BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > DYN-O-MITE Time !

02-06-2017, 01:10 PM   #23
ashburyn54
Captain
Rep
Drives: f87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbavar2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashburyn54 View Post
I haven't heard if it does or doesn't. If they copied the factory flow it won't. The BMS I take flows a lot more so it causes little hiccups like that. I just like that it wasn't a factory clone.

Actually the DME BT and ECU psi aren't as far off as I thought. JB4 is probably just learning.

The factory DME targets up to 14-15.5psi I believe. Hangs in the 11-12 range most of the time
Thanks! What's the benefit of not having the factory flow? Are you aware of any other intakes that are similar to BMS?

Also, how's the induction sound with the burger unit? Thanks!
The sound is amazing but people without JB4 or a tune to change the flow numbers see issues with random Intake codes and idle issues.

So I can't recommend that for a stock car.

But more flow is more flow, more air/less restriction and a tune to take advantage means more power. Especially when your running high boost or something like a Pure stage 2 turbo or equivalent. Stock boost gains are minimal but the sound is amazing
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 01:52 PM   #24
NO_USER_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
The sound is amazing but people without JB4 or a tune to change the flow numbers see issues with random Intake codes and idle issues.

But more flow is more flow, more air/less restriction and a tune to take advantage means more power. Especially when your running high boost or something like a Pure stage 2 turbo or equivalent. Stock boost gains are minimal but the sound is amazing
Awesome! I've noticed that the filter is exposed without a heat shield/box, no issues? Still sucking in cool air?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 08:50 AM   #25
ashburyn54
Captain
Rep
Drives: f87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbavar2 View Post
Quote:

Awesome! I've noticed that the filter is exposed without a heat shield/box, no issues? Still sucking in cool air?
This is a hot button topic for most. For the BMS Intake the original bottom half of the Intake remains. So you do have that stock flow to the bottom of filter element. Back in my N54 days a true cold air Intake and the open filters were tested. Very small differences. The extra flow is worth it.

The best thing you can do for IAT's is an upgraded intercooler, or water injection. combined with the flow of an Intake it will provide a nice bump.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 11:41 AM   #26
NO_USER_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
This is a hot button topic for most. For the BMS Intake the original bottom half of the Intake remains. So you do have that stock flow to the bottom of filter element. Back in my N54 days a true cold air Intake and the open filters were tested. Very small differences. The extra flow is worth it.

The best thing you can do for IAT's is an upgraded intercooler, or water injection. combined with the flow of an Intake it will provide a nice bump.
Ahhh ok! Cool thanks!!
Appreciate 0