BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > UK > Le Mans23

05-29-2023, 02:44 PM   #1
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Le Mans23

Anyone heading off to Le Mans this year for the 24hour?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2023, 06:06 AM   #2
spenny_b
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp, HS

Garage List
Nope, didnt this time - missed out on tickets, with them selling out (never, in 26 years of going, have tickets ever been limited. Arrive, find an entrance gate at one of the corners, and buy a week long ticket. Done).

I did the IoM TT instead....screw the ACO, if that's their tactic and the only way you can buy tickets is to pay overs, then f**k them. The TT is a far better event IMO. I did watch the 24hrs on Eurosport, and was tremendously underwhelmed - I think that's my lot on that race.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2023, 06:12 AM   #3
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenny_b View Post
Nope, didnt this time - missed out on tickets, with them selling out (never, in 26 years of going, have tickets ever been limited. Arrive, find an entrance gate at one of the corners, and buy a week long ticket. Done).

I did the IoM TT instead....screw the ACO, if that's their tactic and the only way you can buy tickets is to pay overs, then f**k them. The TT is a far better event IMO. I did watch the 24hrs on Eurosport, and was tremendously underwhelmed - I think that's my lot on that race.
I think they underestimated french interest. Thats why they turned half the camping areas into car parks for local day visitors.

We only paid the regular 96euros for week long ticket, they just sold out though.

375,000 tickets sold. 325,000 in on the Saturday, most ever.

Hopefully it was just the 100ans thing.
Appreciate 0