BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Cutting xpel while on car

11-09-2018, 07:53 AM   #1
Mr 2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Cutting xpel while on car

So I got my film done when I picked up my car at Spartanburg. Yesterday I pulled my front grills only to find the installer did not cut it properly and some of the xpel was attached to the grill. Needless to say I pulled it up some.

Any recommendations on how to cut Xpel while on the car?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 01:55 PM   #2
CeeTH
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

I would think you could go to your installer and they could cut off the excess that was attached to the grill no charge.

I had the same issue when replacing my front reflectors with the painted IND replacements where a corner of the reflector had some XPEL attached and so my installer cut the part off that was stuck (and now loose) to the reflector + a tad bit more on the bumper so that what's remaining still sticks flush and not noticeable.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 01:47 PM   #3
Mr 2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

I was able to pull up and cut off the bad pieces. Dirt clung to the back so it was really bad looking. Looks much better now. This stuff is pretty hard to cut even with a fresh razor blade
Appreciate 0