BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > New owners…how’s it going?

08-15-2021, 07:55 AM   #111
Uscray
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Garage List
I ordered mine directly from burger tuning and it fits with no drilling.

https://burgertuning.com/products/bm...06-mini-cooper
Appreciate 3
Foggins1334.50
mwh2009289.00
      08-15-2021, 04:45 PM   #112
Capt Canuck
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: EX. '21 BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwh2009 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Canuck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggins View Post
Quote:
Put the BMS clutch stop in yesterday and got a fair bit of driving in today.
Absolutely transforms the clutch interaction - cannot believe it's not the default config, all that extra wasted travel just gone.
Cannot imagine a better bang for the buck mod.
Totally agree. I've put it on my last 3 cars. Amazing transformation. Did you use all the discs?
Yes. Seeing as I felt it was waaaay too much travel, it seemed the way to go and it was.
2 might have been decent as well.
So on the ECS website, they say it doesn't fit F87 M2s. Is that incorrect? They're selling some adjustable stop that requires drilling out the OEM clutch stop mounting hole.

I'm not down for drilling into my car, and wanted to confirm that the old F80 style stop also fits our cars. Like the kind where you just pick the number of disks and pop it into the mounting hole? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-burger-m...BoCLT4QAvD_BwE
https://burgertuning.com/products/bm...06-mini-cooper
      08-16-2021, 05:26 PM   #113
Capt Canuck
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Forget the MSRP price, the insurance premium, MPGs, increased trackday costs, or any of the other 'sacrifices' for my M2C. Today saw my own personal threshold truly tested and raised:

Name:  M2CSac.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  171.8 KB

Yes. A suburban bus.
Dropped car off for PPF and ceramic and this was the only way home. Takes a 25min drive and stretches it into an 1.5hrs: fantastic.
I know you've been on the fence too Foggins but I ended up going with front bumper/arches/rockers/wing mirrors and will take my chances with the rest of the car.

And with 2.5 days of driving now with the clutch stop, it really has made everything around changing gears, so much better. I know some have been OK with it out of the gate (no pun intended) but anyone wanting to improve that interaction (or overall cockpit ergo) should give it a go!

Curb-buffer improving... no seriously, this is an improvement. Got it down from Fiat 500 to child on tricycle:
Name:  M2CCloser.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  386.7 KB

Last edited by Capt Canuck; 08-16-2021 at 05:33 PM..
Appreciate 5
Foggins1334.50
W///7494.00
.Slug447.00
(K)1278.00
      08-17-2021, 12:50 PM   #114
myb24
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

I also ended up getting PPF on basically everything but the roof, doors, and trunks. I plan to keep the car forever, so it was worth it to me. I've already scraped the bottom of the front lip and I don't see any trace of it. I totally didn't know BMW puts on factory PPF in front of the rear wheel and thought the dealer just forgot to remove it during PDI. It was already getting dirty on the edges and I knew I couldn't live with that so had it removed and did the entire rear area up to the roof rails.

Bump stop was also a must for me. Travel was way too long. Also coded out ASD and the pops and burbles. It is a lot quieter but feels more natural and mature.

Been only 200 miles but love the car so far! It's what everyone else loves about the car, can't really add anything new. The only really minor complaints for me is brake squeal and the seat belts being too far to pull down, haha.
Appreciate 5
Foggins1334.50
.Slug447.00
(K)1278.00
rns2947.50
      08-18-2021, 02:39 AM   #115
Mullins
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i EB

Quote:
Originally Posted by myb24 View Post
I also ended up getting PPF on basically everything but the roof, doors, and trunks. I plan to keep the car forever, so it was worth it to me. I've already scraped the bottom of the front lip and I don't see any trace of it. I totally didn't know BMW puts on factory PPF in front of the rear wheel and thought the dealer just forgot to remove it during PDI. It was already getting dirty on the edges and I knew I couldn't live with that so had it removed and did the entire rear area up to the roof rails.

Bump stop was also a must for me. Travel was way too long. Also coded out ASD and the pops and burbles. It is a lot quieter but feels more natural and mature.

Been only 200 miles but love the car so far! It's what everyone else loves about the car, can't really add anything new. The only really minor complaints for me is brake squeal and the seat belts being too far to pull down, haha.
Did you PPF up and over the full roof rail? If not, where did you stop? I'm thinking of doing the same, having it done tomorrow morning.
Appreciate 1
Foggins1334.50
      08-18-2021, 04:52 AM   #116
(K)
Captain
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT (R.I.P.)

