BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Car Wash at Driveway and other options

08-10-2019, 05:18 PM   #1
BMWEnthuTony
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 6MT MG

Garage List
Car Wash at Driveway and other options

Recently when I did a foam car wash at my driveway, i was advised by my neighbor around restrictions in doing car wash in the driveway. I am a new home owner (in Sammamish area) and wasn't aware and then I did some read up and realized the impact of car wash in driveway to the storm water etc. as the water flows with all chemicals untreated.
I wanted to understand what options I have with respect to using my own gear like Mitts and other products from Griots garage to be used in a commercial car wash. Is it a good etiquette to consume more than the time it takes to just power wash the car using the coin operated station.
Of course I can go in some odd hours when there is no one around in those places but wanted to understand what do other people do in this scenario.
Looking for opinions from people around here on what they usually do.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2019, 07:48 PM   #2
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Just wash your car on the grass. Waters the grass and nothing gets in the storm drains.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2019, 05:31 PM   #3
BMWEnthuTony
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 6MT MG

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
Just wash your car on the grass. Waters the grass and nothing gets in the storm drains.
Unfortunately don't have space to park the car over the grass and wash in my front yard. Was evaluating that option also but in my case it does not work.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2019, 06:54 PM   #4
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWEnthuTony View Post
Unfortunately don't have space to park the car over the grass and wash in my front yard. Was evaluating that option also but in my case it does not work.
We have an alley behind the house. I use that to drive the M2 onto the grass.
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2019, 12:30 AM   #5
bentom2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

BMWEnthuTony I see people at the Redmond Way Brown Bear with their own bucket and supplies washing their car all the time. I’m only ever there long enough to fill up the car with fuel, or to run through the automatic wash, so not sure how long they’re occupying a bay, but it seems to be pretty normal. I’d say go for it and see what happens.
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2019, 09:57 PM   #6
yo_eddy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

See attached link. I don't see any restrictions on washing your car in your driveway. It's suggested you wash it on a lawn or other area where the water will not drain directly into a storm drain, but it doesn't look to be a requirement.

https://www.sammamish.us/government/...lean/car-care/
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 11:39 AM   #7
Bumpinjeep
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
The brown bear is okay since the water is filtered (i took my car there yesterday just to spray it off) but realistically, it's not a good overall solution as it leaves spots on the car unless you dry it off, at that point, you might as well bring your own cleaning supplies and wash it there. To be honest, I wash my car at my parents place in Bellevue (they have a good size driveway) & sometimes spray it off at the Redmond Brown Bear (i live in that area).
      09-08-2019, 09:57 AM   #8
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

I'm lurking and this is relevant for me. I wash in my driveway all the time in Issaquah Highlands. I'm expecting to get hassled at some point but I'm not aware of any laws or HOA restrictions about this.
Appreciate 0