BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bavsound Review

01-26-2023, 12:42 PM   #1
AJT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Bavsound Review

Initial feedback:

I just had the full Bavsound upgrade installed (speakers, subs, amp) in my 2020 M2C yesterday. Obviously I haven't spent a ton of time with it just yet but I thought I'd share my initial impressions.

I had the HK system and really didn't like it a whole lot but I'm also not a major audiophile by any stretch. My wife has the Burmester stereo in her MB which is amazing so I'd hoped to maybe get something close to that. I can say that what I've heard from it so far is that it really adds a depth and richness to the music. I'm picking up on detail that I'd never heard before in songs, which says a lot as my hearing sucks and again, I'm no big audio buff. This is the first car I've ever upgraded the stereo in.

The one disappointment so far but not a major surprise is the subs don't seem to have added as much deep bass as I was hoping. I've read some that the speakers need to be broken in (?), so perhaps it will get a little better, but I'd say for me the gains have been really pretty minimal when playing bass heavy music (90's hip hop, etc). I recognize there are going to be limitations given the allowed space, location, etc., but thought I'd share.

Overall I'm happy with the upgrade so far and would do it all over again.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 09:44 PM   #2
ShortSides
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
It's a nice review, but honestly my man, without a proper amp, the speakers mean nothing. I could drop 5 grand for 4 Focal K2s in it and it won't mean shit if it's not powered. In reality, for best value at a "cheap" pricetag is to team a JL VX amp with the HK speakers and it sounds pretty good. Although the HKs are paper cone and garbage, the amp with proper power brings these to life....ish.

I had a 15k system in my old BMW and I can say without a doubt that 2 independent JL amps, a bunch of Focals, a big ass ported JL 12" sub, and a total wrap of hushmat will spoil you to the point that nothing scratches the itch once you've heard its power.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2023, 06:29 AM   #3
AJT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortSides View Post
It's a nice review, but honestly my man, without a proper amp, the speakers mean nothing. I could drop 5 grand for 4 Focal K2s in it and it won't mean shit if it's not powered. In reality, for best value at a "cheap" pricetag is to team a JL VX amp with the HK speakers and it sounds pretty good. Although the HKs are paper cone and garbage, the amp with proper power brings these to life....ish.

I had a 15k system in my old BMW and I can say without a doubt that 2 independent JL amps, a bunch of Focals, a big ass ported JL 12" sub, and a total wrap of hushmat will spoil you to the point that nothing scratches the itch once you've heard its power.
Understood. The Bavsound comes with an 8x100 watt amp. Not sure that's sufficient for decent bass.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 11:06 AM   #4
TheHunterHofman
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 Competition (LCII)

Just wanted to chime in here:

I installed it as well, and am happy with it.
Appreciate 1
F87source7233.50
      07-13-2023, 07:47 AM   #5
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterHofman View Post
Just wanted to chime in here:

I installed it as well, and am happy with it.
I literally find your videos so entertaining. The whole pulling out the subwoofer thing had me chuckling.