BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > LA Auto Show 2019: BMW M2 CS World Debut

11-22-2019, 10:12 AM   #111
TMR013
Opus Angelus
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2

No doubt biased because I love my OG M2. But still don't think they have matched the exhaust note of the OG. They hit perfection with that one. And as some have noted. I still see WRX every time I see a pic. I know that may not be the case with other colors. But not a good way to intro.
I'll stick with my OG M2. Have fun with this one!
Appreciate 1
F87EVO4031.00
      11-22-2019, 10:53 AM   #112
19x
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post

M-azing- Defined.
Thank you for proving my point.

This isn't how a stock S14 sounds. 90% of what you're hearing in the video is induction noise, not exhaust sound. Like I mentioned before, BMW made up for terrible exhaust notes with induction noise in the past. The video even clearly mentions the "airbox". What part of that don't you understand?

The S14 exhaust note is still crap. The reason why you think that is sounds "amazing" is because of induction noise, not the exhaust.

Last edited by 19x; 11-22-2019 at 11:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 04:48 PM   #113
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mac View Post
Thank you for proving my point.

This isn't how a stock S14 sounds. 90% of what you're hearing in the video is induction noise, not exhaust sound. Like I mentioned before, BMW made up for terrible exhaust notes with induction noise in the past. The video even clearly mentions the "airbox". What part of that don't you understand?

The S14 exhaust note is still crap. The reason why you think that is sounds "amazing" is because of induction noise, not the exhaust.
of course it mentions the airbox... because I agree..! : BMW INDUCTION NOISE IS WHERE IT'S AT...

my point was .. THIS - (the S14 with a CF airbox) IS ARGUABLY THE BEST INDUCTION NOISE I HAVE EVER HEARD ON A BMW. ( better even than the S54 with CF airbox in the E46 M3 CSL)

I sit IN my car.. not in front of or behind it when I drive.... and I don't sit around revving my car in parking lots.... so …..

If one wants a great sounding BMW exhaust note... one is really only going to find that on BMW V8 motors.

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 11-22-2019 at 05:01 PM..
Appreciate 1
Artemis29362.50
      11-22-2019, 11:07 PM   #114
19x
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
of course it mentions the airbox... because I agree..! : BMW INDUCTION NOISE IS WHERE IT'S AT...

my point was .. THIS - (the S14 with a CF airbox) IS ARGUABLY THE BEST INDUCTION NOISE I HAVE EVER HEARD ON A BMW. ( better even than the S54 with CF airbox in the E46 M3 CSL)

I sit IN my car.. not in front of or behind it when I drive.... and I don't sit around revving my car in parking lots.... so …..

If one wants a great sounding BMW exhaust note... one is really only going to find that on BMW V8 motors.
And my point was that with the M2, you get neither.

The induction noise is terrible and exhaust noise is even more terrible. BMW really dropped the ball here. In the past, they at least made up for it somehow. The noise coming out of all new M2’s and M3’s is distressingly bad. Downright embarrassing.

Sure, the original M2 exhaust sounds less terrible.
Appreciate 1
      11-23-2019, 09:39 AM   #115
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
I don't agree with that

The S14 sounded amaaazing.

The N54 was good!!

The N55 sounds great!
lol

Define “amazing”. I think we have entirely different perspectives of what sounds “amazing” if that’s what you truly feel the S14 sounds like.

Yes, it sounds better than your average 4-banger, but that’s not what I consider good sound by any stretch, let alone amazing.
Not sure if you've ever heard an S14 in person. Number of cylinders is not the only criteria for sound. Have you ever heard a Lancia V4? It's a 4 banger than can literally blow away any 6 cylinder in sound.

The S14 was a race derived engine and it shows in the sound. It sounds glorious. Not just compared to other 4 cylinders but any car.

Not everyone lusts after burly V8s. I certainly don't.
      11-23-2019, 02:42 PM   #116
19x
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
Not sure if you've ever heard an S14 in person. Number of cylinders is not the only criteria for sound. Have you ever heard a Lancia V4? It's a 4 banger than can literally blow away any 6 cylinder in sound.

The S14 was a race derived engine and it shows in the sound. It sounds glorious. Not just compared to other 4 cylinders but any car.

Not everyone lusts after burly V8s. I certainly don't.
In that case, we have entirely different views of what sounds “glorious”.

If you’re glorifying the S14 because of its race heritage/pedigree and therefore think it must sounds cool too, that’s great. It’s still a 4-banger that sounds terrible next to any decent V8.

Yes, I heard plenty of S14’s in person. I fail to see anything special about its exhaust note. Sure, it sounds better than my neighbor’s Corolla.

I bet most people glorifying its “exhaust” sound are actually confusing it with induction noise.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2019, 05:39 PM   #117
classyfast
Banned
Rep
Drives: e36m/e46m/E92 LCI 335/f30 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash2k7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by classyfast View Post
This is sick....but damnit I can't be 6'7" getting out of a little fucking clown car!! Lol
There's nothing clown about this car my friend... except the blue/gold combo The M2 is one of the greatest M cars ever made. Having owned nearly a dozen varying from the M3 up to the X5M, the M2 really is a great vehicle, without question the most fun to drive. It's by far my favorite of any M I've ever owned, and I'm looking forward to grabbing a CS when they come out.

