BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > BMW app forces me to navigate

11-30-2018, 12:53 PM   #1
Fedorov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G20

Garage List
BMW app forces me to navigate

Some time ago, maybe a couple of weeks, there was some update to the BMW app. (Android)

Now, if I happen to have an appointment in my calendar, whenever I enter the car it starts navigating automatically. Even if I stop navigation it resumes by it self after a minute or two.

Has this happen to anyone else? I also thing that the same update is responsible for completely breaking my spotify connection which hasn't been working in about the same time. Whenever I click the spotify icon in the iDrive the screen just turns black.

The bluetooth connection still works though so I can manage but it was nicer when spotify worked and I could browse playlists etc.

Man this app has a life of its own..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 10:00 AM   #2
McGary911
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2 DCT

Something similar happens when you enter a destination on the app. It's great as it transfers that route to the car and starts your navigation. It's less great that it keeps doing that for the same route every time you start the car. I had to delete the destination from my phone to make it stop. Maybe the appointment thing is similar?

I finally deleted the app. A few updates ago they made a change that would auto launch the app on my phone every time the phone connected to the car. Maddening. I couldn't take it anymore and bid the app farewell. If i really need to unlock the car remotely or something, i can just reinstall, unlock and uninstall.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 10:41 AM   #3
Fedorov
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGary911 View Post
Something similar happens when you enter a destination on the app. It's great as it transfers that route to the car and starts your navigation. It's less great that it keeps doing that for the same route every time you start the car. I had to delete the destination from my phone to make it stop. Maybe the appointment thing is similar?

I finally deleted the app. A few updates ago they made a change that would auto launch the app on my phone every time the phone connected to the car. Maddening. I couldn't take it anymore and bid the app farewell. If i really need to unlock the car remotely or something, i can just reinstall, unlock and uninstall.
Yeah, I think my app started to autostart about the same time as spotify stopped working...
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 02:16 PM   #4
larry.beck
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
In the app go to settings and disable calendar integration.
      12-02-2018, 02:29 AM   #5
Fedorov
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry.beck View Post
In the app go to settings and disable calendar integration.
Weird, I cannot find this setting anywhere in my settings...
Appreciate 0