Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrocks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelczyk7 View Post
i dont think it adds much more as far as pops and crackles .. just much improved sound, In addition you can manage by going the different modes as efficient / sport is noticeably different than sports plus
There are TONS of pops and burbles. Every time you take your foot off the throttle.
Keep the feedback coming guys, I appreciate it.

And from what I understand, stock diaper M2 CS has zero pops and burbles?

I'm ok either way, just thought the MPE on my 340i had ricer-level pops and burbles compared to the stock F80 M3 ZCP.

If the stock M2 CS exhaust didn't hang so obviously low I wouldn't even consider the MPE. But yeah better sound and nicer to look at is weighing on me.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 10:31 PM   #112
pawelczyk7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw m2 comp 6spd

Fair enough as it’s been a while since I had the stick exhaust. But don’t you agree it is much less when not in sports plus? So you would have the ability to modulate to some degree..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 10:40 PM   #113
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
You're not getting 39 additional HP by putting an M2cs muffler on a M2c. Its all tuning.
No rocket science here or engineers in white coats peeking days on end with a frown through microscopes at complex structures:
  • M2C = engine restricted/detuned (or as the Germans say: "gedrosselt");
  • M2 CS = engine unrestricted.
      01-25-2021, 10:45 PM   #114
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [0.00]
2022 BMW iX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoM3 View Post

I'm ok either way, just thought the MPE on my 340i had ricer-level pops and burbles compared to the stock F80 M3 ZCP.

If the stock M2 CS exhaust didn't hang so obviously low I wouldn't even consider the MPE. But yeah better sound and nicer to look at is weighing on me.
I feel like the cleaner look, plus the part that hangs down with "m performance" etched on it really adds a nice touch to the ultimate M2. Should have been on the car from the factory, but i guess would only have been certfied in North America.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 10:49 PM   #115
f80_MG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 ZCP MPE `17

Quote:

Tons of pops and burbles in the ZCP MPE (only in sport and sport plus), almost non existent in comfort
Also a major improvement in sound after the Nov/Dec 2020 update - changed ASD levels, lesser pops/crackle, and deeper burble. Basically less obnoxious in all modes.

On the ZCP, the MPE sound was also different if I selected the CS map when coding. So maybe there is an additional inherent difference in the CS sound in the F87 too.

Would you like any additional confusing/unhelpful information?
Appreciate 3
Jimjamz4565.00
ScullyD5160.50
MomoM3984.00
      01-25-2021, 11:15 PM   #116
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [0.00]
2022 BMW iX  [0.00]
South Africa based car on Instagram also with the MPE.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
MomoM3984.00
      01-26-2021, 06:47 AM   #117
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Damn you guys are killing me.

My car is 4 days away from arriving to the port and I thought I was done.

Biggest reason I want the MPE is to get rid of the diaper look of the stock exhaust plus the polished muffler wraps it up nicely.

I had stainless steel MPE on a 340i and it had annoyingly more pops and burbles than my stock ZCP F80 which I thought sounded fine.

Will the polished titanium stay polished over time?

Does the MPE add a crap ton more pops and burbles?

Dang.... $6310... would only consider it for port install while I can.
Have you looking into aftermarket options? There are a bunch of nice exhausts out there for $3-4k that look and sound better. I'll tell you, there is no magic sauce in the MPE. Is it a nice one for sure, but its literally an axle back for $6k. In terms of sound, there are far better sounding exhausts on the market because aftermarket companies have the option of removing the secondary cats with a midpipe. OEM can not due to emissions laws.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 09:19 AM   #118
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

I have the MPE on my M2comp with about 6k miles on the car. The difference between my car and a stock exhaust is huge. In efficient mode, the exhaust is just a little louder than stock but not much and there are almost no pops or burbles. In sport mode it's absolutely louder with some cool pops and gurgles when you let off the gas and braps when you shift. In sport + I don't know if it's any louder but the off throttle pops and gurgles and the on throttle shift braps are absolutely way more dramatic than sport.

For me, I drive in the neighborhood in efficient mode. Everywhere else in sport. When I really want to get on it or basically show off/act the fool I put it into sport +. The sounds emanating in sport + are borderline comical and you can't help but laugh.

One other thing, once you get the MPE exhaust you can turn off the fake interior engine sound. You don't need it anymore.

If you have the means and the desire this is the only exhaust I would get for the CS. It's OEM BMW quality, warranty and pedigree. All of that likely matters to most CS owners.
Appreciate 4
f80_MG562.50
MomoM3984.00
Jimjamz4565.00
Hedoniste3820.50
      01-26-2021, 09:28 AM   #119
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

I've been enjoying the lack of pops and burbles on the stock exhaust. I'd look for an exhaust that minimized these.
Appreciate 2
kyrocks1070.50
2taCoS279.00
      01-26-2021, 09:29 AM   #120
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Here are a few images. You know you love it
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
kyrocks1070.50
MomoM3984.00
Jimjamz4565.00
Hedoniste3820.50
      01-26-2021, 09:37 AM   #121
f80_MG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Have you looking into aftermarket options? There are a bunch of nice exhausts out there for $3-4k that look and sound better. I'll tell you, there is no magic sauce in the MPE. Is it a nice one for sure, but its literally an axle back for $6k. In terms of sound, there are far better sounding exhausts on the market because aftermarket companies have the option of removing the secondary cats with a midpipe. OEM can not due to emissions laws.
Incorrect sir, the MPE is neither an axle back nor catback. It also replaces a portion of the midpipe and H pipe but retains the sec cats (important in every state where you have to get emissions testing regularly)
If you want to use it as an axleback, there are very limited options on what midpipe you can use (Fabspeed comes to mind)

Arguing about which exhaust is better or has a 'magic sauce' is quite possibly as pointless as discussing which is the best color. It's extremely subjective and a personal choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertm View Post
I have the MPE on my M2comp with about 6k miles on the car. The difference between my car and a stock exhaust is huge. In efficient mode, the exhaust is just a little louder than stock but not much and there are almost no pops or burbles. In sport mode it's absolutely louder with some cool pops and gurgles when you let off the gas and braps when you shift. In sport + I don't know if it's any louder but the off throttle pops and gurgles and the on throttle shift braps are absolutely way more dramatic than sport.

