12-08-2018, 09:07 PM   #24
mikal9913
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I'm biased.
I was very torn when I purchased mine this summer between LBB and MG. I just love how much the LBB stands out and the effect the light seems to have on it.
Appreciate 1
///Cardia299.50
      12-09-2018, 05:46 AM   #25
mr_lab_rat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, 2018 X1

When we are talking about colours I must say I was disappointed by the white. I like white cars in general, especially with some contrasting black or CF bits. But on M2 the white was hiding the beautiful lines so I went for LBB.
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2018, 12:18 AM   #26
ZPrime
I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal9913 View Post
Artemis... So I basically just lurk through the M2 forums as I daydream about mine in storage ('17 LBB) but there was just something about that post... Very amusing and well sorted. I especially enjoyed the part about the M2C HS color.
Put winter tires on it and come find a big parking lot with me on the East side of the river.
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2018, 12:34 AM   #27
mikal9913
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPrime View Post

Put winter tires on it and come find a big parking lot with me on the East side of the river.
I wish man, winter is killing me. Car is in heated storage til spring. I'll be the second car out of there though. We will have to meet up for sure if you're out in the Cle area.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 12:48 AM   #28
ZPrime
I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal9913 View Post
I wish man, winter is killing me. Car is in heated storage til spring. I'll be the second car out of there though. We will have to meet up for sure if you're out in the Cle area.
I live in Mayfield, work in Bedford... only have one car so I have no choice but to drive it all winter. With snow tires on, it does just fine...
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 05:05 AM   #29
shredandburn
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 Z06 M7, 2022 Ram TRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_lab_rat View Post
When we are talking about colours I must say I was disappointed by the white. I like white cars in general, especially with some contrasting black or CF bits. But on M2 the white was hiding the beautiful lines so I went for LBB.
So funny how we perceive things so different. I got alpine white because to me it showed the lines well. All the carbon really pops.

They all are amazing I'd take any color given the right options and price
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 11:16 AM   #30
Blurbo311
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LBB 6-Speed

Just my 2 cents... I have an 18 M2 and love the sound and power band of the N55! I also prefer the aestetics of the OG M2 over the M2c. I do not think the cost of an 'upgrade' to an M2c is right for me (at this time) because of how much I love the M2 and what it would cost to get into an M2c.

However, if my choices were between the two cars you mention, in the colors you mention, at the prices you mention, I'd go with the HS M2c! Mainly bc I refuse to own another black car and because HS is a great color!!! And if the 19 is cheaper, that's just a bonus!
Appreciate 1
Fedorov160.50
      12-24-2018, 08:16 PM   #31
RedCarrot
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 AW M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by afwares View Post
The 2018 M2 and 2019 M2C have far more in common than they are different, but the differences are important and if you think about each you'll be able to easily make this decision, leaving money (and all the additional CF goodies you got on your 2018) aside: [...]
Whichever way you go, you'll end up with one of the best M cars BMW has ever created.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87_LCI View Post
Having read through (and been a part of) countless threads on this topic, the consensus seems to be (on average), if you already have an OG M2 (especially the LCI), then it's likely not worth the upgrade to the M2C, but if you are buying an M2 for the first time, then why not get the newer version? There are outliers of course, and some that will swear/argue until they are blue in the face that one is better than the other for one reason or another and that is their personal view based on what they value/need. It really boils down to what you value/need as to which way you should go.
For me personally, the M2C just wasn't enough of a jump to make me switch, but I have a heavily modified 2018 that drives and sounds amazing and sound is important...to me.
I agree.

In the past I also gave the idea to replace my M2 with the M2C some consideration, but decided for a status quo. M2C as next of kin in the bloodline, no second generation M2: different and featuring several improved aspects. Tempting, definitely, but still too close to convince me to abandon the original M2 ship. Hang on to the good things you got. Though the original one isn't made anymore, it ain't blown out of the water by the new one. Lots of DNA of the original one lives on in the new one. Different hearts but the same heartbeat. Different minds but thinking and acting alike.

If I would not have owned an M2 as we speak, then, yes, likely I'd take the plunge for an M2C nowadays or check out what the rumored M2 CS(L) has on offer in the future. A pity though for the detail that the Mineral Grey skin got bleached way too much to a pearlescent-esque white that apparently indecisively mocks 'n hocks both silver (except for the metallic flaking) as well as its whiter shade of pale non-metallic Alpine White affiliate. Despite having seen it up-close, it didn't win me over yet, but, true, the HS sales galore shows that the color got a vast fanbase; de gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum. But I digress.

Both the M2 and M2C are great driving fun facilitators. Both are good value for money. Both got accolades and révérences. The latest one got the 'Competition' moniker, maybe also because it got the orginal M2 as its main competitor ? Both pleasing manual transmission and M-DCT aficionados. When referencing the original M2, the N55 + M Performance Exhaust can squeal OPF-free songs that are no longer allowed airplay on new cars in the EU since late Summer. How does it feel to sometimes quench your aural thirst with a fine tasty piece of forbidden fruit, right up for grabs at the touch of a pedal ? Lightning at your feet - rumble echoing around the car - school kid-ish grinning & giggling inside the car...

Generally, as regards cars, latest may sometimes be greatest and wow, but sometimes it's simply astray or a let down (regardless the sales figures). Latest is supposed to (live up to the expectation to) be better (and equipping cars with the latest hi-tech features contributes in achieving this goal), but it ain't always. Sometimes it even lacks the potential to outdo previous.

True that previous is sometimes not as great as latest, but sometimes it is (or becomes) vintage, classic or oldskool over time, a benchmark or point of reference. And all this not only because of nostalgia reasons (let's admit it: most of us still use a physical calculator or a pen that may be many years old, although we can use our latest smartphones). As previous becomes a kind of its own, it can be compared to later or latest, for better or for worse.

Oh well, in the end it all comes down to (very) personal preferences. Each of us has a sweet spot for some aspect(s) of certain personal favorites. And even so, most of our personal choices inevitably evolve over time too, as each of us goes through phases, with circumstances modifying mindsets, manners and means, including (dis)liking certain cars. No-one remains the same person (s)he used to be. Pantha Rhei.
I regret not having a glass of fine wine 🍷 in hand as I said your post 👍
'00 S2000 (2000-2005)
Appreciate 1
Artemis28911.50
      12-27-2018, 04:40 PM   #32
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwares View Post
- The M2C comes with the S55 engine from the M3/M4. It's more powerful right out of the box and has greater cooling capacity, but the latter is only important if you plan to track the car or if you believe you'll want to customize the car with aftermarket engine tuning. If this is a weekend fun car, daily commuter, or road trip cruiser both versions are perfect and the engine change won't matter much. If you'll be driving this car to its limits frequently, the S55 is likely worth the upgrade.
Agreed.

And OP, for the record:
Quote:
Should you ever get entangled into a conversation with an S55 engine enthusiast speaking in condescending terms about the N55 engine, then remind him/her to the mere fact that, within the BMW engine bloodline, the N55 served as basis for building the S55.

And subsequently wait for that little Star Wars moment of realization to kick in...