12-13-2021, 01:57 PM   #23
Pottah
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 LBB M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3awak3n View Post
I think you are smart not giving them more money and I agree $50 is weak.

Its funny because if they said sure here is $100 so you can refinish the crappy tips we sold you, you would be happy and recommend them in the future, they don't realize that for $50 they are loosing way more on the long run.

They are not going to write on their website because no one is going to buy their tips then, $300 is too much money to take a gamble if the finishing would come off or not.

Hope the refinish turns out well (I am sure it will). I think thats the best course of auction since you already have the tips otherwise I would just tell you to get the ebay ones for $200.
Exactly. $100 still isn't enough but it wouldn't feel like a slap in the face. Maybe I could find someone to do it for $100 but I'd rather bring it to someone I know will do it right. I just feel like there should be a disclaimer if you know there are issues under specific conditions. I don't believe my issue relates to those conditions, however. I've thought about getting knock off M performance tips but maybe I'll wait to see how these turn out before sinking any money into a "useless" mod. Thanks for listening to me rant
Appreciate 1
MooMooM21819.00
      12-18-2021, 04:36 AM   #24
BMWF87Melb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottah View Post
I was definitely on the fence about spending more to get the ceramic tips as a replacement but thought maybe it'll be worth it if they are more durable. I went to get a quote to ship mine back but I found out it would be $90. The more I thought about it the more I realized it's messed up that I would have to spend almost another $200 on top of the $280 I spent to begin with (essentially $480 for ceramic tips) especially since I just can't trust their products. I gave them one more chance to fix this and prove they have decent customer service and they failed. I sent them the pics and showed that these were either defective or never cured properly. Explained (again) that I only had them for less than 7mo and 3k mi, never under extreme temperatures, and never used any harsh chemicals. It also really pisses me off they claim there are issues with these tips in cold weather but STILL doesn't mention this on their site and had I known that I wouldn't have purchased them to begin with or if they said the ceramic ones would be fine I would have purchased those. I asked them to kindly cancel the order for the ceramic tips and requested they at least split the cost of the refinishing ($100) but they simply responded with:

We are sorry to hear that you feel that way.

- Ceramic Matte Black Tips Order canceled and refunded in full.
- USD$50 refunded as offered.

They really should have offered the full amount to have the tips refinished because the $50 offer is a slap in the face. I was hoping they could at least meet me half way. They simply don't give a f*ck about their customers. Maybe if I were in Australia and shipping wasn't an issue it wouldn't have been a big deal but at the same time I really do worry about their quality and customer service.

I would not recommend MODE Auto Concepts to anyone.

There are tons of companies out there who actually stand behind their products and do what is necessary to make things right but unfortunately this is not one of them.
I've seen some bad reviews of their service and products here in Australia too.
Appreciate 1
Pottah203.00
      01-28-2022, 12:03 AM   #25
marcw
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Garage List
This is a business with unethical business practices. I have purchased their "No Logo" tips and of course they have a logo on them.

Their excuse was that you can't see the logo when the tips are installed which is just a laughable excuse. How would you feel if I sell you a refrigerator with "No Mold" until you open the doors. Well you can't see it when it's closed. Sheesh. Hardly the point. No logo means just that. It does not have a logo.

They got $280 out of me and not a penny more EVER. I don't do business with unethical people period.

Hope you got your tips refinished and it worked out in the end. I've had mine only for 6 months and put maybe 1500 miles on them. So far no flaking.

Retired: 2016 328i xDrive SportsWagon, 2010 Z4 sDrive 35i, 2006 530 xiT, 1999 323i
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 08:58 PM   #26
Pottah
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcw View Post
This is a business with unethical business practices. I have purchased their "No Logo" cut tips and of course they have a logo on them.

Their excuse was that you can't see the logo when the tips are installed which is just a laughable excuse. How would you feel if I sell you a refrigerator with "No Mold" until you open the doors. Well you can't see it when it's closed. Sheesh. Hardly the point. No logo means just that. It does not have a logo.

They got $280 out of me and not a penny more EVER. I don't do business with unethical people period.

Hope you got your tips refinished and it worked out in the end. I've had mine only for 6 months and put maybe 1500 miles on them. So far no flaking.
Yeah same here with the logo. Ordered no logo but got the logo. I did get them refinished in a wet black powder coat and I think they look great. Here’s a pic from the day I picked them up. Good luck with your tips, I hope you fair better than I did!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
///MPhatic13862.50
MooMooM21819.00
      01-28-2022, 09:20 PM   #27
BMWF87Melb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VW Golf

Quote:
This is a business with unethical business practices. I have purchased their "No Logo" tips and of course they have a logo on them.

That is terrible to hear. Unethical business like you have stated here.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 09:22 PM   #28
marcw
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
This is a business with unethical business practices. I have purchased their "No Logo" cut tips and of course they have a logo on them.

Yeah same here with the logo. Ordered no logo but got the logo. I did get them refinished in a wet black powder coat and I think they look great. Here’s a pic from the day I picked them up. Good luck with your tips, I hope you fair better than I did!
Nice. They turned out amazing. Please PM me the shop where you got them done if you don't mind. Mine will inevitably start to flake at some point. I want to support honest businesses that do good work.

Retired: 2016 328i xDrive SportsWagon, 2010 Z4 sDrive 35i, 2006 530 xiT, 1999 323i
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 02:53 PM   #29
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
they turned out great!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 06:28 AM   #30
Pottah
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nice. They turned out amazing. Please PM me the shop where you got them done if you don't mind. Mine will inevitably start to flake at some point. I want to support honest businesses that do good work.
Will do!
Appreciate 0