BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Alpha N/Edison composites gts hood disaster

06-24-2019, 09:12 AM   #1
Diogo AMS
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 bmw M2C

Alpha N/Edison composites gts hood disaster

i was going to just lay this entire nightmare/ordeal to rest on the m2 page on facebook but after the admins reached out to me last night with screen shots of the owner of Alpha threatening legal action against them if they didn't delete my post i just cant see myself doing that now.. so here it goes.. ordered hood back in November, was promised hood Jan, then Feb, then march, then April, then may, (have all screen shots to prove this) then it finally showed up in the may 31... the excitement of receiving the hood quickly went away once i opened the box a saw the quality/ condition of it..the hood had 100's of pencil sized pin holes, weave was mended directly down the center of the hood, center hump was all warped, underside was even worse, black mr gasket silicone going across the entire edge of the hood, inside carbon quality was just horrible, reached out to them and they claimed it was perfectly acceptable quality.. i then proceeded sanding it and giving it a good coat of primer.. that did nothing, so sanded that, did body work to the get the hump even then spray polyed the entire hood, by now the hood in a acceptable form and ready to paint but alpha is not willing to work with me on anything and only option they are willing to give is to ship the hood back.. ive said this now a few time, lot of respect for IND for how they handled this entire shit show, IND refunded me the full amount plus the time i spent prepping it, and the boxing materials to ship it back.. and to make this situation even worse the owner of alpha took to facebook yesterday trying to defend his crappy product and say im a liar and that i didnt know what i was doing and also threatened legal action on me... i must have not read were you spend $4200 and then have to spend another 12-15h in body, prep and paint work SMH
Appreciate 3
akkando5864.50
M-Pilot4859.00
///M Houbi1655.00
      06-24-2019, 09:19 AM   #2
jashton
Private
Rep
Drives: Shelby GT350

No pics?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 09:36 AM   #3
Diogo AMS
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jashton View Post
No pics?
i have a ton a vids, trying to figure out how to post them on here
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 09:48 AM   #4
Diogo AMS
Private
United_States
Rep

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1268...4166942264279/
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 09:52 AM   #5
Diogo AMS
Private
United_States
Rep

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1268...10405825640391
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 10:47 AM   #6
Bumpinjeep
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
Sounds like IND is a really good company to order from.
natmad667.00
ChiTownM1062.00
ChrisK4449.00
Tag18143.00
AndrewC198910931.00
Kattanah137.50
      06-24-2019, 11:01 AM   #7
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
Sounds like IND is a really good company to order from.
IND is the real deal, very knowledgeable company to work with for all of our BMWs tuning needs. Had the pleasure to go there several time locally and all of the folks are great to work with!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 11:10 AM   #8
Bumpinjeep
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownM View Post
IND is the real deal, very knowledgeable company to work with for all of our BMWs tuning needs. Had the pleasure to go there several time locally and all of the folks are great to work with!
My M2C is the first (well, technically 2nd) BMW i've owned. I'll have to check them out.
      06-24-2019, 11:15 AM   #9
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Screenshots? I don't have a Facebook account to join the group.

But, from your story, in my opinion, mistake you made was repairing the hood instead of shipping it back to them or before negotiating a partial refund to cover repair costs. I understand you just wanted the hood, especially after waiting so long for it, so you wanted to get it up to par quickly, but if a mutual deal is not there then you don't proceed. Alpha N never agree to pay repair costs, so I think it's in bad taste to hold someone responsible to a deal that was never agreed on.

You're very fortunate IND refunded you the full hood cost, cost of repairing it, and shipping costs. You got the hood for free, so I wouldn't be upset.

Let others know that the product you received was bad quality, so they know what to expect before order, then leave it at that and move on.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 11:18 AM   #10
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Closed facebook group. Got screenshots or something else to show?

+1 on IND. Glad they are helping out. Hope they can put pressure on the supplier.
Appreciate 1
Alfy79.00
      06-24-2019, 12:31 PM   #11
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Not a good situation!

+1 on IND. They rock!
      06-24-2019, 01:16 PM   #12
Diogo AMS
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post

But, from your story, in my opinion, mistake you made was repairing the hood instead of shipping it back to them or before negotiating a partial refund to cover repair costs. I understand you just wanted the hood, especially after waiting so long for it, so you wanted to get it up to par quickly, but if a mutual deal is not there then you don't proceed. Alpha N never agree to pay repair costs, so I think it's in bad taste to hold someone responsible to a deal that was never agreed on.

