02-19-2020, 08:23 AM   #67
243Racing
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Tell me about it; red leather seats are my jam. : drool::d rool:
What did Clarkson say about the similar RX-8 interior?

"It looks like a gentleman's washbag"

I love it.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 08:39 AM   #68
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastieBombRacing View Post
What did Clarkson say about the similar RX-8 interior?

"It looks like a gentleman's washbag"

I love it.
So do I; a car with red interior in the hood make the public believe you're driving some sort of exotic car, for some strange reason..

I don't care what kind of criticism ensue because of my choice in style, red leather
Is a very vibrant interior color and add a lot of character, to an otherwise dull layout.

I could take it, I've endured a lot more colorful homophobic and misogynistic insults when I owned (and loved) a red Mini Cooper JCW, including this one ignorant guy I remember putting down his window and telling me; "Only girls drives Miatas" when I was in it :

#HatersGonnaHate
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 08:41 AM   #69
243Racing
Banned
Rep

Quote:
So do I; a car with red interior in the hood make the public believe you're driving some sort of exotic car, for some strange reason..

I don't care what kind of criticism ensue because of my choice in style, red leather
Is a very vibrant interior color and add a lot of character to an otherwise dull layout.

I could take it, I've endured a lot more colorful homophobic and misogynistic insults because I once owned (and loved) a red Mini Cooper JCW, including this one guy I remember putting down his window and telling me; "Only girls drives Miata" when I was in it :

#HatersGonnaHate
Oh yeah, the hairdresser's car. I got it just as much in the miata as I did in the boxster
Appreciate 2
Poochie9099.00
      02-20-2020, 11:38 AM   #70
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
@Poochie and ///AVM, I know both of you have been speculating on MY21 changes and I have actually be reading intently on your thoughts.

However, at this point I have decided to actively search for a MY20, and maybe get close to a 11% discount. New features would be great, but after some soul searching, the current M2C package is pretty great and I rather save a few grand than the potential of adaptive suspension. However, it would have been great if BMW just added blind spot monitoring. I have gotten way too use to this great feature.
JC

I am quite certain your decision to go with a 20' M2C will be very fulfilling regardless of the 21' release.

My impression from comments of others is that the 21' will be announced in March - a couple short weeks away - so it might be worthwhile to hold-out just a little while longer. Your anticipated discount would likely become a few percentage points even better.

I do not expect anything dramatic to change with 21' model release. I do think BMW is going to bundle a few desirable options AND I suspect BMW is going to offer 'something' many will find quite enticing.

You will enjoy whatever model year M2C you decide upon. That I am certain.

///AVM
My money is on them not announcing the 2021 until May/June closer to SOP of 7/20
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 12:36 PM   #71
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:

I could take it, I've endured a lot more colorful homophobic and misogynistic insults when I owned (and loved) a red Mini Cooper JCW, including this one ignorant guy I remember putting down his window and telling me; "Only girls drives Miatas" when I was in it :

#HatersGonnaHate
Literal translation of what that guy said: "I'm unhappy with my life/current mental state, please join me in feeling shitty about myself so that I don't feel so alone"

Happy people don't try to insult random strangers.
Appreciate 2
Poochie9099.00
      02-20-2020, 01:22 PM   #72
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moflow View Post
Quote:

#HatersGonnaHate
Literal translation of what that guy said: "I'm unhappy with my life/current mental state, please join me in feeling shitty about myself so that I don't feel so alone"

Happy people don't try to insult random strangers.

I agree, it was pretty confusing; the last thing on my mind is messing with people in the public, unless I'm provoked..

It also didn't help my machismo that I used to drive around with a Yorkie that I bought my girlfriend but whatever, I dear them to try this "maricón" because I fight real dirty
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      02-20-2020, 01:29 PM   #73
Poochie
United_States
Rep

My money is on them not announcing the 2021 until May/June closer to SOP of 7/20[/QUOTE]

You're probably right on the new release date but the fact the 2020 MY was release in 03/2019, I assume that was the new fiscal model year changeover would begin in March but July is typical.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 04:05 PM   #74
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
My money is on them not announcing the 2021 until May/June closer to SOP of 7/20
You're probably right on the new release date but the fact the 2020 MY was release in 03/2019, I assume that was the new fiscal model year changeover would begin in March but July is typical.[/QUOTE]
So even with SOP 7/20 for MY21, when do you think first delivers will be for the US? Potentially, September? The reason is I will need a vehicle in late July / early August. Might be forced to get a MY20, which is not a bad thing.

Currently, one dealer is offering $59.5K OTD fo HS for a MSRP build of $63.4K. I really wanted to do PCD, but not sure if I should also pass on this discount...even though I originally want to build a LBB with moonroof.
      02-20-2020, 04:15 PM   #75
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You're probably right on the new release date but the fact the 2020 MY was release in 03/2019, I assume that was the new fiscal model year changeover would begin in March but July is typical.
So even with SOP 7/20 for MY21, when do you think first delivers will be for the US? Potentially, September? The reason is I will need a vehicle in late July / early August. Might be forced to get a MY20, which is not a bad thing.

Currently, one dealer is offering $59.5K OTD fo HS for a MSRP build of $63.4K. I really wanted to do PCD, but not sure if I should also pass on this discount...even though I originally want to build a LBB with moonroof.[/QUOTE]

Deliveries to the US usually begin appearing around late September to October, sooner if it's an SUV, since those are assembled right here in South Carolina.

