BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Current Pricing Survey

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-06-2019, 07:47 AM   #1
thedge9
Private
thedge9's Avatar
10
Rep
78
Posts

Drives: 2013 E92 M3 MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fountian Hills, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
Current Pricing Survey

Im looking to purchase next year for ED and hoping to get an idea what kind of pricing others have been able to get in the last 6 months or so. Please let me know if you have seen MRSP or even discounted pricing.

And if someone knows of a good ED specialist who has aggressive pricing I would love to hear it.

It looks like its MRSP in my area, so hopefully no dealer markup's.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 11:36 AM   #2
mrdstr
New Member
2
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: 2012 X5d
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oregon

iTrader: (0)

Costco had the M2 Comp at $1050 over invoice or about $3k under msrp last month. Not sure if they still do. Check that program if you are a costco member and see if you can use it as leverage on price negotiation.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 02:00 PM   #3
arciga18
Colonel
arciga18's Avatar
805
Rep
2,124
Posts

Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (2)

The discounts are there already. Next year ED the market should be even softer for the m2 comp.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 03:12 PM   #4
ASAP
Bavarian Motor Works
ASAP's Avatar
No_Country
2485
Rep
4,320
Posts

Drives: Walking Everywhere
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

There are so many cars in inventory locally to me; one dealer has 9... that I have no idea how anyone could pay more than $3k off.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 03:49 PM   #5
thedge9
Private
thedge9's Avatar
10
Rep
78
Posts

Drives: 2013 E92 M3 MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fountian Hills, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
I am guessing it is not something you can do through Costco if you're going to do ED?

It sounds like the discounts are around 3K?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 06:05 AM   #6
thedge9
Private
thedge9's Avatar
10
Rep
78
Posts

Drives: 2013 E92 M3 MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fountian Hills, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
Additionally, I am assuming that 3K does not include the ED discount?

So 3K plus the 2800 for the ED.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 10:19 AM   #7
Thescout13
Brigadier General
Thescout13's Avatar
United_States
2500
Rep
3,722
Posts

Drives: '18 F80 M3, '20 F87 M2C
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedge9 View Post
Additionally, I am assuming that 3K does not include the ED discount?

So 3K plus the 2800 for the ED.
You cannot combine Costco with ED. There are a few dealers out there that will do ED MSRP instead of US MSRP for ED. The reason they may be hard to find is because it cuts into their allocation. The "deals" we are starting to see off of US MSRP are for those dealers that have a decent amount of inventory/on the lot that built up after during the stop sale, and those tend to be mostly DCTs.
__________________
Wife's Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Upcoming ED: 2020 F87 M2C, LBB, ZEC, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 12:23 PM   #8
GrahamSP
Second Lieutenant
GrahamSP's Avatar
127
Rep
233
Posts

Drives: '16 F80 SO/SO - 6/9/16 ED
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (1)

I think the deals are out there, just have to find the right dealer. For example, I made my deal on a 2016 F80 back in December of 2015. At that time, the F80 was still in high demand, but I was doing ED and Performance Center re-delivery, so I wasn't locked down to a dealer or region. Long story short, I sent about 10 emails out and found a dealer that agreed to make the deal at $750 over ED Invoice. Then when June 2016 came along, there was an additional $500 May credit, so my final deal was $250 over ED Invoice, out the door.

I plan on trying the same strategy for a 2020 M2C, Euro Delivery June/July 2020. Start aggressive, nationwide.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 12:38 PM   #9
TemjinX2
Major
431
Rep
1,303
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW M2
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ABQ,NM

iTrader: (0)

if your buying new...i would wait till nov...the auto industry took a huge hit last month and BMW was barely a few pts over last yrs sales.. you might see more incentives or higher residuals for nov.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 05:44 AM   #10
thedge9
Private
thedge9's Avatar
10
Rep
78
Posts

Drives: 2013 E92 M3 MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fountian Hills, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamSP View Post
I think the deals are out there, just have to find the right dealer. For example, I made my deal on a 2016 F80 back in December of 2015. At that time, the F80 was still in high demand, but I was doing ED and Performance Center re-delivery, so I wasn't locked down to a dealer or region. Long story short, I sent about 10 emails out and found a dealer that agreed to make the deal at $750 over ED Invoice. Then when June 2016 came along, there was an additional $500 May credit, so my final deal was $250 over ED Invoice, out the door.

I plan on trying the same strategy for a 2020 M2C, Euro Delivery June/July 2020. Start aggressive, nationwide.
Great Deal!

For my last ED there was an online ED pricing calculator that no longer exists. Where is the best place to find out pricing such as the ED invoice?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 05:48 AM   #11
thedge9
Private
thedge9's Avatar
10
Rep
78
Posts

Drives: 2013 E92 M3 MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fountian Hills, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinX2 View Post
if your buying new...i would wait till nov...the auto industry took a huge hit last month and BMW was barely a few pts over last yrs sales.. you might see more incentives or higher residuals for nov.
Fair point, Im hoping the same.

What is the minimum time to order if looking for a end of may ED pickup?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 08:30 AM   #12
somberlaine
Private First Class
United_States
76
Rep
127
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C (ED 6/6/19)
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: NOVA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedge9 View Post
Fair point, Im hoping the same.