To the rest of the 6MT owners, if you haven't already, the short shift kit will vastly improve your driving experience with the car.
Appreciate 3
Foggins1334.50
rns2947.50
      08-18-2021, 07:42 AM   #117
myb24
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullins View Post
Quote:

Did you PPF up and over the full roof rail? If not, where did you stop? I'm thinking of doing the same, having it done tomorrow morning.
Yup full roof rail. So basically did the A and C pillars and the roof rail where they meet. No PPF lines showing, all to the edges.
Appreciate 1
Foggins1334.50
      08-18-2021, 09:50 AM   #118
Mullins
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i EB

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yup full roof rail. So basically did the A and C pillars and the roof rail where they meet. No PPF lines showing, all to the edges.
Ah ok, that's probably the ideal solution. Will inquire about how much that will cost. My original idea was to stop at the top of the rear window, but having no lines would be ideal.
Appreciate 2
Foggins1334.50
myb24109.00
      08-18-2021, 11:26 AM   #119
myb24
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ah ok, that's probably the ideal solution. Will inquire about how much that will cost. My original idea was to stop at the top of the rear window, but having no lines would be ideal.
Yeah, my original plan was not to do the rear fender area at all, but after reading that it's a high impact area (I mean, even BMW puts their own PPF on that area), I decided to do it. I didn't want any lines showing, so the only way was to do that whole rear fender area plus the pillars/roof rails. Depends on how OCD you are. Your installer should give you some good solutions that fit your budget/needs.
Appreciate 1
Foggins1334.50
      08-18-2021, 11:39 AM   #120
rns294
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by (K) View Post
To the rest of the 6MT owners, if you haven't already, the short shift kit will vastly improve your driving experience with the car.
The autosolutions? I've been thinking about that already because I think the 1-2 and even 2-3 shift could be "tighter".
Appreciate 2
Foggins1334.50
(K)1278.00
      08-18-2021, 12:19 PM   #121
Henry428
Private
Rep
Drives: M2C

Love driving her, best car to drive I've ever owned. Can't wait to get the 1200 mile service done (at 800 in less than 2 weeks).

I'm new to BMW, so it might take get a little getting used to but I'm a little slow at finding reverse in my manual. doesn't feel natural.

Also, what exactly is going on under the glove department? Seems like just holes-is there a purpose? (see pic)
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Foggins1334.50
      08-18-2021, 12:30 PM   #122
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry428 View Post
Love driving her, best car to drive I've ever owned. Can't wait to get the 1200 mile service done (at 800 in less than 2 weeks).

I'm new to BMW, so it might take get a little getting used to but I'm a little slow at finding reverse in my manual. doesn't feel natural.

Also, what exactly is going on under the glove department? Seems like just holes-is there a purpose? (see pic)
That's heating and cooling for your feet from the HVAC system
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 2
Foggins1334.50
.Slug447.00
      08-18-2021, 03:31 PM   #123
(K)
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rns294 View Post
The autosolutions? I've been thinking about that already because I think the 1-2 and even 2-3 shift could be "tighter".
That's the one, there are a few different options out there but Ron's kit is especially great. It will definitely tighten up the shift action and genuinely *feels* great after it wears in a little.

For daily driving I would venture to say most would benefit from a 20%-25% reduction. Any more and the it will start to feel more like a switch than a lever. Kind of takes the fun out of the experience.
Appreciate 2
rns2947.50
Foggins1334.50
      08-19-2021, 02:40 PM   #124
Lokguru
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 X5M50i, M2C MT | '18 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by (K) View Post
That's the one, there are a few different options out there but Ron's kit is especially great. It will definitely tighten up the shift action and genuinely *feels* great after it wears in a little.

