subframe x-brace)
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 04:15 PM   #59
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosozoku View Post
That's what I figured.
No big deal.
I was just joking... figured I could get in another jab.
      10-09-2015, 04:20 PM   #60
Bosozoku
Almost completely sane
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2, '00 S2000

Quote:
I was just joking... figured I could get in another jab.
LOL. I was hoping that M2 demand would be low. And that it would just be a loss-leader to get BMW enthusiasts into the showrooms so salespeople could upsell them to the M3/M4. Lulz. Evidently there is demand.

Just found posts by several forum members with this link:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1139488

Yay. Don't know if I can actually do it though. We'll see what my local dealers say.

[Update 1] A local dealer says he can start taking orders in "maybe May or June" but isn't sure yet.

[Update 2] Same dealer also says that the M2 will debut as a 2017 model in the US.
'17 BMW M2 (BSM 6MT Exec CarPlay, TechnicPnP ASD bypass, IND M Perf shift knob + keyhole cover, Pedal Haus pedals + heel plate, 3M CR90 tint, BavSound Ghost woofers, Racing Dynamics strut tower brace, Dinan midpipe, Turner intercooler)
'00 Honda S2000 (Silverstone Metallic, black leather, factory titanium shift knob + front lip + trunk spoiler, front shock tower brace, front subframe x-brace)

Last edited by Bosozoku; 10-10-2015 at 01:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 04:28 PM   #61
EstorilM
Cars, beer, hiking
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVa1M View Post
Crap, you're right. He texted back and said it will be April before it's in US dealer systems. What a downer.
I really hope it is in US systems before April. That would be quite the wait.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 04:51 PM   #62
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstorilM View Post
I really hope it is in US systems before April. That would be quite the wait.

My guess is that dealers in the US and Canada will be able to start ordering cars in the next couple months.If a dealer wasn't able to start ordering until April,then that would only leave 2 production months for the 2016 model.There is no way that is going to happen.
Appreciate 1
      10-09-2015, 05:03 PM   #63
nytrus112
///MBajan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 SB CP; '15M235i SB

Quote:
Originally Posted by M235iUK View Post
I really wish I would of waited another month before ordering my M235i. Craving for more aggressive looks.
Honestly man I just took delivery of my M235 like a month ago. I thought about waiting but decided it probably wasn't worth it for me. Since I got it, I've done everything in my power to avoid the M2 envy syndrome that I know may be coming my way. Got all the M Performance goodies except for the side stickers which I don't like. Got Dinan Stage 2, intake, LSD, MP Exhaust, and when Dinan comes out with a stage 3 I'll make sure I get that too. Gonna do wheels shortly. All to stay ahead of the M2. I'll keep my 235 quicker and laugh with my smaller payment. That's my plan.
      10-09-2015, 06:01 PM   #64
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytrus112 View Post
Honestly man I just took delivery of my M235 like a month ago. I thought about waiting but decided it probably wasn't worth it for me. Since I got it, I've done everything in my power to avoid the M2 envy syndrome that I know may be coming my way. Got all the M Performance goodies except for the side stickers which I don't like. Got Dinan Stage 2, intake, LSD, MP Exhaust, and when Dinan comes out with a stage 3 I'll make sure I get that too. Gonna do wheels shortly. All to stay ahead of the M2. I'll keep my 235 quicker and laugh with my smaller payment. That's my plan.
See, those are things that for me doesn't put it 'ahead' of the M2, though
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 06:12 PM   #65
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytrus112 View Post
Yeah but you can't get those black seats with blue stitching though!!
      10-09-2015, 06:59 PM   #66
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVa1M View Post
Where is he getting that info from?

I wouldn't believe anything from a CA yet. We had a euro order on here back in august that was told he was getting the dealer demo car and production started in Feb 16. Someone a few posts back in this thread posted their order sheet with a 1st of Jan 16 date.

Summary: No dealer knows anything official.

Last edited by PackPride85; 10-09-2015 at 09:16 PM..
Appreciate 0