You're very fortunate IND refunded you the full hood cost, cost of repairing it, and shipping costs. You got the hood for free, so I wouldn't be upset.

Let others know that the product you received was bad quality, so they know what to expect before order, then leave it at that and move on.
Quote:

I was told you prep the hood by them... didn't do anything at my own accord
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 01:18 PM   #13
Diogo AMS
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Quote:

I sent the hood back... I got nothing for free
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 02:54 PM   #14
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogo AMS View Post
" i then proceeded sanding it and giving it a good coat of primer.. that did nothing, so sanded that, did body work to the get the hump even then spray polyed the entire hood, by now the hood in a acceptable form and ready to paint but alpha is not willing to work with me on anything"

You said that you sanded and primered the hood to prep for paint, but that wasn't good enough, so you repaired the hump and other imperfections so that it was acceptable. That's how I'm interpreting it. Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't want to get the facts wrong about what happened.

What do you mean you didn't do anything at your own accord, though? They told you to do the body work to repair the pinholes and warped hump? That would change my thoughts things then.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 03:12 PM   #15
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

Quote:
" i then proceeded sanding it and giving it a good coat of primer.. that did nothing, so sanded that, did body work to the get the hump even then spray polyed the entire hood, by now the hood in a acceptable form and ready to paint but alpha is not willing to work with me on anything"

You said that you sanded and primered the hood to prep for paint, but that wasn't good enough, so you repaired the hump and other imperfections so that it was acceptable. That's how I'm interpreting it. Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't want to get the facts wrong about what happened.

What do you mean you didn't do anything at your own accord, though? They told you to do the body work to repair the pinholes and warped hump? That would change my thoughts things then.
"IND refunded me the full amount plus the time i spent prepping it, and the boxing materials to ship it back.."

He sent it back
      06-24-2019, 03:26 PM   #16
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_F87 View Post
"IND refunded me the full amount plus the time i spent prepping it, and the boxing materials to ship it back.."

He sent it back
I understand that now, but chose not to mention it doesn't change anything. He was made whole both ways. End of story on that aspect.

What I said previously remains unchanged. That I think it's in his best interest to move on, since he was made whole. Let people know what happened, explain his side and answer questions, so the same thing doesn't happen to others. Nothing wrong with people asking questions to understand exactly what happened. That's only fair to all parties. But otherwise, there is nothing for him to fight with Alpha N here anymore.
Appreciate 1
      06-24-2019, 06:42 PM   #17
ufgtrs2007
dentite
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4, M2C, JLU392, e92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
+1 IND. Great company. I've shipped my M2C to them for a makeover. That's how much I trust their work.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 06:56 PM   #18
Brandt51
Flavor of the month
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW F87  [9.50]
2020 F87 M2 Comp
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 07:05 PM   #19
AZ-Wildcat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW HS M2C DCT

So many grammatical errors, subscribed!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 08:14 PM   #20
MMMBRAP
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

I personally would not order anything for my M2C except from IND. They fit my OCD levels of awesome.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 08:36 PM   #21
Diogo AMS
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I was told by the other parties to prep it that they would cover the prep charges. They then said to just ship it back... this isn't a bash alpha n thread, this is let me warn others to not be dumb like me and spend $4200 on a hood that took 6 months to show up and when it did it was complete shit....
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 08:40 PM   #22
Diogo AMS
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

He sent it back
I understand that now, but chose not to mention it doesn't change anything. He was made whole both ways. End of story on that aspect.

What I said previously remains unchanged. That I think it's in his best interest to move on, since he was made whole. Let people know what happened, explain his side and answer questions, so the same thing doesn't happen to others. Nothing wrong with people asking questions to understand exactly what happened. That's only fair to all parties. But otherwise, there is nothing for him to fight with Alpha N here anymore.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

He sent it back

Honestly I had layed this to rest last night, then the guy from alpha proceded to threaten the moderator of the Facebook page with legal action if he didn't remove the post? That's just pathetic... so yes on that note I decided to warn others here since I'm sure there are many more that want that hood as bad as I did.
Appreciate 0