M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > Track Newbie

04-21-2022, 05:25 AM   #67
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooM2 View Post
I just did brake fluid (castrol srf, which maybe overkill since expensive but we are talking $80), since I was doing that I also did SS brake lines. Car performed very well, never felt like I needed more brakes on the stock pads but my instructor did say he could feel the brakes getting grabby? I think that is how he put it. Next day I was freaking exhausted, I am out of shape thats for sure. But since a few days after all I can think about is going back, its such a good time, not surprised people get addicted.

I also want to say that everyone was so nice and welcoming, no egos, a ton of cool cars to see, really a great day
Ha welcome to the addiction!

My first track day I was very surprised how physical it was. The next day I was even more surprised with how freaking sore I was... Now I cringe when I know I'm going to track a car with 3pts and an oem (or close) seat - just beats the crap out of you.
Appreciate 2
MooMooM21817.50
FancyBear109.00
      04-21-2022, 05:37 PM   #68
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvas View Post
Dude!

Glad you enjoyed the event!

I had a blast, one of the best days I have had in a while, perfect start of spring.

Thank you for everything dude, could have not asked for a better person!

I am sure I will see you at limerock again!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2022, 07:07 AM   #69
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Track day number 2 yesterday and it was fantastic. The day was just beautiful and for some reason everything clicked yesterday and was really feeling it. Made good progress and got way faster. Still working on some things but really happy with the progress.

I also almost ran out of gas lol. Last time I went I guess I took it easy because I still had half a tank at the end of the day, well this time on my 3rd session, about half way I look down and it says I have 20 miles left of gas lol so I had to call the session short and go tank. To be fair the sessions ran really long, at least thats how I felt, 25 minutes but they felt more like 30 at least, it was excellent.

I have to say, the thing that I feel like the car needs an upgrade the most is the seat. I am a big guy and the damn m2c seat just does not hold me well, I am all over the place. Not an upgrade that will happen anytime soon but I feel like my skill level is still very low for the brake pads and even suspension but I am just not a fan of the seats (specially after driving a m3 with the carbon buckets last year, the difference is very noticeable)
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2022, 09:00 AM   #70
Anonymoose
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooM2 View Post
Track day number 2 yesterday and it was fantastic. The day was just beautiful and for some reason everything clicked yesterday and was really feeling it. Made good progress and got way faster. Still working on some things but really happy with the progress.

I also almost ran out of gas lol. Last time I went I guess I took it easy because I still had half a tank at the end of the day, well this time on my 3rd session, about half way I look down and it says I have 20 miles left of gas lol so I had to call the session short and go tank. To be fair the sessions ran really long, at least thats how I felt, 25 minutes but they felt more like 30 at least, it was excellent.

I have to say, the thing that I feel like the car needs an upgrade the most is the seat. I am a big guy and the damn m2c seat just does not hold me well, I am all over the place. Not an upgrade that will happen anytime soon but I feel like my skill level is still very low for the brake pads and even suspension but I am just not a fan of the seats (specially after driving a m3 with the carbon buckets last year, the difference is very noticeable)
The seat will definitely make a difference.
Appreciate 1
MooMooM21817.50