BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > New BM3 OTS Maps

07-06-2021, 08:32 PM   #67
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalAcacian View Post
This isn't necessarily related to this specific update, but I would really like to see some changes to initial throttle on Sport+.

At least on my DCT car, I essentially cannot drive off from a cold start in Sport+ with out a very strong jerking. Essentially, on very light throttle (just moving around a parking lots speeds/acceleration) the car will surge up and down in power so that a smooth takeoff at low speeds is nearly impossible.

Does anyone else experience this, or is it just an idiosyncrasy of my car?
It's the oem Sport+ throttle mapping, that first 10-30% of pedal travel is very sensitive. Even in a 6MT moving around in a carpark in Sport+ isn't as smooth as Comfor/Sport.
With my custom BM3 tune I've had the Sport+ throttle deleted & replaced with Sport as I use the Sport+/MDM mode on spirited country drives, car is so much better when you're going hard especially getting on power coming out of corners.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 01:17 PM   #68
gphung
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LBB - 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m View Post
Anyone notice that the comfort & sport throttle mappings on these OTS V5.9 tunes is different to stock (at least iStep F020-18-11-531 from December 2018)?

The throttle differences when switching between Comfort/Sport/Sport+ remind me of my car with the original July 17 LCI iStep, at steady low throttle positions there are very noticeable increases with each change from Comfort to Sport to Sport+.

I remember noticing a change when my iStep was updated December 18, at the same steady low throttle positions there is barely a change going from Comfort to Sport (no change up to I think 20% pedal position) but then a dramatic change going Sport to Sport+.

I've just done short drives on v5.9 Stage 2 91 & 93 & my stock tunes. With v5.9 Comfort feels just slightly more sluggish than stock while Sport is definitely more sensitive than the stock Sport.
Hey, have you ever figured this out? I'm on OTS 5.9 stage 2 91 and I've noticed the same sensation. Sport throttle seems way more sensitive than on OEM map in the low throttle positions, to the point where I'm actively trying to either stay under or above this sort of "crossover" or "threshold".

I think this only started happening when I transitioned to the CustomROM version of my 5.9 OTS map. I didn't realize this before I did that, and I was also on 5.9 at that time, too.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 10:57 PM   #69
gphung
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LBB - 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Just wanted to post an update to the above. I probably should've tried resetting adaptations, but was under the impression a fresh flash would also reset it. But anyway, I flashed back to my saved 5.9 without the CustomROM support and the super sensitive pedal at part throttle issue is gone. It may have also fixed through reset adaptations but decided I never use any of the CustomROM features anyway.
Appreciate 0