BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Did you X-Pel or similar? Please vote!

View Poll Results: Did you apply paint protection film, or do you intend to?
Yes 110 73.33%
No 40 26.67%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

09-08-2018, 03:14 PM   #23
mr_lab_rat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, 2018 X1

If I got the car new I would have probably done it but I got it with 3k on the odometer and there were already some chips on the bumper.
If I ever have to respray the bumper I'll cover it then.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 01:57 PM   #24
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

I got my entire car done in Suntek Ultra. Had Xpel Ultimate on my last two cars and while it was great on my black Golf R on my Satin White Pearl STI I could see some yellowing. I decided to give Suntek Ultra a try as with LBB I wanted the film with the best clarity.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 08:28 PM   #25
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

My dealer had an affiliation with a 3m installer so to avoid driving it some distance new to the nearest Xpel installer, I arranged for 3m PPF Pro Series to be installed at the dealership. Stuff is great.. self healing and all that.. Glad I did it. I did the front bumper, rocker panels, mirrors, fronts of rear hips, top of rear bumper, and behind the rear wheels. Its doing its job for a reasonable price.

I left the hood out as I dont drive a ton of miles, and, the the configuration of the front bumper is such that much of what is normally hood leading edge such as around the hood roundel is actually bumper which I had done... So far so good.
      09-23-2018, 10:48 PM   #26
TheAMackAttack
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 LBB DCT

What is everyone's opinion on applying PPF after the car already has some stone chips and ~11k miles?

I just picked up a '16 M2 certified pre owned and while it's in great shape, it's got a few small chips. Obviously my goal is to prevent any further ones and to keep it looking great for many years. The shop I called said if there are too many stone chips then the wrap will look bad and that he won't know for sure if we can do it until i bring it in. What are everyone's thoughts?
Appreciate 0