BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > How to track your BMW in Canada

03-02-2018, 08:49 PM   #111
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 '18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiwanChen View Post
My M4 has a production date of Jan 26th too based on VINdecoder and my dealer gives me an ETA of March 15th for delivery. My car has MPE btw.
Congratulations on your fabulous new car!

Give me your dealers name I have some land he might be interested in in Florida!

My car was built over a month earlier than that and just landed a few days ago..... in Halifax.

"I would rather cry in a BMW than smile on a bicycle." Ma Nuo
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 10:24 PM   #112
ObiChen
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11'E90 / 18'F82

Garage List
2018 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryK View Post
Congratulations on your fabulous new car!

Give me your dealers name I have some land he might be interested in in Florida!

My car was built over a month earlier than that and just landed a few days ago..... in Halifax.
Thanks!

My dealer is BMW Autohaus

Believe or not I placed the order on Oct 23th and got car built on Jan 26th. Almost half year waiting for a model that been released for 3 years so be patient
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2018, 12:41 PM   #113
chip_dip19
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Car is well worth the wait. Just picked mine up 3 days ago and I had the biggest smile on my face starting it up
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 05:55 PM   #114
drbachata
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2000 540i 6-speed

Does any one have an account with CN that could track my order...ETA according to the dealer is still March 15 but I really want more information.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 11:00 PM   #115
drbachata
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Official word from dealer: car will be in Concord on March 17th. Aiming to pick it up March 23rd!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 08:54 PM   #116
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

My car is being unloaded from the train in Toronto now.

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 12:44 PM   #117
drbachata
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Released from CN this morning, out for delivery to Budds' latest March 20th - with pick up on Friday 23rd, maybe even Thursday 22nd. Can't wait!!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 09:55 PM   #118
drbachata
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Car is at the dealership as of today 11:47 am. Will go see it tomorrow and will pick it up Friday. Can't wait to post pics!!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 10:03 PM   #119
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

Can't wait to see it! I'm way more concerned about your car than mine!

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 10:02 PM   #120
drbachata
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Finally!

Here she is
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 10:29 PM   #121
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

Sick.
Noticed that you had an shield on the underside of your hood and then I remembered that it is a M240i....M2's don't have that.
Congratulations. I pick up my car next Monday afternoon. Enjoy!

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 07:32 PM   #122
alscks0414
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY18 X3 M40i, MY18 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Sick.
Noticed that you had an shield on the underside of your hood and then I remembered that it is a M240i....M2's don't have that.
Quote:
Sick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicomadrid20 View Post
Here she is
Happy to see u guys that i helped on their CN tracking picking up their beauties with excitement. Congratz to u all!!
Appreciate 3
      03-26-2018, 08:43 PM   #123
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alscks0414 View Post
Happy to see u guys that i helped on their CN tracking picking up their beauties with excitement. Congratz to u all!!
Thanks so much for your generous help Ethan!

Appreciate 3
      04-01-2018, 02:06 PM   #124
drbachata
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Instrument cluster

Has any one been able to adjust the instrument cluster brightness on their facelift 2 series? I know you can adjust it at night but during the way, it seems to automatically go brighter when the sun shines on it and goes really dim when there's no sun...really wish I could control that.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 03:40 PM   #125
InTheSound
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 '18

Quote:
Originally Posted by alscks0414 View Post
Thanks for all the help Ethan!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-26-2018, 06:25 PM   #126
Ramage
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Signed up to the forum just to PM alscks0414 about tracking my order from the Halifax port. You cannot help but love the car enthusiast community

Not a BMW order this time but I do have a (and always will) E46 M3 Vert so I am kinda in the club.
Appreciate 1
      04-30-2018, 08:59 PM   #127
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Just to be clear the 2wglobal.com link on the first page no longer works with VIN #? My car has a Prod. Date of 2018-04-21 so I imagine it may not even be on a boat yet? Will the Hansen VIN tracking provide you with CN rail tracking?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2018, 09:13 PM   #128
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Just to be clear the 2wglobal.com link on the first page no longer works with VIN #? My car has a Prod. Date of 2018-04-21 so I imagine it may not even be on a boat yet? Will the Hansen VIN tracking provide you with CN rail tracking?
Best you can do what I did. Track a US build. That will give you a good idea. You can call the US genius and get a realistic timeline. Figure out the boat and watch it unload in Halifax with the local cams.
Hansen works well but only when your car is in process.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2018, 09:29 PM   #129
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
The only way to track your car on the ship from Germany now is to follow the instructions posted by GregoryK earlier in this thread.

