BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > New BM3 OTS Maps

02-09-2021, 11:04 AM   #45
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_C_ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Your settings appear to make it so rev match would only be off in Sport.
But I GOT rev matching in Sport mode ONLY.

Yesterday I tried to set "On" for DSC OFF mode, rev matching is back. So I guess I better stick to "On" or "Off" instead of "OEM".
Definitely buggy.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 09:59 PM   #46
iiNNeX
rwd = fun
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4CP

Garage List
2018 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsamdar View Post
Could you perhaps post a vid of how the load drop lag is fixed on the 6mt? This has really been bugging me on my 6mt...
I would be interested to see this also, it is literally the only reason I am considering BM3, I don't want more power just the bloody lag fixed lol

Gone: '18 M2 LCI Manual, '02 E46 M3 SMG, '05 E46 M3 Manual
Appreciate 1
samsamdar569.50
      02-10-2021, 12:51 AM   #47
samsamdar
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [6.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceCity View Post
Any ideas when rolling antilag and map switching will release? That's what I'm waiting for to buy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceCity View Post
Any ideas when rolling antilag and map switching will release? That's what I'm waiting for to buy.
No official update from PTF in a while... Keep in mind though, they'll probably release the S55 versions of it first.
      02-13-2021, 12:05 PM   #48
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiNNeX View Post
I would be interested to see this also, it is literally the only reason I am considering BM3, I don't want more power just the bloody lag fixed lol
I’m not sure how this would be done with a video. The lag is something that you feel, and could measure, but you probably wouldn’t see it visually.

Someone might capture some logs and then you could compare with the logs in the long thread I started about this long ago.

To be honest, the issue is so fixed, you should just trust everyone’s comments and go get the tune. As far as I’m aware, I was the first on this forum to bring up the issue and document it ad nausea. I also tried everything I could to fix it, and reported on that failing too. I’d hope that would give me credibility you can trust when I say it is now fixed.... I’m also British and therefore a gentleman and wouldn’t lie ;-)

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 1
iiNNeX18.50
      02-15-2021, 11:19 PM   #49
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Anyone notice that the comfort & sport throttle mappings on these OTS V5.9 tunes is different to stock (at least iStep F020-18-11-531 from December 2018)?

The throttle differences when switching between Comfort/Sport/Sport+ remind me of my car with the original July 17 LCI iStep, at steady low throttle positions there are very noticeable increases with each change from Comfort to Sport to Sport+.

I remember noticing a change when my iStep was updated December 18, at the same steady low throttle positions there is barely a change going from Comfort to Sport (no change up to I think 20% pedal position) but then a dramatic change going Sport to Sport+.

I've just done short drives on v5.9 Stage 2 91 & 93 & my stock tunes. With v5.9 Comfort feels just slightly more sluggish than stock while Sport is definitely more sensitive than the stock Sport.

I didn't have an opportunity to really test the 6MT load drop fix but that lag hasn't been an issue for me shifting fast with the Auto Solutions SSK. Before the SSK or if I shift fractionally slower the lag was/is there. I've gone to an OTS tune temporarily as it seems there are issues with my Jordan custom tune, have to say though the custom throttle feature (I had Sport in place of deleted Sport+) makes Sport+/MDM much more useable.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 09:46 PM   #50
CantComplain
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT AW M2

I've been on 5.7 Stage 2 91 ACN probably since about when it was released and just logged on and saw that there's an update. Googled WTF the "6MT gearshift load drop fix" was and found this thread. Super stoked to try it.

But it looks to me like upgraded intercooler is now required. Before it was "recommended." I know everyone felt it was required anyway, but I don't track it and really only reserve the full pedal for the occasional glory run, never when it's 110F, etc., and haven't experienced any issues. So the $24,000 (replacement engine cost) question is: is there any functional difference impacting IAT that would truly be different between 5.7 and 5.9?

Thanks for any educated or informed responses.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 06:56 AM   #51
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantComplain View Post
I've been on 5.7 Stage 2 91 ACN probably since about when it was released and just logged on and saw that there's an update. Googled WTF the "6MT gearshift load drop fix" was and found this thread. Super stoked to try it.

But it looks to me like upgraded intercooler is now required. Before it was "recommended." I know everyone felt it was required anyway, but I don't track it and really only reserve the full pedal for the occasional glory run, never when it's 110F, etc., and haven't experienced any issues. So the $24,000 (replacement engine cost) question is: is there any functional difference impacting IAT that would truly be different between 5.7 and 5.9?

