BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > As I wait... M2C Tips and Tricks!

06-23-2019, 03:09 PM   #67
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I coded the rear view camera to allow it to activate at any speed or distance, so when I'm driving and some mouth-breather starts dangerously tailgating me; I switch the camera on..

I have a keen understanding on how the mind of a moron works, sort of like a feral animal; obvious self-preservation kicks in much quicker than logical reasoning, so the second they see the image of their vehicle on the iDrive screen, they assume they're being "recorded," and consequently fall back and stop tailgating.
I'd recommend activating the rear fog lights instead. It's easy coding and minor modifying of the button. People see them as brake lights and 9 fine out of 10 back off. It's like brake checking them without having to dangerously slow down, you stay on the gas.

edit: just saw you did already.
Appreciate 2
Poochie9104.50
///M Houbi1655.00
      06-24-2019, 01:09 AM   #68
samsamdar
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [6.67]
Quote:
I sure did, the mapping was already there, I just had to do some trial and error to figure out the correct values.

I wish I could of code in some laser beams and a machine gun with a bandolier, to deter tailgaters but my reverse light scare has been working, thus far.

Just last night, someone on a 4 lane highway decided to tail just me, so kept randomly flicking on the reverse light and I got them retreat.

I really think it's the pretty design and sound attracts people to the vehicle and not so much hate.

I like staring at interesting vehicles also but I respect the driver and admire from a far, not try to get up in his ass, like a colonoscopy. People need to learn boundaries and not try to "Me too" other folks' property, on the expressway.
PLEASE send me those coding values lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2019, 12:10 AM   #69
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

I almost forgot this feature and the great thing is it requires no coding, it's standard in all US vehicles.

Because the streets in places like Europe and Japan are narrow, all BMWs includes a feature officially called "Roadside Parking Lamps" where it keeps one side of the parking lights on (L or R), after you shut off and lock your vehicle, so other drivers would be able to see your vehicle, around dark turns.. I use it all the time.

Funny, I get calls from my friends informing me that I left just "one" of my headlights on.

Edit: This doesn't work on US spec vehicles built after 03/2017 with the 'new style turn signal stalk' even with coding.
Appreciate 2
cptobvious2531.50
kpham189.50
      07-21-2019, 10:50 AM   #70
msdss
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2020 BMW M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdss View Post
can anyone confirm that on the USDM version of the car, if you opt for the wireless charger, the USB ports serve as rapid chargers?

Someone said that above, and that would be the shit.
Yes, "Wireless Charging" gets two 3.0 USB high-speed outlets.

Standard is one is a 2.0 USB, which is capped at .5A.

Verified it through the coding parameters.

I would like some USC-C outlets but I saw that's standard on the M340i, so I guess I have to wait until the next generation.

After receiving my car I have verified that this is false on my USDM 2020 M2C. Both USB ports act as regular non-rapid charging ports. Shame.

Not sure what coding you are referring to, but it is unfortunate.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 10:51 AM   #71
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
can anyone confirm that on the USDM version of the car, if you opt for the wireless charger, the USB ports serve as rapid chargers?

I would like some USC-C outlets but I saw that's standard on the M340i, so I guess I have to wait until the next generation.

After receiving my car I have verified that this is false on my USDM 2020 M2C. Both USB ports act as regular non-rapid charging ports. Shame.

How did you verify this?

Newer BMWs uses USB 3.0 which has a flowing power of up to 2.1a, depending on what the device allows. Plug in a 3.0 USB to verify it accepts it.

The non-WC vehicles used USB 2.0 which is capped at .5A.

You can verify it with something like this:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 01:37 PM   #72
msdss
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How did you verify this?

Newer BMWs uses USB 3.0 which has a flowing power of up to 2.1a, depending on what the device allows. Plug in a 3.0 USB to verify it accepts it.

The non-WC vehicles used USB 2.0 which is capped at .5A.

You can verify it with something like this:
I'm verifying just by using my phone. Plugging it into either USB port reports it as a standard charger. I tested it using a Note 9, S8+, and a standard S8.