59.5k is not bad for one with a moonroof and DCT, OTD, granted that means they're also absorbing the taxes and fees.

Go for it
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 04:20 PM   #76
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Currently, one dealer is offering $59.5K OTD fo HS for a MSRP build of $63.4K. I really wanted to do PCD, but not sure if I should also pass on this discount...even though I originally want to build a LBB with moonroof.

Deliveries to the US usually begin appearing around late September to October, sooner if it's an SUV, since those are assembled right here in South Carolina.

59.5k is not bad for one with a moonroof and DCT, OTD, granted that means they're also absorbing the taxes and fees.

Go for it
[/QUOTE]

Correction, it's a 6sp with no moonroof. Costly options other than the executive package are the carbon fiber mirrors and metal petals. They also included dumb stuff like the floating roundels, etc.

Originally, I was all in for HS, but now LBB is tugging away at me. And call me odd, but I also wanted a moonroof. But I won't be able to get a discount on a build
      02-20-2020, 04:25 PM   #77
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Go for it
.[/QUOTE]

Oh, well that changes everything..

You can do better then, considering what you just mentioned, if you eliminated all that extra fluff, you can get a similarly-equipped vehicle for like $57k or better, OTD.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 04:42 PM   #78
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

$57,560 for 2020 order (not on lot) w/ SOM paint, MT, Executive.

No other options or dealer add-on's.

That's OTD except for taxes.

R.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 04:58 PM   #79
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
$57,560 for 2020 order (not on lot) w/ SOM paint, MT, Executive.

No other options or dealer add-on's.

That's OTD except for taxes.

R.
Actually you have been a huge help, I was actually looking at yours as a marker. With CO tax of 4.63% that is $60,225 OTD.

My quote is with PA tax with all options you listed plus some other dealer add one for $59.5K OTD. Which i thought was decent, but I guess I could be wrong.
      02-20-2020, 05:09 PM   #80
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
Actually you have been a huge help, I was actually looking at yours as a marker. With CO tax of 4.63% that is $60,225 OTD.

My quote is with PA tax with all options you listed plus some other dealer add one for $59.5K OTD. Which i thought was decent, but I guess I could be wrong.
Whoops. I screwed up.

The actual number was $56,972.25. Taxes were $4,775.94 and title fee was $37.20. So, total OTD was $61,785.39 (except for vehicle registration).

Hopefully, the breakdown of the numbers helps.

Remember, the cars seem to be pretty location dependent. I think **FOR MY AREA** I got a very good price. I don't think I could have done much better, at least not for an Allocation order.

R.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 06:23 PM   #81
xxyion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition xDrive

I'm so jealous of you guys. Lowest i was able to talk them down was 59,600 with MT, Executive package, BSM. Tax in California is 9%. OTD pricing was 67k after taxes and fees.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 07:50 AM   #82
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Deals are geo dependent, but that is a great discount (assuming OTD includes taxes?). If it doesn't include taxes, then its still a good deal.

But it sounds like you are not ready for HS, so dont do it. Get the color you like. This is such a great car, that you dont want to always think about the color. For me I've always loved a moonroof and was torn about it with the M2. If I had gotten it, I would have always focused on the dark patch on my roof, so I didnt do it. Spec yours the way you want
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 10:18 AM   #83
xxyion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Deals are geo dependent, but that is a great discount (assuming OTD includes taxes?). If it doesn't include taxes, then its still a good deal.

But it sounds like you are not ready for HS, so dont do it. Get the color you like. This is such a great car, that you dont want to always think about the color. For me I've always loved a moonroof and was torn about it with the M2. If I had gotten it, I would have always focused on the dark patch on my roof, so I didnt do it. Spec yours the way you want
This is so true. If you're going to spend this kind of money you better be sure you get exactly what you want. Otherwise you'll never be able to enjoy the car quite as much as you normally would. You think color doesnt matter (unless it 100% doesnt) but it will always nag you in the back of your head that you should have just waited for the color that really speaks to you.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 10:29 AM   #84
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyion View Post
This is so true. If you're going to spend this kind of money you better be sure you get exactly what you want. Otherwise you'll never be able to enjoy the car quite as much as you normally would. You think color doesnt matter (unless it 100% doesnt) but it will always nag you in the back of your head that you should have just waited for the color that really speaks to you.
Yes. But both HS and LBB are beautiful. I would have been happy with either.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 12:18 PM   #85
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Call Alexandria BMW in DC. I believe they have agreed to 11% off to several people for cars on the lot. They have something like 12 sitting on the lot right now.

I would figure out which of the 12 I wanted and make them an offer similar to 11% off.
Appreciate 1
243Racing1447.50
      02-21-2020, 12:31 PM   #86
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:

As robertm says, call BMW Alexandria...they have tons of cars and I negotiated a good 8-9% from them but never bought. What surprises me is the they are hardly moving them even with big discounts.

Should be a decent drive for you to get here
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 12:33 PM   #87
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Quote:

As robertm says, call BMW Alexandria...they have tons of cars and I negotiated a good 8-9% from them but never bought. What surprises me is the they are hardly moving them even with big discounts.

Should be a decent drive for you to get here
I looked at them. Unfortunately, their only manual cars are in SO. Which is actually not a bad color. But does change my choices.
      02-21-2020, 12:37 PM   #88
243Racing
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I looked at them. Unfortunately, their only manual cars are in SO. Which is actually not a bad color. But does change my choices.
Sunroofs too, that's what the kids call a "Fail"
Appreciate 0