BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > UK > Getting in and out the back seats

04-29-2023, 09:54 AM   #1
Strendog
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Getting in and out the back seats

I have a 2019 M2C, with electric seats. When I fold the front seat back rest forward, there are two buttons on the seat top, that
control the forward/reverse movement of the seat base to allow easier access to the rear.

In the owners manual it says that a brief press of the button automatically moves the seat forward to its maximum position, and a brief press on the other button, automatically moves the seat back to the memorised position. This doesn’t work for me, I need to keep my finger on the button to move the seat in either direction. Am I doing something wrong or is this typical for UK spec.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2023, 11:36 AM   #2
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

Nope you have to hold the button down and it will stop at some predetermined point, then go all the way forward. On the way back, it will stop at your previous seating position, then if you press and hold again it will keep going to max.

Unfortunately there are more than a few inaccuracies in the marketing materials and manuals of BMWs.
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2023, 11:40 AM   #3
Strendog
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
Nope you have to hold the button down and it will stop at some predetermined point, then go all the way forward. On the way back, it will stop at your previous seating position, then if you press and hold again it will keep going to max.

Unfortunately there are more than a few inaccuracies in the marketing materials and manuals of BMWs.
Ok thanks for that, good to know I haven’t got a problem.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2023, 10:04 AM   #4
jefe2000
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
I’m not sure about differences between UK- and US-spec cars, so I can’t comment on that part. But I can say that my US-spec ‘18 M2 LCI works as described in the owner’s manual.

I get my kids in and out of the back seat multiple times every week: just a tap of the seat-forward switch moves the chair all the way forward. A tap on the seat-backward switch moves the chair to its previous position.
Appreciate 1
      04-30-2023, 11:22 AM   #5
Strendog
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefe2000 View Post
I’m not sure about differences between UK- and US-spec cars, so I can’t comment on that part. But I can say that my US-spec ‘18 M2 LCI works as described in the owner’s manual.

I get my kids in and out of the back seat multiple times every week: just a tap of the seat-forward switch moves the chair all the way forward. A tap on the seat-backward switch moves the chair to its previous position.

Could be a UK-US spec difference, or even M2 to M2C change, seems strange, but mine works as described in the previous post, with no tap to move function.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2023, 03:45 PM   #6
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

I'm so glad I have manual seats, fold and slide in one easy quick action.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2023, 03:53 PM   #7
Strendog
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
I'm so glad I have manual seats, fold and slide in one easy quick action.
In general I love the electric adjustment system, but on the odd occasion I have someone in the back, it’s a proper faff with the electric slide. Still don’t understand why some have the one touch function and others don’t.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2023, 03:53 PM   #8
doughboy
Major General
Rep

Must be a daft US EU GB difference.

I had a £100k 2016 M6 coupe (UK) with all the options and that had a button for rear seat seat slide but you had to hold it the whole time, sounds like what you say.

Now I much prefer the manual seats in a car that only I drive, with power seats you just fiddle with them the whole time, whereas I haven't moved the manual seats for literally years. The kids hop in and out no worries.

Power seats and memory are great for a shared car of course...
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2023, 04:11 PM   #9
Strendog
Rep

[QUOTE=doughboy;30153616]Must be a daft US EU GB difference.

If it’s just a regional difference, I wonder if the one touch functionality can be coded in.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2023, 03:33 PM   #10
doughboy
Major General
Rep

[QUOTE=Strendog;30153670]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Must be a daft US EU GB difference.

If it’s just a regional difference, I wonder if the one touch functionality can be coded in.
Almost certainly I would think
Appreciate 0