The estimated charging times of 2+ hours to go from 80% to fully charged was a big hint as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 09:36 AM   #73
BlkSVT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2c BSM, 2020 MB GLC63

Quote:
I'm verifying just by using my phone. Plugging it into either USB port reports it as a standard charger. I tested it using a Note 9, S8+, and a standard S8.

The estimated charging times of 2+ hours to go from 80% to fully charged was a big hint as well.
I'm sure you have already, but if not, try another cable. Samsungs in particular seem way particular on cable health before enabling rapid-charge.

My iPhone X and daughter's Samsung 8 both rapid charge from the USB under arm rest. The exec package wireless charge BTW? Pointless due to location and agonizingly slow charge time
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 09:42 AM   #74
msdss
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkSVT View Post
Quote:

I'm sure you have already, but if not, try another cable. Samsungs in particular seem way particular on cable health before enabling rapid-charge.

My iPhone X and daughter's Samsung 8 both rapid charge from the USB under arm rest. The exec package wireless charge BTW? Pointless due to location and agonizingly slow charge time
I did not try a different cable, but it's worth a shot. It's the one I usually use for charging. But I'll give it a go.

The wireless charge seems to work well for my GFs base s8, but she's only used it once, so I haven't paid too close attention to the Performance.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 11:18 PM   #75
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Pressing LIM in a school zone is a handy feature. It’s like pit mode on race car.
Just touch LIM button on the wheel and it sets max speed to whatever you are currently doing.
Appreciate 2
      07-26-2019, 09:20 AM   #76
natmad
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT, M3C Build Week 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Pressing LIM in a school zone is a handy feature. It’s like pit mode on race car.
Just touch LIM button on the wheel and it sets max speed to whatever you are currently doing.
LIM button?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 09:43 AM   #77
silverds
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: you up a wall

Its a button to enable a maximum speed governor (parameter) stack. It prevents your car from exceeding the speed limit you select regardless of pedal input.

US spec M2Cs don't have it, but like almost everything else, it can probably be coded.
Appreciate 1
natmad667.00
      07-27-2019, 02:28 AM   #78
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverds View Post
Its a button to enable a maximum speed governor (parameter) stack. It prevents your car from exceeding the speed limit you select regardless of pedal input.

US spec M2Cs don't have it, but like almost everything else, it can probably be coded.
Oh wow. I didn't realise that. Then again you probably don't have speed cameras and hidden police as part of the taxation system. I would gladly trade this for no LIM button.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2019, 06:30 AM   #79
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Quote:
Oh wow. I didn't realise that. Then again you probably don't have speed cameras and hidden police as part of the taxation system. I would gladly trade this for no LIM button.
No, we really, really do have both of those things.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 02:14 AM   #80
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
Well that sucks.

Do you have this sort of crap though? This road has no houses or people around used to be 80km/h. Now to set to a 50km/h speed limit (31mph) as it is an easy place for police to hide when they need to meet their State Government imposed quota.

The #TowardsZero hashtag either applies to joy or common sense.

Note the convenient photo of the car in another street to where the offence occurred. Such assholes.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 03:51 AM   #81
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
Well that sucks.

Do you have this sort of crap though? This road has no houses or people around used to be 80km/h. Now to set to a 50km/h speed limit (31mph) as it is an easy place for police to hide when they need to meet their State Government imposed quota.

The #TowardsZero hashtag either applies to joy or common sense.

Note the convenient photo of the car in another street to where the offence occurred. Such assholes.
Every other block here in NYC has a speed camera and the limits are set arbitrary low to get you.

Also, the cops here don't even have to catch you on radar to write a ticket; they're supposedly trained to "visually estimate" your speed within 5mph and substantiate the alleged offend based on just that alone. The judges and lawmakers back their unfair play.

So highway patrol here just sit on the side of the road, watch a car drive by and basically guess the speed it's traveling, rending a radar or laser detector useless.

Not competing for sympathy but keep in mind, we're also struggle with municipal greed.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0