BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Ask a Pro Detailer from Detailer's Domain

10-29-2019, 07:36 PM   #375
MetalMK
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

I have found a couple scratches on my rear windows, I have no idea how that happened but I can feel it with my fingers. Is there a way to remove them?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 07:47 PM   #376
DetailersDomain
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 MW M3/16 LBB M2

is it on the inside or outside, if you can feel it with your fingernail it may be too deep
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 12:00 PM   #377
MetalMK
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
is it on the inside or outside, if you can feel it with your fingernail it may be too deep
Its on the outside of the rear quarter panel glass.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 03:10 PM   #378
Daytona_550
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C / 2008 550i Sport

Nanolex SiFinish for wheels?

Your thoughts on using Nanolex wheel cleaner and then applying SiFinish coat to OE 788M wheels? Would it bond and help make wheel cleaning easier? I suspect not as good as ceramic coating but worthwhile if I already have these products?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 09:19 PM   #379
DetailersDomain
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona_550 View Post
Your thoughts on using Nanolex wheel cleaner and then applying SiFinish coat to OE 788M wheels? Would it bond and help make wheel cleaning easier? I suspect not as good as ceramic coating but worthwhile if I already have these products?
yes it will work but not as good as a ceramic coating. give it a go if you have if already.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 09:44 AM   #380
Canyon Carver
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LCI M2 - Long Beach Blue

Hello! Just picked up my LCI M2 yesterday - I'm the second owner and it's in incredible condition, however the original owner hadn't cleaned / detailed the motor before sale. it's not filthy, but I'd like to clean it up.

Is steam cleaning still a thing? What's the best and safest way to clean the engine and engine bay? Thanks.

2018 M2 LCI - Long Beach Blue Metallic - MT
2017 Camaro SS - MT (Sold)
2011 135i N55 - MT - Suspension+Stage 1 PPK (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2020, 08:07 PM   #381
2PUTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Carver View Post
Hello! Just picked up my LCI M2 yesterday - I'm the second owner and it's in incredible condition, however the original owner hadn't cleaned / detailed the motor before sale. it's not filthy, but I'd like to clean it up.

Is steam cleaning still a thing? What's the best and safest way to clean the engine and engine bay? Thanks.
just make sure you avoid vital electronics/electrical/coilpacks and intake parts. here is an older video.

Appreciate 1
      01-14-2020, 12:16 AM   #382
leftcoastq
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

Hi guys,

I took my car to get ceramic coated/PPF'd and also left my painted reflectors to be ceramic coated. I may have been unclear with my request, but my detailer went ahead and also installed the painted reflectors.

Only problem is, it looks like some adhesive was left on, and the fitment is off. Do you think I could safely heat up the exterior of the reflector area with hairdryer/heat gun and reapply the reflectors, or will the heat ruin the PPF around the reflector area permanently?

Thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 11:01 AM   #383
DetailersDomain
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastq View Post
Hi guys,

I took my car to get ceramic coated/PPF'd and also left my painted reflectors to be ceramic coated. I may have been unclear with my request, but my detailer went ahead and also installed the painted reflectors.

Only problem is, it looks like some adhesive was left on, and the fitment is off. Do you think I could safely heat up the exterior of the reflector area with hairdryer/heat gun and reapply the reflectors, or will the heat ruin the PPF around the reflector area permanently?

Thank you!!
I would see if the shop will be willing to fix it for you, before you do anything.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 02:35 PM   #384
ROASTM
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C; '06 M3; '07 JKU

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
I would see if the shop will be willing to fix it for you, before you do anything.
What are your thoughts on the XPEL Sealant for their PPF Film? I recently had my full car wrapped in Xpel Ultimate Plus, and the shop gave me a bottle of their film sealant. Obviously having the car ceramic coated professionally would be the best option, but I'm not feeling like spending upwards of $1k to have it done after having the full car wrapped. Do you have any recommendations in terms of applying their film sealant, other than their instructions?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0