BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Auto Solutions & UCP Review

10-13-2019, 03:43 PM   #45
doughboy
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp 6MT

Nice
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 04:18 PM   #46
idle918
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Great news here. I fitted a Raceseng shift knob and all the noise from the SSK has gone completely.

It mush have been the light plastic BMWP shift knob causing a resonance.

Now it's just fantastic, the 500 gram Raceseng knob makes the shifts butter smooth and even makes reverse easy to get.

It's a hybrid knob with stainless core and round black delrin outer. It feels fabulous and won't get too hot or cold like a bare metal one.

Pic is with the spare white stitched gaiter I had, I'll put the orange one on it now I know it works..
Where did you get the white gaiter? I tried to take mine off, but was afraid of breaking it so I am thinking of just getting a new one.

Also is this shift knob supposed to be plugged into something?

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 02:39 AM   #47
doughboy
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp 6MT

The white gaiter came attached to the M240i M performance shift knob I bought.

You just have to "snap" it off the base of the shift knob. I used a fine blade inbetween to just open it up a little then it broke away clean.

The white nylon ring you can see inside your shift boot stays attached to the boot but breaks aways from the base of the shifter.

I did the same to break the orange gaiter off the OE knob then attach to the Raceseng stalk.

The gaiter you have their looks like an illuminated version? What is that from? There is no supply there on an M2C, but i' sure it would be easy to pick up one from the buttons etc around the shift console.
Appreciate 0