For me, I drive in the neighborhood in efficient mode. Everywhere else in sport. When I really want to get on it or basically show off/act the fool I put it into sport +. The sounds emanating in sport + are borderline comical and you can't help but laugh.

One other thing, once you get the MPE exhaust you can turn off the fake interior engine sound. You don't need it anymore.

If you have the means and the desire this is the only exhaust I would get for the CS. It's OEM BMW quality, warranty and pedigree. All of that likely matters to most CS owners.
Couldn't have described it better.
Those moments when you feel like actin' a fool, the MPE really delivers!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 09:55 AM   #122
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by f80_MG View Post
Incorrect sir, the MPE is neither an axle back nor catback. It also replaces a portion of the midpipe and H pipe but retains the sec cats (important in every state where you have to get emissions testing regularly)
If you want to use it as an axleback, there are very limited options on what midpipe you can use (Fabspeed comes to mind)

Arguing about which exhaust is better or has a 'magic sauce' is quite possibly as pointless as discussing which is the best color. It's extremely subjective and a personal choice.
Who's arguing? I understand why people would want it... its OEM, it looks and sounds good. But it is also $6k and the man said his main motivation was to get rid of the stock muffler hanging below the car like a diaper. I'm pointing out there are other high end exhausts for much less that can meet his needs. And since they are bolt on, there is nothing irreversible if the CS becomes some kind collectible if that is his concern.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 11:41 AM   #123
pawelczyk7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw m2 comp 6spd

to help with the cost of the MPE, i paid the $4500 for the exhaust on opted to not to pay the $1500 + for the tips. instead went aftermarket there for $350 ( have the m logo on them from Monaco Motorsports so all in $4800 for entire exhaust with tips.....
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 02:30 PM   #124
j23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Isn't the MPE exhaust made in China? - I read somewhere that it was.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 05:40 PM   #125
BishUK
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 DCT LBB

Will the MPE work on EU/UK cars with the OPF's?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 06:18 PM   #126
f80_MG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishUK View Post
Will the MPE work on EU/UK cars with the OPF's?

I don't think it's sold in the EU anymore,but you could always order using a US VIN. The part will still work just won't be emissions legal.
Disclaimer - I have no clue how emissions testing works where you live i.e.is it a one time thing or do you have to recertify?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 06:48 PM   #127
2020M2Competition
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
It also replaces a portion of the midpipe and H pipe but retains the sec cats (important in every state where you have to get emissions testing regularly)
Not so with the M2C/CS MPE

You're confusing it with the MPE for the M3/4 which (like you said) does replace a portion of the midpipe and the center muffler with an H pipe
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 06:50 PM   #128
f80_MG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020M2Competition View Post
Not so with the M2C/CS MPE

You're confusing it with the MPE for the M3/4 which (like you said) does replace a portion of the midpipe and the center muffler with an H pipe
Oh very cool, good to know. Thank you.

EDIT: On a related note, do you happen to know why the midpipe section is different on the S55 b/w the M2 Comp and M3?

Last edited by f80_MG; 01-26-2021 at 06:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 06:51 PM   #129
2020M2Competition
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by j23 View Post
Isn't the MPE exhaust made in China? - I read somewhere that it was.
I think the MPEs for the M3/4 were made by Eberspächer Prototechnik

I suspect the same is true for the M2C/CS MPE
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 10:14 PM   #130
2020M2Competition
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Oh very cool, good to know. Thank you.

EDIT: On a related note, do you happen to know why the midpipe section is different on the S55 b/w the M2 Comp and M3?
Apart from the differences in chassis, wheelbase, packaging, etc., the main reason was due to more stringent worldwide noise/emissions regulations
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 12:46 AM   #131
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine* View Post
I like to leave it stock, balls and all.
^^^^ I not only love your choice of what you'll be doing with keeping things stock, I love even more your way of conveying that message.

Davil6485.50
CarJunkie2616.50
      01-27-2021, 01:08 AM   #132
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Quote:
Quote:

Who's arguing? I understand why people would want it... its OEM, it looks and sounds good. But it is also $6k and the man said his main motivation was to get rid of the stock muffler hanging below the car like a diaper. I'm pointing out there are other high end exhausts for much less that can meet his needs. And since they are bolt on, there is nothing irreversible if the CS becomes some kind collectible if that is his concern.
I should have clarified that I would only consider OEM. Understood that there are other options out there but having a factory warranty if port installed makes the MPE appealing.

Now, what concerns me is that the way everyone is describing this M2 CS titanium MPE makes it sound a lot like the the 340i stainless steel MPE I had back in 2016. It looked great but man was it snap crackle pop loud as heck in Sport or Sport +. It was quite obnoxious most times but of course it was great in small doses.
Appreciate 1
Wah2778.50