BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > To all Coders- Get your hands on an M2 and code away!

12-03-2016, 05:35 PM   #67
banff
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: BMW

Not yet but soon.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2016, 05:47 PM   #68
Reid
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: white cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSurfer View Post
Is there any work around for 40mph DVD in motion limit?
This works on 2016's following the standard changes outlined in the "F30 cheat sheet".
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 12:40 PM   #69
japanaltaf
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 AW X3 M40i

Is it confirmed that our cars in the US don't have the proper shutters in the headlights for coding anti-dazzle and variable light distribution? Seems like this was the case on the F80 (for those without LED headlights). Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 05:55 PM   #70
packetpilot
Banned
Rep
Drives: California Packet
Location: Left edge of browser window beneath 'join date' obvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood74 View Post
emissions benefit at the cost of starter motor...yay?
I believe the starter motor, aside from being designed for this functionality, is barely stressed during an auto-start, due to the stopping point of the engine leveraging (a) compression and (b) ignition of the cylinder that's pre-placed for its ignition stroke.

I could be wrong, but I'll bet it's engineered to be more of a spark+combustion+compression dance than it is a starter motor strain.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 02:25 AM   #71
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux2005 View Post
Has long as you have a laptop capable of running Windows on it (WinXP or 7 are preferred I believe) then you can do it yourself. In the 2Addicts forums you can post asking for the necessary software and you'll probably get a PM pretty quick with links to download ESys and the latest psdzdata. Then it's a matter of buying a cable off ebay or the like or you may be able to make yourself one.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997749 is probably the best place to start. I would expect the M2 is going to be rather similar to the other F22/23s.

I've got ESys running on a Win7 VM on my MacBook Air and have used it to code my 228i, hopefully will do the same with my M2 next year
Windows 7-10 works (Not XP). Requires .NET Framework 4.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
It's BS and overly complicated to do it.
E-series is more complicated; different software and cable. F-/I-/G-series is rather straight forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersam View Post
Anyone have success in getting the dash backlighting to remain on during the day?
Coding does not work. Only way is a hardware mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175 View Post
Can you code the speed limit sign reading, so that it displays on the dash?
I see it on the euro cars but we have it disabled here in Aus.
Due to placement of speed limit signs on buses, it is disabled in AUS. You can enable with emulator that uses speed limit info from maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood74 View Post
Any MY17's been able to code video in motion? I'm not finding all the settings people list to remove.
It must be done through scripts as bitmask data limits speed on ID5. Alternatively, hardware mod can fool GPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevi Javi View Post
is it possible to code off the automatic start on/off when stopping/moving (in traffic)?
Possible to either set to default off or enable memory. Can also disable in Sport Mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin fed View Post
Anyone out there able to help me with remote coding of my car. I have the cable but I don't feel comfortable coding it myself.
Easy enough to do. Let me know if interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigarum View Post
The only thing I want to do is enable video in motion. Is there an easy way to enable just that?

Thanks
ID4 - Yes
ID5 - up to 63 kph, unless you activate it through scripts or hardware mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japanaltaf View Post
Is it confirmed that our cars in the US don't have the proper shutters in the headlights for coding anti-dazzle and variable light distribution? Seems like this was the case on the F80 (for those without LED headlights). Thanks!
F80/F82/F83 with LHM/TMS have correct hardware. F3x with FLE do not have micro optic shutters.
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2016, 01:56 PM   #72
japanaltaf
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post

ID4 - Yes
ID5 - up to 63 kph, unless you activate it through scripts or hardware mod.

F80/F82/F83 with LHM/TMS have correct hardware. F3x with FLE do not have micro optic shutters.
Thanks for your help Just a few follow-up questions -

1) Is there a procedure documented somewhere with the scripts for enabling Video in Motion past 63 kph?

2) How about on the F87? Both options (Anti-dazzle and VLD) won't work for me? My car has Xenon lights and -

524 - Adaptive light control
5AP - Decoding for no-dazzle high-beam assistance
8S4 - Variable Light Decoding

3) My car has the HK audio. Is it possible to enable the B&O DSP like in this thread - http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...php?p=20822706

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 02:15 PM   #73
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for your help Just a few follow-up questions -

1) Is there a procedure documented somewhere with the scripts for enabling Video in Motion past 63 kph?

2) How about on the F87? Both options (Anti-dazzle and VLD) won't work for me? My car has Xenon lights and -

524 - Adaptive light control
5AP - Decoding for no-dazzle high-beam assistance
8S4 - Variable Light Decoding

3) My car has the HK audio. Is it possible to enable the B&O DSP like in this thread - http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...php?p=20822706

Thanks again!
1. No documented procedure as it is still so new and people are selling.

2. I am not sure whether you vehicle has the optic micro shutters. You may be able to enable VLD, but NGHB will not work.

3. You can try coding B&O. I did not like the settings, but it is a personal preference. Try it out; keep if you like or switch back if you do not.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 03:01 PM   #74
japanaltaf
Private
Rep

Quote:
1. No documented procedure as it is still so new and people are selling.

