BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Misfire high rpm limp mode bm3 stage 2+

01-18-2024, 05:32 PM   #1
Shawqi90210
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Hey guys I have a 2017 m2 it’s currently full fbo and I just put a b58 tu pump in I decided to try the the bm3 stage 2+ e30 map and it was running perfectly for 2 days I took it to 160mph no problem or hiccup. Today on the way back from work I was racing a mustang and I went 3rd gear and took off after I passed him my car started misfiring high rpm and went into limp mode. This use to happen on stage 2+ 93 I assumed it was the fuel pump at the time… but I just upgraded it. I have colder plugs and also percion race work coils I’ve heard they can cause a problem but I don’t see why.

Unfortunately I didn’t get a log of it happening

If anyone can help diagnose or if anyone had a similar problem

Mods:

Eventuri intake

Charge pipe (vrsf)

M performance exhaust

Catless arm downpipe

Arm gold intercooler

Turbo to intercooler inlet

Precision race work coils

Step1 colder plugs

3.5 map sensor

B58 tu pump
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 06:35 PM   #2
-Eidos
@lbb_kev
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 (LBB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawqi90210 View Post
Hey guys I have a 2017 m2 it’s currently full fbo and I just put a b58 tu pump in I decided to try the the bm3 stage 2+ e30 map and it was running perfectly for 2 days I took it to 160mph no problem or hiccup. Today on the way back from work I was racing a mustang and I went 3rd gear and took off after I passed him my car started misfiring high rpm and went into limp mode. This use to happen on stage 2+ 93 I assumed it was the fuel pump at the time… but I just upgraded it. I have colder plugs and also percion race work coils I’ve heard they can cause a problem but I don’t see why.

Unfortunately I didn’t get a log of it happening

If anyone can help diagnose or if anyone had a similar problem

Mods:

Eventuri intake

Charge pipe (vrsf)

M performance exhaust

Catless arm downpipe

Arm gold intercooler

Turbo to intercooler inlet

Precision race work coils

Step1 colder plugs

3.5 map sensor

B58 tu pump
Is the car still doing it? If not, then try logging a pull with all of the nannies turned off.

Without any data you'll be just throwing darts in the dark and start randomly replacing items.
Speedtech Stage 3 (8474) | Remus Exhaust | Wagner EVO 3 | XClutch | DS2 + Lift Kit | Nostrum S2 Injectors | TI E5LM | Torqbyte EKP | Intrax 1K2 | SPL | Drexler GT Race Light LSD by limitedslip.de | Schirmer Diff Lift Kit

Full E85 DI-Only 717WHP Flex Fuel tuned by BendCalibration (ECUTek) | Built by SD Garage
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 06:43 PM   #3
Shawqi90210
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Yea I’m going to try to get it to come back again and get a log tomorrow. Everyone is having complaints about ots maps to be honest I might just switch to custom map soon
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2024, 01:13 PM   #4
ericlr1225
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawqi90210 View Post
Yea I’m going to try to get it to come back again and get a log tomorrow. Everyone is having complaints about ots maps to be honest I might just switch to custom map soon
It's not OTS's problem. You only gonna run more aggressive with custom map. Can't diagnose anything from these misfire codes since they are so common. like @Eidos said, it could be caused by a lot of things. Logs would help a lot.

Last edited by ericlr1225; 01-19-2024 at 01:20 PM..
Appreciate 0