BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > 4th build thread in 2 years. Silver Linings M2c (totalled)

08-23-2022, 02:32 PM   #23
Silverlining_m2
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2, 2024 m235i

Some proper pics. Bummed to still be stock tune but thrilled to be under a warranty and maintenance plan. Everything feeling pretty dialed in. The m performance coilovers do WONDERS to the drive comfort and handling on a car that was pretty, pretty, preattayyy good anyway.

The full list of mods so far is:

18% carbon tints all around, 45% front

IND paint matched front reflectors

Autotecknic dry cf front splitters and shark fin, blue m and start buttons

Psm dynamic rear dry cf extensions

Horizon motorsports cf side extensions

Kpf gloss black roof wrap and light tinted roundels/reflectors

M performance coilovers

19" Vorsteiner v-ff103 in carbon graphite
Attached Images

04-04-2023, 06:19 PM   #24
Silverlining_m2
Major
Rep

Well y'all, I wrecked my car. Totalled out by the insurance. Just had a full paint correction and ceramic too. I wasn't driving crazy, I didn't hit another car, we are ok, and I didn't receive a ticket. I guess with that I'll say goodbye to the m2comp forum. I called my guy from the crash site, and told him I was gonna need a new m car. You may disagree with my choice but I was stoked to somehow score an unclaimed allocation for a g87 on the spot. I'm very excited, but sad to lose my dream car. Cheers everyone.
Attached Images

04-04-2023, 09:33 PM   #25
BadgerDog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.50]
You know I usually go for brigher colors on my cars... but I gotta admit that silver looks SLEEK.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2023, 09:07 PM   #26
///MFrankie
///MHead
No_Country
Rep
Drives: MK2 Focus RS Stage 4+

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlining_m2 View Post
Well y'all, I wrecked my car. Totalled out by the insurance. Just had a full paint correction and ceramic too. I wasn't driving crazy, I didn't hit another car, we are ok, and I didn't receive a ticket. I guess with that I'll say goodbye to the m2comp forum. I called my guy from the crash site, and told him I was gonna need a new m car. You may disagree with my choice but I was stoked to somehow score an unclaimed allocation for a g87 on the spot. I'm very excited, but sad to lose my dream car. Cheers everyone.
Sorry to hear

Glad you are all okay though.

What actually happened?
      04-11-2023, 04:53 PM   #27
IcewaterPete
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F33 M Sport, 2021 M2C 6MT

Glad you are okay. Sorry to see this. It looks like you nailed a tree. What happened?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2023, 08:40 PM   #28
Silverlining_m2
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MFrankie View Post
Sorry to hear

Glad you are all okay though.

What actually happened?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcewaterPete View Post
Glad you are okay. Sorry to see this. It looks like you nailed a tree. What happened?

Hey guys. Hate to say it, because it's never happened in 30 years of driving, but I just lost control of the car.

I entered a sharp corner safely. I gassed it out of the corner, which I like to do ( I think we all do), and I didn't realize the road surface was covered in fine gravel pit dust. Back road. No cars around so I was accelerating in the middle of the road. Rear stepped sideways. I corrected. I hit clean pavement, it bounced back, and the front driver's side tire caught the edge of the grass. Sucked me right in, and I couldn't steer it back again. We were only going 35mph maybe.

My fault. I didn't see the dust. And I was on a narrow road. Sometimes there are L's in life. This was one for me. The homeowner across the street said they keep trying to get a sign put in there, because there's so many wrecks. He also, strangely told me he had to go to jail for fighting the owner of the gravel pit (I didn't know one was around the corner), because they won't "clean the goddamn street"... then the gravel out owner showed up and did his own inpromptu investigation before the cops arrived. Overall a very strange experience. And now I have a g87, which... y'all are gonna hate this... I personally enjoy more for a bunch of reasons. I feel lucky. The f80, f87, and g87 all have things I love though.
Attached Images

04-12-2023, 07:21 AM   #29
///MFrankie
///MHead
No_Country
Rep
Drives: MK2 Focus RS Stage 4+

Garage List
Quote:
Hey guys. Hate to say it, because it's never happened in 30 years of driving, but I just lost control of the car.

I entered a sharp corner safely. I gassed it out of the corner, which I like to do ( I think we all do), and I didn't realize the road surface was covered in fine gravel pit dust. Back road. No cars around so I was accelerating in the middle of the road. Rear stepped sideways. I corrected. I hit clean pavement, it bounced back, and the front driver's side tire caught the edge of the grass. Sucked me right in, and I couldn't steer it back again. We were only going 35mph maybe.

