BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > ISTA+ Download Links?

04-05-2023, 12:01 PM   #1
DadVibes
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 CS

Garage List
ISTA+ Download Links?

EDIT: Nevermind. I was able to get it sorted with the E-Net cable and BM3.

I'm trying to install ISTA+ so I can check my DME btld version to determine next required steps for tune flashing. However, in all my Googling, I'm finding it impossible to locate actual working download links.

What's the best way to get a download link for install these days? I already have an E-net cable. Just need the software.

Alternatively, is there a way to see the DME btld version using Bimmerlink or Bimmercode? I have the OBDLink MX+ adapter and have both those apps working successfully for basic feature coding. But I was unable to locate where this information may be reported with either of those apps.

Last edited by DadVibes; 04-05-2023 at 03:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2023, 05:22 PM   #2
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

There's a way to check the integration level and thus the DME version with a USB stick in the armrest and saving car thr settings to it then reading the .txt file on a pc.

Thread on here somewhere,

But looks like you sorted it anyway...
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2023, 05:26 PM   #3
DadVibes
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
There's a way to check the integration level and thus the DME version with a USB stick in the armrest and saving car thr settings to it then reading the .txt file on a pc.

Thanks! Yeah, I already had an E-Net cable and learned that I could plug the laptop in and let BM3 do it's initial connection/boot to provide the DME version and read out what unlock method is required.
      09-20-2023, 11:53 PM   #4
MSH_
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post

Does anyone know if this armrest/USB technique also provides the DME btld version or if bimmercode, bimmerlink or OBDLink CX can pull it?
I don't have BM3 and trying to figure out an alternative way to pull this data from the DME

Edit - found out none of these will work after emailing bimmercode and OBDlink tech support. I'm going to download E-Sys instead and go that route.

Last edited by MSH_; 09-22-2023 at 11:45 AM..
Appreciate 0