2. I am not sure whether you vehicle has the optic micro shutters. You may be able to enable VLD, but NGHB will not work.

3. You can try coding B&O. I did not like the settings, but it is a personal preference. Try it out; keep if you like or switch back if you do not.
Thank you for your help Almaretto
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 10:07 PM   #75
japanaltaf
Private
Rep

So I coded the B&O option using this -

HU_NBT2
3000 -> HIGH_END_AUDIO_MENUE set to: volle_insz

but I don't think it is doing anything in my car? Yes, it shows up, but it takes ~20 seconds to change from Studio to Expanded and vice-versa. I have a feeling that because our cars didn't come with the L7 Surround setting, we may not have the hardware for this?

Anybody else coded this and have any feedback?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 11:48 PM   #76
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
So I coded the B&O option using this -

HU_NBT2
3000 -> HIGH_END_AUDIO_MENUE set to: volle_insz

but I don't think it is doing anything in my car? Yes, it shows up, but it takes ~20 seconds to change from Studio to Expanded and vice-versa. I have a feeling that because our cars didn't come with the L7 Surround setting, we may not have the hardware for this?

Anybody else coded this and have any feedback?
I tried on F15 HK, F10 HK, and F10 Hifi. In all three systems, there was a clear difference. But, I did not really like it. Only on the Hifi system did the switching between studio and expanded have a delay.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2016, 12:06 AM   #77
japanaltaf
Private
Rep

Quote:
I tried on F15 HK, F10 HK, and F10 Hifi. In all three systems, there was a clear difference. But, I did not really like it. Only on the Hifi system did the switching between studio and expanded have a delay.
I have an F87 HK. I believe the F15 HK and F10 HK both have the L7 Surround but mine does not. May explain why there is a delay on mine and the F10 HiFi? When you say there was a clear difference do you mean a difference before / after coding or between the studio / expanded or all of the above?

Thanks for your help
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2016, 12:32 AM   #78
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I have an F87 HK. I believe the F15 HK and F10 HK both have the L7 Surround but mine does not. May explain why there is a delay on mine and the F10 HiFi? When you say there was a clear difference do you mean a difference before / after coding or between the studio / expanded or all of the above?

Thanks for your help
I neither like the B&O Expanded or L7 Surround because, to me, it gives a fake "concert hall"-like sound quality. I prefer cleaner studio to live recording with separate musical components (ie different mics for various music instruments and vocals). But, yes, both have L7.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2016, 11:02 AM   #79
japanaltaf
Private
Rep

Quote:
I neither like the B&O Expanded or L7 Surround because, to me, it gives a fake "concert hall"-like sound quality. I prefer cleaner studio to live recording with separate musical components (ie different mics for various music instruments and vocals). But, yes, both have L7.
Totally understand and appreciate that

I know it's not worth worrying about, but a small, insistent voice in my head just wants to understand if the option works on my car or not
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 01:06 AM   #80
Mint
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 6MT

Anyone in the Los Angeles area interested in coding my M2. Willing to pay for your time of course please PM me if so.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 10:32 AM   #81
fatumpsch
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BSM M2, 6MT, exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint View Post
Anyone in the Los Angeles area interested in coding my M2. Willing to pay for your time of course please PM me if so.
European Auto Source (EAS) is in Anaheim. Seems they do lots of coding. https://europeanautosource.com/services#coding
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 11:47 AM   #82
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint View Post
I am in Los Angeles and could code your M2. PM Sent.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 12:04 PM   #83
kevin @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatumpsch View Post
European Auto Source (EAS) is in Anaheim. Seems they do lots of coding. https://europeanautosource.com/services#coding
PM Sent

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2016, 12:01 PM   #84
imyourmaster
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Anyone in South East Florida who can code M2?

Could someone perhaps generate a list of coders here?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2016, 07:25 AM   #85
Ian ///M
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 AW M2 (DCT)

Same here; I am in Washington DC basically, looking for coding . Would like auto fold mirrors etc . PM me if you are out there. This was the closest I could get via search
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2016, 08:09 PM   #86
HawaiiG80Green
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian ///M View Post
Same here; I am in Washington DC basically, looking for coding . Would like auto fold mirrors etc . PM me if you are out there. This was the closest I could get via search
If you wer close i would do it for you buddy! I do all the coding in our island.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 03:28 PM   #87
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

Tried some coding with that Icarly app. Not much to do that I would want. It also says my idrive 5 is not supported yet so I cant get rid of the legal screen. What are you guys using ro code the idrive stuff?
      01-01-2017, 08:51 PM   #88
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
Tried some coding with that Icarly app. Not much to do that I would want. It also says my idrive 5 is not supported yet so I cant get rid of the legal screen. What are you guys using ro code the idrive stuff?
E-sys and ENET. Easy to use and gives the most functionality.
Appreciate 0