Clown on my friend, clown on!
That's a great heart felt story...nobody gives a fuck about what you've owned and I won't start....my post was about being 6ft 7 and not being able to get out of an m2 without looking like a clown. Go re-read my post and comprehend before you comment.
Appreciate 1
19x459.50
      11-23-2019, 05:41 PM   #118
classyfast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
The more I see this, the more it makes me want the C8 vette. I think this will sit on dealer lots (ones that are available anyway) just like the the M3/4 CS. Plus all this hype around a car that most wont be able to get due to limited production. In my older age I no longer see any value in limited production accept to flip them and make a buck like 95% of people lucky enough to get one.
I have an allocation and money down on a C8. Thinking exactly the same shit
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2019, 05:49 PM   #119
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Does it come with non-Subaru wheels? These are horrible.
Appreciate 1
19x459.50
      11-23-2019, 06:11 PM   #120
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C HS DCT

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This is sick....but damnit I can't be 6'7" getting out of a little fucking clown car!! Lol
There's nothing clown about this car my friend... except the blue/gold combo The M2 is one of the greatest M cars ever made. Having owned nearly a dozen varying from the M3 up to the X5M, the M2 really is a great vehicle, without question the most fun to drive. It's by far my favorite of any M I've ever owned, and I'm looking forward to grabbing a CS when they come out.

That's a great heart felt story...nobody gives a fuck about what you've owned and I won't start....my post was about being 6ft 7 and not being able to get out of an m2 without looking like a clown. Go re-read my post and comprehend before you comment.
Well... that escalated quickly!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2019, 07:47 PM   #121
classyfast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well... that escalated quickly!
Yeah well people are retarded...
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 12:19 AM   #122
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
I'm a relative midget at 6'3" but honestly the car has a ton of room. Pretty sure I remember that there are some other 6'7" guys on here that don't have a problem.

Or is it your red wig, yellow clothes and stripy socks that are causing the dilemma with the contrast to the blue and gold colour of the display car?
Appreciate 2
cptobvious2531.50
      11-24-2019, 09:08 AM   #123
2nd chance
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
Does it come with non-Subaru wheels? These are horrible.
Black wheels are standard.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 09:44 AM   #124
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Quote:
I'm a relative midget at 6'3" but honestly the car has a ton of room. Pretty sure I remember that there are some other 6'7" guys on here that don't have a problem.

Or is it your red wig, yellow clothes and stripy socks that are causing the dilemma with the contrast to the blue and gold colour of the display car?

Goddamn! I love it. Your posts are always good for a first thing in the morning chuckle.
Appreciate 2
Poochie9104.50
Davil6523.00
      11-24-2019, 10:02 AM   #125
classyfast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Is that really all you're going to add here? Being stupid and focusing on my use of the word "clown" to describe what it looks like when tall folks get out of a small car? You must have felt a need to respond this morning because you had nothing else to do?

Clearly both of you idiots missed the point. There are zero 6'6"+ folks on here driver 2 series cars. Guarantee you that, that's it.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 10:18 AM   #126
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is that really all you're going to add here? Being stupid and focusing on my use of the word "clown" to describe what it looks like when tall folks get out of a small car? You must have felt a need to respond this morning because you had nothing else to do?

Clearly both of you idiots missed the point. There are zero 6'6"+ folks on here driver 2 series cars. Guarantee you that, that's it.
Dude, come on. I think the very first response to your original post was just another forum member having some fun with your phrase "clown car." And now Davil's post is just another humorous response. I don't think there was any ill will intended by anybody at all.

Honestly, I laughed out loud when I read your original post. The imagery of a 6'7" dude emerging from a 2 series like in a circus show is hilarious.

I think in the same vein, the other posts are just folks piggy-backing and making jokes along similar lines so that everyone on the forum can have a good laugh.

So, yes, to your point, the comments aren't directed at your post directly, rather it's just everyone trying to have a good time and joke around and give others a good chuckle.
Appreciate 3
Tornado1M1211.00
Davil6523.00
      11-24-2019, 10:46 AM   #127
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Ronald McDonald shoes aren't quite practical for working the M2 pedals.

Quote:
On a general note: don't take things way too serious. No malicious intent with poking fun. Loosen the collar once in a while. Stop the name-calling.
      11-24-2019, 01:24 PM   #128
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Goddamn! I love it. Your posts are always good for a first thing in the morning chuckle.
Speaking of clown cars, I had a friend in high school who stopped talking to me because his dad bought him a new VW GTI (Golf) but he was a large-built fellow, so I jokingly suggested that he looked like King Koopa from Mario Kart crammed into it.

He didn't take it lightly but it still cracks me up when I'm reminded.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
cptobvious2531.50
      11-24-2019, 03:26 PM   #129
2020M2Competition
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
I should probably stay out of this, but I can't help but see a little irony in all this

The M2 Competition (and presumably the CS as well) has significantly more headroom at 40.1" than most "sports" or "performance" cars on the market

As a result, it can actually be better suited to many taller drivers than a lot of the other options out there
Appreciate 3
cptobvious2531.50
Davil6523.00
      11-24-2019, 05:52 PM   #130
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTBoss302 View Post
The M2 Competition (and presumably the CS as well) has significantly more headroom at 40.1" than most "sports" or "performance" cars on the market
As a result, it can actually be better suited to many taller drivers than a lot of the other options out there
One of the methods to gain head room: 'tilt' the seat to maximum position. A lot of people think that the seats only move up / down / forward / backward. But the seat controller also allows you to tilt the seat backwards or forward. Adjust backrest.

I'm 1m80. My car features a glass roof. My seat is at maximum backwards tilt + lowest possible position.

Name:  Seat_Tilt.jpg
Views: 4394
Size:  17.6 KB
      11-24-2019, 07:53 PM   #131
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi M sport--2014 M6

Quote:

Hate to make you eat crow buddy, but I’m 6’6 and 340lbs and I drive my M2C as a daily.

Much more comfortable then my F80 M3 was too
Appreciate 2
Davil6523.00
      11-24-2019, 11:48 PM   #132
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.82]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supadice View Post