BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Removing the H-pipe M2C (EU 2021)

09-18-2023, 09:38 AM   #1
JulienP
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2C

Question Removing the H-pipe M2C (EU 2021)

Hi everyone,

I'm reaching out to discuss a specific concern I have regarding the exhaust setup on the 2021 BMW M2 Competition (EU). I've come across the Grail exhaust system which seems to have removed the H-pipe.

Grail exhaust: trackparts.ch/GRAIL-BMW-M2-Competition-F87-Klappenabgasanlage

My main concern is about the implications of removing the H-pipe, especially when the OPF (particulate filter) remains untouched. Can this potentially throw the car into Safety mode/Limp mode?

Stock H-pipe:

I'm eager to hear your experiences or insights on this matter. Has anyone faced any issues with such modifications? Are there any technical reasons why the H-pipe was removed in the Grail setup?

Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge.

Best regards,
J

Last edited by JulienP; 09-18-2023 at 09:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2023, 10:52 AM   #2
JulienP
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2C

Still interested and grateful for any responses.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2023, 06:39 AM   #3
squixs
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

I think it's best to contact the manufacturer to verify whether this exhaust "flows enough" to trigger warnings/errors in the OPF pressure systems. Some exhausts have been specifically designed and manufactured with this in mind (Akra, Remus Sport, all EC-approved) while others can potentially trigger a warning because of the backpressure differences.

Should this be the case, you can always consider removing the OPF and installing LEIB OPF-deleter connectors which will bypass the monitors without having to flash the DME.
Appreciate 0