My fault. I didn't see the dust. And I was on a narrow road. Sometimes there are L's in life. This was one for me. The homeowner across the street said they keep trying to get a sign put in there, because there's so many wrecks. He also, strangely told me he had to go to jail for fighting the owner of the gravel pit (I didn't know one was around the corner), because they won't "clean the goddamn street"... then the gravel out owner showed up and did his own inpromptu investigation before the cops arrived. Overall a very strange experience. And now I have a g87, which... y'all are gonna hate this... I personally enjoy more for a bunch of reasons. I feel lucky. The f80, f87, and g87 all have things I love though.
That's so scary, in a flash we are reminded how dangerous RWD can be.

New cars looks awesome man, I can't wait to see what mods you do to this one! I know it's gonna be a project
      04-12-2023, 07:34 AM   #30
Silverlining_m2
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MFrankie View Post
That's so scary, in a flash we are reminded how dangerous RWD can be.

New cars looks awesome man, I can't wait to see what mods you do to this one! I know it's gonna be a project
Thanks my friend. Silver linings. Thankful for them.
      04-12-2023, 07:45 AM   #31
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Quote:
You may disagree with my choice but I was stoked to somehow score an unclaimed allocation for a g87 on the spot.
Sorry to hear about the crash, but that's amazing you scored a G87 so quickly. Not every F87 owner hates the G87 (even if many of us are in no hurry to upgrade).

I've been hanging out in the G87 forum because I love to read delivery threads!
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2023, 07:52 AM   #32
Silverlining_m2
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
Sorry to hear about the crash, but that's amazing you scored a G87 so quickly. Not every F87 owner hates the G87 (even if many of us are in no hurry to upgrade).

I've been hanging out in the G87 forum because I love to read delivery threads!
I called my bmw guy FROM THE CRASH SITE. "What m cars do you have"... he had a 2020 m2cs for $88k, but that's more than i wanted to spend. Told me about the incoming g87, and i said YES. Approved the next day ON 3/29. Delivery on 4/10. I love this car. It is more similar to my f80 than my f87 though, but in all the ways I would enjoy. I am relieved, happy, and excited to do some things to this car.
jkoral1023.00
      04-12-2023, 08:19 PM   #33
BadgerDog
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:

Thanks for sharing your experience... and super sorry to hear this happened to you. Interestingly I had a not so dissimilar experience recently in my Z4, which is exactly why I am not in an M2...

If you don't mind me asking, did you have traction control off at the time? I've been really pondering lately just how much the magic can save you from, and it would be an interesting data point.

I, stupidly, DID have it off when I had my accident and am rather convinced that's the only reason it was anything more than an embarrassing whoopsie. And I basically NEVER drove with it off, just turned it off one time on a fluke. Go figure. I love my M2, but man I miss my Z4.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2023, 08:23 PM   #34
Silverlining_m2
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience... and super sorry to hear this happened to you. Interestingly I had a not so dissimilar experience recently in my Z4, which is exactly why I am not in an M2...

If you don't mind me asking, did you have traction control off at the time? I've been really pondering lately just how much the magic can save you from, and it would be an interesting data point.

I, stupidly, DID have it off when I had my accident and am rather convinced that's the only reason it was anything more than an embarrassing whoopsie. And I basically NEVER drove with it off, just turned it off one time on a fluke. Go figure. I love my M2, but man I miss my Z4.
I turned it off 90 seconds beforehand, because I was certain the roads were warm enough. It's true. Literally. Right, left, right, all at a slow pace because there were 90° turns, hit the gas, in some dried mud. Gone. My new m2 has mdm mode on always, unless I am in an open parking lot, or on an open track. Well, once I hit 1200 miles next week.
      04-13-2023, 10:35 AM   #35
BadgerDog
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
I turned it off 90 seconds beforehand, because I was certain the roads were warm enough. It's true. Literally. Right, left, right, all at a slow pace because there were 90° turns, hit the gas, in some dried mud. Gone. My new m2 has mdm mode on always, unless I am in an open parking lot, or on an open track. Well, once I hit 1200 miles next week.
Ah yeah that really sucks. Thanks for the reply. My f87 is keeping traction control on as well haha. I'm ok with mdm but I'm not turning it off entirely. Just no good reason to.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2023, 11:15 AM   #36
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
Ah yeah that really sucks. Thanks for the reply. My f87 is keeping traction control on as well haha. I'm ok with mdm but I'm not turning it off entirely. Just no good reason to.
..... well, except for the track!

I burned up a set of rear pads leaving traction control on. I have a flashed motor and the car kept metering braking on the rear coming on WOT out of a turn.

Lesson learned-- DSC/MDM.... OFF on the track.

R.
      04-13-2023, 11:58 AM   #37
BadgerDog
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
..... well, except for the track!

I burned up a set of rear pads leaving traction control on. I have a flashed motor and the car kept metering braking on the rear coming on WOT out of a turn.

Lesson learned— DSC/MDM.... OFF on the track.

R.
Oof. Good to know I guess haha.
Appreciate 0