BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > First 1200miles/2000km

01-03-2020, 11:13 AM   #1
Lyric
Rep
Drives: '20 BMW M2 Competition

First 1200miles/2000km

As I was told by dealership breaking-in for M2 Competition is around 2000km (1200miles). After that your car is called in for first maintenance to the dealership. I was told by sales man that it's necessary to change the engine oil and diff oil and I was really happy about it since it's always nice to change most fluids after first couple hundreds miles/kilometers in a new car.

Buuuuut...last month my friend who owned two M3 here in Poland told me that it's not always a truth..they usually change diff oil and nothing else

I'm curious to hear Your guys opinion about it? What do they really do on this first service? It's very important to me since I want to use this car in long-term and I really care about this first service since it can really extand problem-free life with a car..

Will be happy to see answers
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 12:14 PM   #2
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

There is no "opinion" it's a fact that the run in service on the car requires engine oil change and diff fluid change. And in the case of DCT I THINK they enable launch control to be used but not sure since I have a 6MT. This is BMW's specified run in service for the car

Do a search on the forums next time. The topic has been explained to death
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2020, 01:32 PM   #3
MMMBRAP
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1660683
Appreciate 0