BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > M2 allocation at ED MSRP and/or driving school spot @ European tracks

01-20-2016, 12:43 PM   #1
tubedreamer
Private
Rep
Drives: (Sold) 2008 SSII 6MT E90

M2 allocation at ED MSRP and/or driving school spot @ European tracks

Anyone interested in taking my allocation for an M2 at ED MSRP with the RSTouring/Bimmerpost group tour on 5/20/2016? My plans changed and I'm looking for someone to take my M2 allocation and RSTouring trip spot.

The tour runs 5/20-5/29 and includes two full days of track education at Zandvoort and Spa Francochamps, and VIP admission to the M-festival/24 hr of Nurburgring. See http://www.rstouring.com for details.

Trip cost is €4499 including 4 star hotels, meals, and track instruction. Reduced cost packages are also available.

This is a great opportunity to get one of the first M2s at a discounted, non-marked up price, along with driving several iconic tracks.

Please PM me to coordinate the transfer of my spot if interested or email the tour organizers saying you are taking my spot.

If you're already in Europe for some other reason, you can also join the tour or partial without necessarily purchasing a new car.

Edit: my spot is now taken but RStouring may have a limited number of allocations and spots left. Contact them if interested.

Last edited by tubedreamer; 01-26-2016 at 01:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2016, 08:45 AM   #2
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Great opportunity for someone here....
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2016, 09:22 AM   #3
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Great opportunity for someone here....
I'll 2nd that. I'm part of the trip and after viewing the itinerary, its an INSANE package of stuff for what you are paying.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2016, 02:20 PM   #4
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Is the dealer with your allocation in CA?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2016, 03:59 PM   #5
tubedreamer
Private
Rep

Thanks guys. Having the opportunity to drive some iconic tracks in Europe is really exciting but I need to answer to the boss at home =P. The M2 allocation is tied to the trip although you can still sign up for the tour with a different ED car. The allocation is not a CA dealer BTW.

Still available as of now although there are several people interested and thinking about it. PM me soon if you don't want to miss out!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 02:04 PM   #6
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

That's exactly why I did not sign up for the trip. I was seriously considering as I phoned in on the first 3 conference calls.

The trip does sound awesome, that is if you are single and going with a good buddy. My wife would not want to spend an entire trip focused on just cars, tracks, etc. Doing so many group activities takes away from the personal experience of travel and just going off on your own and exploring something new is what travel is about.

In my 2011 ED in my M3 my wife loved it and she never complained about going on the Nurburging, Porsche Museum, etc.

I just wish RS Touring had a mini trip for the married folks. Say 3 nights and than I can go off on my own after that.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 05:55 PM   #7
SGL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine M2

Garage List
2016 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
That's exactly why I did not sign up for the trip. I was seriously considering as I phoned in on the first 3 conference calls.

The trip does sound awesome, that is if you are single and going with a good buddy. My wife would not want to spend an entire trip focused on just cars, tracks, etc. Doing so many group activities takes away from the personal experience of travel and just going off on your own and exploring something new is what travel is about.

In my 2011 ED in my M3 my wife loved it and she never complained about going on the Nurburging, Porsche Museum, etc.

I just wish RS Touring had a mini trip for the married folks. Say 3 nights and than I can go off on my own after that.
I'm signed up for the RS Touring trip, and I'm going to be there for the delivery day, and then my girlfriend and I will be heading out on our own and head to Belgium and Paris for the French Open. Miguel has been super cool about everything and was fine with me wanting to do my own ED. My GF has never been to Europe and i don't think she would be up for a "Track trip" as well, but would love, and probably will do, another ED with the group because it looks great.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2016, 01:11 AM   #8
tubedreamer
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post

BTW RStouring is offering a shorter version of the trip at a discounted rate and other custom a la carte options. Say like 5 days, 1 track. Miguel sure is pouring a lot of time into this to make it flexible for people.

I found someone to take my spot but there may be a couple more cars/spots available. I think my wife and I would totally do it if we weren't total beginners at track driving. I'll probably do it once I stop clenching the steering wheel in white knuckled fear when driving on the track (literally... Not what you are supposed to do =P)
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2016, 04:54 AM   #9
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubedreamer View Post
BTW RStouring is offering a shorter version of the trip at a discounted rate and other custom a la carte options. Say like 5 days, 1 track. Miguel sure is pouring a lot of time into this to make it flexible for people.

I found someone to take my spot but there may be a couple more cars/spots available. I think my wife and I would totally do it if we weren't total beginners at track driving. I'll probably do it once I stop clenching the steering wheel in white knuckled fear when driving on the track (literally... Not what you are supposed to do =P)
I'm going with a buddy of mine and we opted to rent a track prepped e36 m3 for both tracks. I can't get on a track without really getting on a car and the M2 won't be quite broken in yet.
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2016, 09:10 AM   #10
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubedreamer View Post

If you have no/minimal track experience I would not go on tracks in Europe unless they are shut down completely for just the RStouring group. I took my F80 to the Ring and Spa during ED in Oct and open track days in Europe are a free for all. I'm a HPDE instructor that runs in open passing groups in the states and some stunts drivers pulled over there made me fairly nervous.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 09:33 AM   #11
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
If you have no/minimal track experience I would not go on tracks in Europe unless they are shut down completely for just the RStouring group. I took my F80 to the Ring and Spa during ED in Oct and open track days in Europe are a free for all. I'm a HPDE instructor that runs in open passing groups in the states and some stunts drivers pulled over there made me fairly nervous.
Yeah we have private sessions reserved for each track.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 09:45 AM   #12
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
Yeah we have private sessions reserved for each track.
That should be a lot safer especially if you follow standard US HPDE rules for passing.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 11:16 AM   #13
Oakleyguy
Resident Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: Land Cruiser

Garage List
2014 Toyota URJ200  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
2005 Toyota UZJ100  [0.00]
I recommend the trip for those who have the means!

I was on the first trip with the M3/4 deliveries in 2014. It was an amazing experience and my girlfriend (now wife) had a blast as well!
European Delivery Journal & F8X Door Rattle Fix
Machine Shop Directory - www.mfgcenter.com
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2016, 11:45 AM   #14
iamlong
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Sedan

How worried do I need to be about making sure the allocation is ready in time? MIguel says it's not a concern, but the OCD in me is thinking shit what if I show up with no car to pickup?

(I'm the guy that took this M2 spot )
Appreciate 2
      01-27-2016, 01:53 PM   #15
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlong View Post
How worried do I need to be about making sure the allocation is ready in time? MIguel says it's not a concern, but the OCD in me is thinking shit what if I show up with no car to pickup?

(I'm the guy that took this M2 spot )
Miguel was able to get ALL the F80/F82 allocations on time last year and that timeline was MUCH tighter so I wouldn't worry.
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2016, 09:15 PM   #16
iamlong
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
Miguel was able to get ALL the F80/F82 allocations on time last year and that timeline was MUCH tighter so I wouldn't worry.
Thanks, that makes me feel a lot better! It's not like F80 allocations were plentiful last year either.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 12:50 PM   #17
iamlong
Enlisted Member
Rep

Any tour participants order their car yet?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 01:45 PM   #18
SGL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine M2

Garage List
2016 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
I've sent over copies of my license and insurance, got pricing, and talked about how I am paying but nothing else.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 08:04 PM   #19
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottGregory
Quote:
I've sent over copies of my license and insurance, got pricing, and talked about how I am paying but nothing else.
Same here
Appreciate 0