ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [10.00]
2022 BMW iX  [10.00]
Just wanted to pick this thread back up. My dealer's parts department says the M2C MPE is registered as not compatible with the M2 CS.

Is the MPE that everyone had installed just the MPE thats on an M2C and this fact is just a technicality? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 10:50 AM   #156
ZL9M2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 ZL9-'20 M2CS-'68 1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
Just wanted to pick this thread back up. My dealer's parts department says the M2C MPE is registered as not compatible with the M2 CS.

Is the MPE that everyone had installed just the MPE thats on an M2C and this fact is just a technicality? Thanks!
Correct. I have the MPE on my '17 and on my CS. I can check the part # on my receipt if that helps, but I went through this with my parts dept; it's the same system; and it's awesome.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 11:35 AM   #157
michaeldorian
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:

Yup. Exactly the same. Same goes for Akra. Not OEM compatible because you have to cut the stock exhaust.
      03-01-2022, 12:01 PM   #158
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldorian View Post
Quote:

Yup. Exactly the same. Same goes for Akra. Not OEM compatible because you have to cut the stock exhaust.
Is there an option for tips other than the $1400 CF tips? I'd be fine with a polished or black set for a couple hundred.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 02:46 PM   #159
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldorian View Post
Quote:

There is a way around this with the Akra - albeit a more expensive option. I removed my OEM exhaust and OEM midpipe intact and replaced them with an Akra cat-back and a new OEM midpipe. If I ever want to part out (only if I am selling the car and that's not planned) I can part back the OEM exhaust and midpipe uncut, unused and intact.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 04:54 PM   #160
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjamz View Post
There is a way around this with the Akra - albeit a more expensive option. I removed my OEM exhaust and OEM midpipe intact and replaced them with an Akra cat-back and a new OEM midpipe. If I ever want to part out (only if I am selling the car and that's not planned) I can part back the OEM exhaust and midpipe uncut, unused and intact.
Smart move. There are no new single piece exhaust systems for the M2CS. That part will be a unicorn one day.
Appreciate 0