BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 vs... > M2C vs M4CS

02-04-2023, 10:13 PM   #1
worry
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328d xDrive

M2C vs M4CS

hey all, have began looking for my next purchase and have come to a crossroads between these two. initially, i was sure that the m2c would be my next car but i've since learned that the m4cs (f82) is roughly around the same price point and wanted to get some input about the two cars because there's nothing that ive come across on the internet that compares the two directly. to my knowledge, they're about the same weight, have the same drivetrain and really only differ in size and some interior bits. does the +-8 inches of length really make that big of a difference (pause) does the choice really just come down to preference of looks or does one excel in something that the other doesn't? really curious to see everyones opinion on this.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2023, 03:13 PM   #2
jefe2000
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
I’ve never driven an M4 of any flavor. So take that as a caveat.

All the threads comparing M2 vs M4 — though, notably, not M4cs — on the M2 forum have basically come down to:
  • M4 rides better, has better tech and a nicer interior
  • M2 is way more fun
The emphasis in this forum seems to land on the side of fun. I’m sure you’d find opposing viewpoints that put the M4 in the lead on the M4 forum.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 10:33 AM   #3
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

If you want a manual there is only one choice. Otherwise, the post above is correct. Also the M4cs has more power stock.
      02-10-2023, 01:08 AM   #4
Reddevils7
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2CS

Garage List
2010 E92 M3  [7.83]
2020 F87 M2CS  [7.13]
I daily drove a f82 for 4 years and 65k miles and now I've owned my m2cs for about 8 months. Short answer, yes. The wheelbase definitely makes a difference imo in terms of how easily the car just takes corners and handles. It's much more manageable in terms of handling the oversteer and how the car just rotates about itself. The m4 in that regard is just pure savagery. It kicks out much more aggressively because the wheelbase is longer and it can get you into more trouble if you're not expecting it. In terms of straight line dead pulls, even in 4th gear I used to spin but I liked it lol. It''s not to say the m2 can't do it either but the m2 just wants to put the power down faster and get you going faster than the m4. However, you really can't go wrong with either car, especially if the f82 is the cs. Imo, the m4 is a more "beautiful" car. I just love the looks and stance, especially the rear of the m4 compared to the m2. The m2 gives more of a stubby aggressive look. I like both looks and it's hard to pick one over the other for me but they do give different vibes. If you are getting a m2c, my biggest recommendation would be to flash the m2cs map because the car is neutered after 5k rpm. The m4cs is also gonna give you cf hood, roof and trunk with much lighter wheels so keep that in mind too. As a daily my m2cs is better because there's more interior storage. Those door cards make a big difference for me compared to the m4cs (regular m4 also has normal doors). Also, no heads up in the m2. Neither cs models have comfort access and that's probably the biggest convenience feature I miss from my m4 but I've gotten used to it now. Also, no shift lights on the m2 but you can get the electric wheel.
Appreciate 0