BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Wireless charger is total fail in the m2!

06-12-2018, 08:33 AM   #67
Bruuuce
the me
Rep
Drives: 01ZCoupe, 08M3Coupe, 21M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornercase View Post
My no-Exec Pack 2018 LCI doesn’t have a USB in the cup holder area. I’m tempted to get the Belkin 36W USB-C PD Car Charger that Apple also exclusively sells. http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F7U013/

Anyone have a cup holder phone mount recommendation?
I use the same USBc car charger for my traveling, works well for the iPhone, iPad and MacBook.

have not figured out the best mount for the car yet.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 09:22 PM   #68
cornercase
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LCI M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruuuce View Post
Wirecutter recommends the iOttie Easy One Touch 4 series. https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-smartphone-car-mount/

A friend uses one in his Subaru Outback CD player, but I found it too big. There’s an older iOttie Easy One Touch Mini I found. https://www.iottie.com/Product/Series/OneTouch/Car-Mount

I think the CD mount has been great so far with my iPhone X. I like that the older Mini is smaller than the 4 and doesn’t cover as much of my car vents or controls (without my phone mounted). It’s also cheaper for less than $10 on eBay.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2018, 06:17 AM   #69
randyt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 MGM 6MT M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Not the cheapest solution but I use a cell phone mount by ProClip. It attaches to the dash trim around the center vents. Because of the design, you can place it anywhere across the vent area. Moving it to the right side keeps it clear of the infotainment system and other controls. No damage to dash and can be removed at any time.
Pic included. Sorry, can't leave phone in & take a pic @ same time.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2018, 07:01 AM   #70
Bruuuce
the me
Rep

Well, thinking my phone mount issues have been resolved by the Georgia law makers.

If I even touch the phone, I can get a ticket. As of July 1. I can still eat a burger, shave and put on my makeup though.

Guess I'll just get use to applecarplay and put the phone in the wireless charger from now on. I shouldn't get in trouble that way. Also save some $$$ on a phone mount.

For reference, I use the magbak cases and magnets now. But they don't hold up cornering very well.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2018, 07:23 PM   #71
cornercase
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Well, thinking my phone mount issues have been resolved by the Georgia law makers.

If I even touch the phone, I can get a ticket. As of July 1. I can still eat a burger, shave and put on my makeup though.

Guess I'll just get use to applecarplay and put the phone in the wireless charger from now on. I shouldn't get in trouble that way. Also save some $$$ on a phone mount.

For reference, I use the magbak cases and magnets now. But they don't hold up cornering very well.
What are you going to do with your 36W Belkin USB-C Charger (and the similarly pricy Apple USB-C cable)?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 06:38 AM   #72
Bruuuce
the me
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornercase View Post
What are you going to do with your 36W Belkin USB-C Charger (and the similarly pricy Apple USB-C cable)?
They are for my travel needs. The charger works for the iPhone, iPad and MacBook, so its staying. That and uses in the other cars as needed.

I have basically converted to all USBc for all my travel needs. One car charger, one AC charger, less cables. Makes it easier on my back...

Sorry, not for sale, lol
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 07:33 AM   #73
MiStR StEvO
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Is there a solution to prevent the rubber Matt part under the wireless charger from getting scratched/scuffed? It makes small lines from the sliding part every time you fit your phone into the wireless charger.
2018 LBB M2 DCT
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 10:49 PM   #74
cornercase
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
They are for my travel needs. The charger works for the iPhone, iPad and MacBook, so its staying. That and uses in the other cars as needed.

I have basically converted to all USBc for all my travel needs. One car charger, one AC charger, less cables. Makes it easier on my back...

Sorry, not for sale, lol
Lol. I ended up buying one from Apple — it’s great. I figured you were gonna get rid of it since you’re going wireless cradle.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2018, 11:52 PM   #75
425M2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 - Mineral Gray

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Can the wireless charging cradle that is in the center console be removed?
Appreciate 0