Quote:
Here is my experience so far:

-Used the VIN Decoder to find out when my car was built.
-As you know it is now not possible to track the loading onto the vessel of your as 2WGlobal have removed the feature (Customer ID) I called my dealer who could not tell me the bill of loading or customer ID "for security reasons"
- Called BMW Canada customer service. Clearly they use an offshore customer service company and they were nice but say that they know less than the dealer. They said they would give me the information if they had it!
- Tried to punch my VIN# into the US site and it did not work
- Decided to punch in the VIN# of the US car that was built after mine and got some info - the build # and the car's position on the build chain.
- Then called BMW Genius with that build # and was blown away with the US customer service. The guy was so nice and knew exactly what was happening with the car. Told me it was in quality control and was just released and would be on a train to the shipping yard on Monday or Tuesday but to call back and he would tell me the name of the ship!
**** Just shows you the difference between the US customer service and the poor excuse for customer service we Canadians accept. Clearly the car I have info on is not my car but I would guess that it is not unlikely that they will travel on the same ship if they are going to the same coast. ******
Quote:
It's tough. If your car was built on the 22nd it is unlikely it made to the "Patriot" (which is now in Sweden btw).
I am totally improvising with my car (finished 3 days after you on the 25th). My car is still on a train car in Leipzig - I Think.
Here's what I did - If you are up to it.
Found a car close to my VIN# and punched it into the US tracking site. Got a build number and with that called BMW Genius and found out exactly what was going on with that car. That way you have an idea at least. BMW Genius unlike the BMW Canada will give you the booking number and the bill of laden once they have them that way you can see the vin# being loaded and know which ship etc.
I would think you will be on the Glorious Leader that leaves on Feb 6th and gets into Halifax on the 19th or the Aniara that gets in on the 26th. In my experience it can take at least another 2 weeks from when your car is released in Halifax to arrive in Toronto and potentially another week before delivery. We are dealing with BMW Canada after all!

Quote:
I think it asks for your Production # or Vin #. Your Canadian VIN # will not work. Go to the Vindecoder and add one # to your Canadian Vin. Check to see that it is a US car (has the TSP and does not say KPH anywhere. Load that Vin # into the MyBMW site and it will give you a production #. When you sign up for the US site don't say you are from Canada or give any info except an email. Look up a US postal code etc. Once you have the US production number call BMW Genius. Don't give them your Canadian phone # if they ask just say you never use your phone or something like that.
Report how it goes.

Then contact alscks0414 to track your car from Halifax on the CN train when the ship arrives in Canada.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2018, 02:35 PM   #130
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C DCT

Garage List
I'm expecting my X2 to be built in the next day or two. Is there any way to know for certain what vessel it will be shipped on or do I need to use the vin of a USA vehicle?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2018, 12:15 AM   #131
bimmerdriver2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerdriver2 View Post
I'm expecting my X2 to be built in the next day or two. Is there any way to know for certain what vessel it will be shipped on or do I need to use the vin of a USA vehicle?
My car rolled off the line today. I registered the vin+1 on BMW USA and emailed the production number and vin to BMW Genius. Fingers crossed...
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2018, 07:14 AM   #132
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerdriver2 View Post
My car rolled off the line today. I registered the vin+1 on BMW USA and emailed the production number and vin to BMW Genius. Fingers crossed...
You can just call them. Also they may not no the name of the ship but you can guess what that will be by looking at the WW schedule. My car took 10 days from the end of the line till it went to the docks. I think that is an unusually long time. They are super organised!

Appreciate 0