BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > VIN Decoder That Finds 7ME (M Driver's Package) Option Code??

12-05-2022, 01:26 PM   #1
mpmussel
Registered
Rep
Drives: Toyota Tundra

VIN Decoder That Finds 7ME (M Driver's Package) Option Code??

Hello All,

I'm shopping for a used M2 Comp and want it to have the M Driver's Package option (code 7ME). Through Google searching I found

https://www.mdecoder.com/

as a site to try and decode the VIN and find the options on any car I'm looking at. However, I must have put 20 different VINs in and haven't had a single car come back showing the 7ME option on it. I know there is some controversy and strong feelings on both sides about the value (or lack of value) of this option, but with this being a performance car that is not exactly cheap (relative), I would have expected to see 25-50% uptake on this option.

Does anyone know if that VIN Decoder site is not accurate?
Can anyone with a 7ME car run their own VIN through there and see it shows the option?

Any recommendations as to which VIN Decoder I should use?
Is there nothing free that is accurate enough and I need to use a paid option like vinanalytics.com maybe?

Thank You
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 01:40 PM   #2
RideM
Private First Class
Alderney
Rep
Drives: BMW

Mine shows up, vin decoder works fine. Good luck in your search!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 07:10 PM   #3
mpmussel
Registered
Rep

RideM thanks for your reply. I really don't know what is going on. I'm really only interested in 1 or 2 colors, but after your response I went through every single M2 Comp on CarGurus and after inputting 41 different VINs not a single one came up with the 7ME M Driver's Package. Are they really that rare?? I just have a really hard time believing the uptake on that option would be that rare, but I guess maybe so.....
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 07:17 PM   #4
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpmussel View Post
RideM thanks for your reply. I really don't know what is going on. I'm really only interested in 1 or 2 colors, but after your response I went through every single M2 Comp on CarGurus and after inputting 41 different VINs not a single one came up with the 7ME M Driver's Package. Are they really that rare?? I just have a really hard time believing the uptake on that option would be that rare, but I guess maybe so.....
Almost no one bought it. It was $2500 for pretty much nothing, speed limiter raised and a driving class you could get for 1500 anytime you want. The better question is why do you want it? If you want a removed speed limit you can just get a tune.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 07:28 PM   #5
mpmussel
Registered
Rep

Thanks for the info and response. I'm very big on having an unmodified, factory original car. I have tracked my former cars and intend on tracking whatever I get next. Though it will be rare to find a track where you can exceed 150, I'd like to have the ability if that was available, and I don't want to have to modify anything with a tune. Just my preference.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 08:35 PM   #6
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpmussel View Post
Thanks for the info and response. I'm very big on having an unmodified, factory original car. I have tracked my former cars and intend on tracking whatever I get next. Though it will be rare to find a track where you can exceed 150, I'd like to have the ability if that was available, and I don't want to have to modify anything with a tune. Just my preference.
Gotcha. It raises the limiter from 155 to 168 according to BMW I believe. I am also not sure that the limiter is really 155 stock. The speedo can't be trusted but seems like North American F80 and F82s can all do 162 stock according to many GPS reports from the F80 forums. I would assume the same is true for the F87.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 09:16 PM   #7
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Gotcha. It raises the limiter from 155 to 168 according to BMW I believe. I am also not sure that the limiter is really 155 stock. The speedo can't be trusted but seems like North American F80 and F82s can all do 162 stock according to many GPS reports from the F80 forums. I would assume the same is true for the F87.
I could only get mine up to 145 before I ran out of track at Pacific Raceway. But it was still pulling hard.
      12-18-2022, 03:18 AM   #8
MarlboroM2C
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
  [10.00]
2021 BMW  [10.00]
I ordered the M drivers package as an option on my BSM 21. It's rare. Seems like everyone with a opinion trashed the option. Well, the credit towards school, gave me an amazing 2 day school experience which was worth every last nickel. I did not order the executive package, but got the rear camera and adaptive LEDs anyway gratis.
I had a 20 DCT all stock without M Driver's previously. My 21 6mt with the MDrivers and stock exhaust seems to burble more, pop a little more. I can't say it's because of the MD pkg, but I notice this baby is just a bit more aggressive sounding stock as well. 🤔 Coincidencal?
      03-02-2024, 12:19 AM   #9
bmwstephen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 95' M3, 17' M2

Does anyone know if this is transferable and redeemable even currently?

If so who do I contact at BMW or CCA about this.

I have a single owner low miles 2017 that I recently acquired. I know for sure the PO wasn’t the type to have used this so I was hoping to give it a try.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2024, 06:26 PM   #10
CC3586
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwstephen View Post
Does anyone know if this is transferable and redeemable even currently?

If so who do I contact at BMW or CCA about this.

I have a single owner low miles 2017 that I recently acquired. I know for sure the PO wasn’t the type to have used this so I was hoping to give it a try.
Yes it’s transferable validity of voucher is 3 years after vehicle delivered .
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2024, 02:11 AM   #11
restonot
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

It's true that many opinions online can be negative, but it's fantastic that you had a positive experience with the package. The credit towards the driving school sounds like a valuable benefit, and it's great that you enjoyed it.
Appreciate 0