For daily driving I would venture to say most would benefit from a 20%-25% reduction. Any more and the it will start to feel more like a switch than a lever. Kind of takes the fun out of the experience.
For me, I would prefer it to be reduced to the level where the silver ring under the shift lever top knob is. What will this be ? more like 25% or even higher?
Appreciate 1
Foggins1334.50
      08-19-2021, 02:43 PM   #125
Henry428
Private
Rep

I've been surprised by the attention it gets. Lots of Tesla's and BMWs where I live so I thought it'd just blend in and for most people, I think it does but I walked out of Whole Foods today to find a guy admiring it, taking photos and asking about the color and a Porsche driver asking me about it yesterday. Wife loves the Hockenheim Silver.
Appreciate 2
Foggins1334.50
      08-19-2021, 04:15 PM   #126
(K)
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokguru View Post
For me, I would prefer it to be reduced to the level where the silver ring under the shift lever top knob is. What will this be ? more like 25% or even higher?
Another great thing about Ron's kit is that it's custom made to order. I believe you're referring to the shifter height but you can specify the throw reduction as well as the lever height independently with Ron. In my case I went with a 22.5% THROW reduction but stock shifter height.

If you plan on using the stock shift knob you can take a measurement how it currently sits and reduce the height based off of that to your liking. Then you may need to take a guess on how much throw reduction you want; again I recommend somewhere between 20%-25%. Maybe even up to 30% depending on your tolerance level for shift effort and "feel" between shifts.
Appreciate 2
Foggins1334.50
Lokguru321.50
      08-19-2021, 11:06 PM   #127
Capt Canuck
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Got the car back from having Xpel PPF and Xpel Plus applied.
Went front, arches, rockers and am pleased with it. They did a great job on the front and having a much larger (and better quality) piece on the rear arches was the most important part for me.

I told the guys, now that it's all clean and shiny I don't want to drive it anywhere

Name:  M2C_ML.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  383.6 KB
Foggins1334.50
(K)1278.00
Davil6524.50
myb24109.00
contented193.50
MmmmmM22588.50
rdriggett129.00
      08-20-2021, 05:23 AM   #128
Foggins
Restless
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Got the car back from having Xpel PPF and Xpel Plus applied.
Went front, arches, rockers and am pleased with it. They did a great job on the front and having a much larger (and better quality) piece on the rear arches was the most important part for me.

I told the guys, now that it's all clean and shiny I don't want to drive it anywhere

Attachment 2676501
Wow, that looks stunning!! That colour is def growing on me.
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2021, 06:28 AM   #129
veenut28
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2, 6MT

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 Competi ...  [10.00]
  [0.00]
Since a few have mentioned the exhaust on this thread...

I've had my M2C for over 2 years and 25k miles. Although I've toyed with aftermarket exhaust options, I've chosen to keep it stock.

I think the sweet spot is turning off ASD via Bimmercode and turning off Sound Tuning (burbles) via Bimmerlink.

Without the burbles, the induction noise is much clearer and I think it sounds pretty good actually. I keep it in Efficient for 1 min after cold start and then am in Sport Plus 100% of the time after that. Don't mind driving around town at low speeds now that the exhaust doesn't sound like it's backfiring the entire time.

Try it out!
Appreciate 3
Foggins1334.50
myb24109.00
      08-20-2021, 08:22 AM   #130
myb24
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by veenut28 View Post
Since a few have mentioned the exhaust on this thread...

I've had my M2C for over 2 years and 25k miles. Although I've toyed with aftermarket exhaust options, I've chosen to keep it stock.

I think the sweet spot is turning off ASD via Bimmercode and turning off Sound Tuning (burbles) via Bimmerlink.

Without the burbles, the induction noise is much clearer and I think it sounds pretty good actually. I keep it in Efficient for 1 min after cold start and then am in Sport Plus 100% of the time after that. Don't mind driving around town at low speeds now that the exhaust doesn't sound like it's backfiring the entire time.

Try it out!
This is exactly what I did/do. Coded out ASD and burbles, keep it in Efficient until it warms up a little, and then switch to Sport Plus and Comfort steering rest of the time. I like my cars natural and in one setting the whole time like the old days.
Appreciate 1
Foggins1334.50
      08-20-2021, 08:41 AM   #131
contented
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C DCT, 2022 Ford Bronco

During a recent trip to Performance Center for M School and additional zooming around in NC, I was pleased to get two thumbs up and three nice car comments in the space of a week. Always brings a smile. Even my wife likes it when that happens. I love this car.
Appreciate 2
Foggins1334.50
      08-20-2021, 08:42 AM   #132
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Ever since I got home with the car on Saturday, I've driven the M2 every single day (that's over 3 other M's sitting in the garage). Truly special car, and I don't think it's just a honeymoon period. Car desperately needs a wash after being driven over 1k miles in all sorts of weather, but I'm smiling ear to ear:
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 4
happyjack1657.00
Foggins1334.50
MmmmmM22588.50