BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Bimmercode DRL

03-28-2023, 01:35 PM   #1
SilverScotty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS 6MT

Bimmercode DRL

I've been dipping my toes in bimmercode and have not had any trouble getting the coding that I have been wanting through vids and reading online, but I can't seem to get the DRL's to stick. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I have the DRLs as Active, but nothing is on in the off position for lights. If I try changing the Daytime running light brightness to 100% from 'Unassiged Value' I immediately get malfunction errors on both front headlights after coding.

Additionally the only other setting I see is for the Angel Eyes and they are at 8% for low beam and parking lights. If I change those I get the same errors on both headlights.

I've been searching around on the forum looking for something similar but am not finding anything addressing this issue. Every video I see shows them activating the DRLs and that is that.

Any guidance from someone with more experience would be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2023, 02:41 PM   #2
(K)
Captain
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT (R.I.P.)

Once you apply the coding and restart the car, the codes will be wiped on the next start.

Are you trying to adjust the DRL brightness? I've had trouble with that and found I can only do 100% brightness despite changing multiple brightness settings.
Appreciate 1
      03-28-2023, 03:33 PM   #3
SilverScotty
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by (K) View Post
Once you apply the coding and restart the car, the codes will be wiped on the next start.

Are you trying to adjust the DRL brightness? I've had trouble with that and found I can only do 100% brightness despite changing multiple brightness settings.
I'm not trying to adjust DRL brightness, just to get them on. I know that it is currently set at 'Unassigned Value' and thought that could be the issue so I tried coding to 100% and got the errors, so I re-coded the backup.

Thanks for the response, I'll try it again and leave it at 100% and restart the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2023, 02:40 PM   #4
(K)
Captain
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT (R.I.P.)

Scotty I tried looking into it further but unfortunately I came up with nothing. Adding to that, coding isn't my strong point because I'm still learning it as well.

However, my understanding is that DRLs are on by default and (I'm assuming) all our cars come with DRLs from the factory. If they aren't functioning then I'm thinking there's an issue with the modules themselves. I'd suggest backing up your coding, resetting everything to factory and contacting the dealer for a potential warranty issue.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2023, 04:56 PM   #5
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Daft question, are your DRLs enabled in Idrive lighting settings? If not that may be why they are not working.
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2023, 09:54 AM   #6
SilverScotty
Private First Class
Rep

Haven't had time to try anything more coding as of yet, but after reading doughboy's response this morning I grabbed the key and went and sat in the car to check idrive and NO, they were off.

Thanks for pointing that out. I guess the system didn't like the conflicting messages I was trying to tell it. As soon as I turned it on in idrive they came on.

I guess my coding saga will continue, although I think I have it where I want at this point. Many thanks for the input gentlemen!

Back to enjoying the car...
Appreciate 0