What is the minimum time to order if looking for a end of may ED pickup?
if you are targeting a late May 2020 ED pickup, you probably have till March to place the order.

I placed my order third week of March 2019 for a June 6 ED.
Appreciate 1
TemjinX2431.00

      10-08-2019, 04:38 PM   #13
SEAT TIME RULES
HAZMAT
SEAT TIME RULES's Avatar
125
Rep
198
Posts

Drives: 20 BMW M2C 17 Mazda MX-5 RF
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedge9 View Post
Great Deal!

For my last ED there was an online ED pricing calculator that no longer exists. Where is the best place to find out pricing such as the ED invoice?
2020 Base Price Euro Delivery / Munich Pick up is $55955 vs base US Port of entry $58900.

That $2945 + the $995 destination= $3940 savings.

HTH,
HAZMAT
__________________
2005-2006 BMWCCA Boston Chapter president
2004 Mazda Rev It Up Finalist
2002-Present HPDE Instructor
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 07:06 AM   #14
GrahamSP
Second Lieutenant
GrahamSP's Avatar
127
Rep
233
Posts

Drives: '16 F80 SO/SO - 6/9/16 ED
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by somberlaine View Post
if you are targeting a late May 2020 ED pickup, you probably have till March to place the order.

I placed my order third week of March 2019 for a June 6 ED.
I agree, I made my deal in December 2015, got the allocation in February 2016, for a June 2016 ED. It's about 3-4 months.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 07:09 AM   #15
GrahamSP
Second Lieutenant
GrahamSP's Avatar
127
Rep
233
Posts

Drives: '16 F80 SO/SO - 6/9/16 ED
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAT TIME RULES View Post
2020 Base Price Euro Delivery / Munich Pick up is $55955 vs base US Port of entry $58900.

That $2945 + the $995 destination= $3940 savings.

HTH,
HAZMAT
That's ED MSRP discount. You can still get an MSRP to Invoice discount. I don't think BMW publishes the Invoice price sheet anymore, at least not on the forums. The invoice is about 5-7% off the MSRP. I always use Invoice and come up, rather than MSRP and come down.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 10:06 AM   #16
SEAT TIME RULES
HAZMAT
SEAT TIME RULES's Avatar
125
Rep
198
Posts

Drives: 20 BMW M2C 17 Mazda MX-5 RF
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamSP View Post
That's ED MSRP discount. You can still get an MSRP to Invoice discount. I don't think BMW publishes the Invoice price sheet anymore, at least not on the forums. The invoice is about 5-7% off the MSRP. I always use Invoice and come up, rather than MSRP and come down.
Its 6% BTW.
__________________
2005-2006 BMWCCA Boston Chapter president
2004 Mazda Rev It Up Finalist
2002-Present HPDE Instructor
Appreciate 1
GrahamSP126.50

      10-13-2019, 09:54 PM   #17
happydanny3
Private First Class
27
Rep
119
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: GA

iTrader: (0)

Contact my SA. He'll get you under invoice.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 10:38 AM   #18
ROASTM
New Member
United_States
3
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: 2006 BMW M3; 2020 BMW M2C
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: St. Louis

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAT TIME RULES View Post
2020 Base Price Euro Delivery / Munich Pick up is $55955 vs base US Port of entry $58900.

That $2945 + the $995 destination= $3940 savings.

HTH,
HAZMAT
This is the base ED price mine started with, prior to adding exec package and LBB paint. However, I was also charged the $995 destination fee...
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 07:59 AM   #19
GrahamSP
Second Lieutenant
GrahamSP's Avatar
127
Rep
233
Posts

Drives: '16 F80 SO/SO - 6/9/16 ED
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydanny3 View Post
Contact my SA. He'll get you under invoice.
Can you PM me his contact info?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 08:33 AM   #20
happydanny3
Private First Class
27
Rep
119
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamSP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by happydanny3 View Post
Contact my SA. He'll get you under invoice.
Can you PM me his contact info?
PMed you
Appreciate 1
GrahamSP126.50

      Yesterday, 08:06 PM   #21
FreudeamFahren18
Private
FreudeamFahren18's Avatar
36
Rep
66
Posts

Drives: 2018 F80
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedge9 View Post
I am guessing it is not something you can do through Costco if you're going to do ED?

It sounds like the discounts are around 3K?
Yes you can get the Costco discount on top of the ED price. I got this discount and the only reason I didn't buy was coz I had to cancel my ED order due to other circumstances
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:09 PM   #22
FreudeamFahren18
Private
FreudeamFahren18's Avatar
36
Rep
66
Posts

Drives: 2018 F80
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedge9 View Post
Additionally, I am assuming that 3K does not include the ED discount?

So 3K plus the 2800 for the ED.
You cannot combine Costco with ED. There are a few dealers out there that will do ED MSRP instead of US MSRP for ED. The reason they may be hard to find is because it cuts into their allocation. The "deals" we are starting to see off of US MSRP are for those dealers that have a decent amount of inventory/on the lot that built up after during the stop sale, and those tend to be mostly DCTs.
Yes you can combine Costco and ED discount. I did. Depends on your dealer. One dealer told me no I couldn't combine them so I went with another dealer who was happy to include both
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 PM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST