BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Retrofit M2 CS upgraded brakes

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-18-2018, 06:39 PM   #1
Maniax
Enlisted Member
Maniax's Avatar
12
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Retrofit M2 CS upgraded brakes

Iím wondering whether we can order the M2 CS big brakes and retrofit onto our M2.
It should be a like for like replacement right?
__________________
Bmw F87 M2 DCT
Ex-cars: Alfa Romeo 147 1.6TS manual
Ford Focus ST 2.5T manual
Bmw E90 325i auto
Bmw F20 M135i auto
Appreciate 2
gsrbri255.50

      04-18-2018, 11:01 PM   #2
F87 2018
New Member
3
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniax View Post
Iím wondering whether we can order the M2 CS big brakes and retrofit onto our M2.
It should be a like for like replacement right?
Bump. Also interested. As well as retrofitting the seats!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 01:52 AM   #3
GreyF87
HawaiiM2
GreyF87's Avatar
29
Rep
88
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2, 05 G35
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Honolulu. Hawaii

iTrader: (0)

me too....but the co$t....the hole in my pocket grows
__________________
MSR Intake, CTS IC, Fabspeed DP, FTP Charge Pipe,3d Design Guage Pod with Stack Guages.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 02:35 AM   #4
3rdPedalAddict
Second Lieutenant
Canada
188
Rep
211
Posts

Drives: around in circles.
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2buyer View Post
Bump. Also interested. As well as retrofitting the seats!
...and if the seats can be retrofitted, does that mean the m4 zcp seats can be retrofitted as well?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 03:25 AM   #5
Yellowflash21
First Lieutenant
Slovenia
317
Rep
326
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Slovenia

iTrader: (0)

I'm sure that existing front breaks and calipers would be possible to retrofit on the back, while it would be required only to get the front ones from the CS.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2018, 03:48 AM   #6
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
864
Rep
3,238
Posts

Drives: AW M2 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SW London

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Skype™ to Bee Pee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowflash21 View Post
I'm sure that existing front breaks and calipers would be possible to retrofit on the back, while it would be required only to get the front ones from the CS.
Not sure about the F -> R calliper swap but rear discs/rotors are totally different to fronts. Rear disc bells incorporate a drum and shoe arrangement for the parking/hand brake.
__________________
Fettled M135i EB AT - gone but not forgotten:
AW M2 DCT
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2018, 04:01 AM   #7
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
864
Rep
3,238
Posts

Drives: AW M2 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SW London

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Skype™ to Bee Pee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniax View Post
Iím wondering whether we can order the M2 CS big brakes and retrofit onto our M2.
It should be a like for like replacement right?
Given that F8x CCB can be retrofitted to M2 I see no reason why M2C 400/380 6p/4p sport brakes can't be retrofitted to M2.

For those of us who want to run 18" wheels [winter and track] its a no-no tho which is a shame. AFAIK, the only OE 6p/4p retrofit that is 18" wheel compatible is from Racing Brake 374/370 kit

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1247681
__________________
Fettled M135i EB AT - gone but not forgotten:
AW M2 DCT
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2018, 08:29 PM   #8
dc5s
Private
40
Rep
98
Posts

Drives: m3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: east

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Given that F8x CCB can be retrofitted to M2 I see no reason why M2C 400/380 6p/4p sport brakes can't be retrofitted to M2.

For those of us who want to run 18" wheels [winter and track] its a no-no tho which is a shame. AFAIK, the only OE 6p/4p retrofit that is 18" wheel compatible is from Racing Brake 374/370 kit

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1247681
if i'm reading this correctly...

assuming the m2c 6/4 brake option uses the same front calipers as the m3/m4 ccb's, this kit will allow the optional front 6-piston m2c brake caliper to accommodate the non-upgraded rotors and the adapter bracket will change the position of the 6 piston front caliper to allow for fitment of 18" wheels? or are the RB rotors required as well?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 02:14 AM   #9
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
864
Rep
3,238
Posts

Drives: AW M2 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SW London

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Skype™ to Bee Pee
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc5s View Post
if i'm reading this correctly...

assuming the m2c 6/4 brake option uses the same front calipers as the m3/m4 ccb's, this kit will allow the optional front 6-piston m2c brake caliper to accommodate the non-upgraded rotors and the adapter bracket will change the position of the 6 piston front caliper to allow for fitment of 18" wheels? or are the RB rotors required as well?
Yes I believe so for F&R as F rotor is smaller and thicker than OEM and rear is just thicker - to suit oem 6p and 4p callipers.
__________________
Fettled M135i EB AT - gone but not forgotten:
AW M2 DCT
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 05:59 PM   #10
Franzino
Captain
Franzino's Avatar
Belgium
675
Rep
769
Posts

Drives: Z4M Roadster MY06 / M2 MY17
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Following this.....and I'm planning to do this mod the coming winter...
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:29 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST