11-19-2018, 08:44 AM   #23
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: G80 M3 / G82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2M View Post
Does anyone have the Polar blue start button from IND? Im not sure if I should order the LBB paddles or the Marina Blue paddles to match the Polar blue button
Polar Blue is closer to Long Beach Blue.
      12-09-2018, 06:15 PM   #24
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin fed View Post
anyway real dirvers shift gears
Meeoooooow
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 10:57 PM   #25
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IND-Distribution View Post
Quote:
Does anyone have the Polar blue start button from IND? Im not sure if I should order the LBB paddles or the Marina Blue paddles to match the Polar blue button
Polar Blue is closer to Long Beach Blue.
I went with the Marina Blue
Attached Images

12-11-2018, 05:20 AM   #26
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

I just ordered a pair of these from Max at MMR Performance here in the UK, which are manufactured from Aircraft Grade T-6061Aluminium Billet. I went for the titanium for the contract, but they also come in dark anthracite as well. For me they are the best looking ones I have found yet.

https://www.mmrperformance.co.uk/pro...ift-paddle-set

Last edited by Karlosm2c; 12-11-2018 at 05:39 AM..
Appreciate 1
Spare°257.50
      12-13-2018, 11:07 AM   #27
jpii
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
These are the LBB paddles with the polar blue button.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-04-2019, 07:34 PM   #28
samsamdar
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [6.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpii View Post
These are the LBB paddles with the polar blue button.
is anyone with the autotecknic paddles experiencing flimsiness? I can’t get the gearshift to register unless I hit the paddle in the exact middle (defeats the purpose of the longer paddle).
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 08:55 PM   #29
subliminalaudio
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///LBB Rav View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by papertarget View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Bugger.... what to get then
Ended up taking a gamble with these. Asked the seller for pics of the item before paying and they appear to look similar to LBB. Fingers crossed they come out okay - Reviews suggest they're good. Will post pics and update once I've received them.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-Steering-Wheel-Paddle-Extend-Shifter-Replacement-For-BMW-F20-F22-F31-F34-F35-F30-F32/32878336501.html?spm=2114.search0104.0.0.1c09554dF 9Khf6
Quote:
Quote:
Ended up taking a gamble with these. Asked the seller for pics of the item before paying and they appear to look similar to LBB. Fingers crossed they come out okay - Reviews suggest they're good. Will post pics and update once I've received them.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...1c09554dF9Khf6
Thanks! Will wait and see what you think
Well...they arrived in the mail today! they feel really good (solid aluminum construction) and the blue looks really cool too! I haven't had the chance to install as yet but hopefully next week at some stage. happy with the finish and has a "matt-ish" LBB appearance. definitely happy with them visually but let's see how they hold up with fitment.
How hard was the installation?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 11:33 AM   #30
Stef
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsamdar View Post
is anyone with the autotecknic paddles experiencing flimsiness? I can’t get the gearshift to register unless I hit the paddle in the exact middle (defeats the purpose of the longer paddle).

Same observation here. When I press the upper extremity of the paddle, the paddle seems to flex a bit and therefore I have to press harder in order for the gear to change.

When pressing the paddle from the middle section of it, the amount of pressure needed for a gear change is minimal, as with the original paddle. If I apply a similar, minimal pressure on the extended upper extremity of the paddle, sometimes the paddle only "flexes" a little bit and the gear does not change.

There is no way I can screw the paddles harder than they already are, so I am thinking of going back to the original, shorter ones.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 02:40 PM   #31
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsamdar View Post
is anyone with the autotecknic paddles experiencing flimsiness? I can't get the gearshift to register unless I hit the paddle in the exact middle (defeats the purpose of the longer paddle).

Same observation here. When I press the upper extremity of the paddle, the paddle seems to flex a bit and therefore I have to press harder in order for the gear to change.

When pressing the paddle from the middle section of it, the amount of pressure needed for a gear change is minimal, as with the original paddle. If I apply a similar, minimal pressure on the extended upper extremity of the paddle, sometimes the paddle only "flexes" a little bit and the gear does not change.

There is no way I can screw the paddles harder than they already are, so I am thinking of going back to the original, shorter ones.
You need to make sure the paddle is properly seated in the assembly before reinstalling. I did two sets first were exactly like you're describing then I realized the Autotecknic paddle wasn't fully locked into the OEM paddle receiver or whatever you want to call it. Make sure yours are all the way in.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 03:09 AM   #32
///LBB Rav
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M (Pre-LCI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by subliminalaudio View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-Steering-Wheel-Paddle-Extend-Shifter-Replacement-For-BMW-F20-F22-F31-F34-F35-F30-F32/32878336501.html?spm=2114.search0104.0.0.1c09554dF 9Khf6
Quote:
Quote:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...1c09554dF9Khf6
Thanks! Will wait and see what you think
Well...they arrived in the mail today! they feel really good (solid aluminum construction) and the blue looks really cool too! I haven't had the chance to install as yet but hopefully next week at some stage. happy with the finish and has a "matt-ish" LBB appearance. definitely happy with them visually but let's see how they hold up with fitment.
How hard was the installation?
it was actually quite easy. took about 15 mins all up. there's instructions on the forum on how to do it. it will involve disconnecting the battery and removing the airbag
Appreciate 0