Why not just try Stage 1 91? seriously the 6MT load drop fix really improves upshifting performance. I also have it on my custom Stage 2 tune (I dumped the Jordan tune and got another done locally), car drives so much better.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 10:25 AM   #52
CantComplain
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m View Post
Why not just try Stage 1 91?
Stage 2 is more fun! I'm just trying to get an idea if it's now more risky IAT-wise than it was before with 5.7.

I never really messed around much with Stage 1, and my recollection from threads back in the day was that the N55-based M2 was pretty dialed from the factory and Stage 1 didn't do much. Agree that it would be worth the price of admission for the lag fix regardless, but of course I want it alllllll

I'll do the update to the 5.9 map and probably stay on Stage 2 but be even more cautious until I get confidence I'm not endangering my mill.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 10:48 AM   #53
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Stage 2 is more fun! I'm just trying to get an idea if it's now more risky IAT-wise than it was before with 5.7.

I never really messed around much with Stage 1, and my recollection from threads back in the day was that the N55-based M2 was pretty dialed from the factory and Stage 1 didn't do much. Agree that it would be worth the price of admission for the lag fix regardless, but of course I want it alllllll

I'll do the update to the 5.9 map and probably stay on Stage 2 but be even more cautious until I get confidence I'm not endangering my mill.
All the 5.9 maps now have “Load changes at high intake air temperature” in the descriptions, but I haven’t logged enough to see this in action.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 10:56 AM   #54
CantComplain
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
All the 5.9 maps now have “Load changes at high intake air temperature” in the descriptions, but I haven’t logged enough to see this in action.
Wow, like it would revert to a less aggressive tune at high IAT? I've just been quietly minding my own beeswax for the last year or 2, but it really seems like BM3 has been upping their game.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 02:35 PM   #55
designatedposter
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Wow, like it would revert to a less aggressive tune at high IAT? I've just been quietly minding my own beeswax for the last year or 2, but it really seems like BM3 has been upping their game.
stock tune pulls power when IAT is past a threshold. OTS tunes keep this safety 'feature', however the changelog imply that the tables were revised.
      07-01-2021, 05:29 AM   #56
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:

With the stock IC on stage 2 you're likely not getting full power anyway with high IATs so really no reason to run it.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 09:05 AM   #57
designatedposter
Captain
Rep

i just looked into the n55 ewg (non M2) stock tune and looks like when IAT is above 75C, then load is reduced.

fun fact: i then overlaid the m2 map over it to see the difference.. and it seems the m2 map does not limit the load per IAT??
Attached Images

07-01-2021, 09:33 AM   #58
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by designatedposter View Post
i just looked into the n55 ewg (non M2) stock tune and looks like when IAT is above 75C, then load is reduced.

fun fact: i then overlaid the m2 map over it to see the difference.. and it seems the m2 map does not limit the load per IAT??
Nice find!

75C/167F is hot! The map should just turn your car off and not let you drive if it gets that high!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 09:48 AM   #59
bentom2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Nice find!

75C/167F is hot! The map should just turn your car off and not let you drive if it gets that high!
I was seeing temps in excess of 180F on track last weekend on a 88-90F afternoon session. 100% stock tune and hardware. So unfortunately 167is well within the range of normal operation. Would be interesting to see what a stock M2 would see somewhere that actually gets hot.

I was waiting for the warranty to expire next year to modify the powertrain, but those temps, and the noticeable drop in power convinced me to upgrade the IC.
Appreciate 1
ZM22783.50
      07-01-2021, 10:15 AM   #60
designatedposter
Captain
Rep

FYI, here's the stock n55 ewg (non-m2) iat compensation. the values in the center are load multipliers
Attached Images

07-01-2021, 11:44 AM   #61
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentom2 View Post
I was seeing temps in excess of 180F on track last weekend on a 88-90F afternoon session. 100% stock tune and hardware. So unfortunately 167is well within the range of normal operation. Would be interesting to see what a stock M2 would see somewhere that actually gets hot.

I was waiting for the warranty to expire next year to modify the powertrain, but those temps, and the noticeable drop in power convinced me to upgrade the IC.
That’s wild. I never logged on track with stock hardware, so I guess I was hitting those temps, too!

The highest IAT I’ve seen on a 100F track day was ~160F. That was with my Dinan Stage 4 setup (Dinan turbo, Dinantronics, Dinan IC) and stock downpipe.

So far the highest IAT I’ve seen on a 100F day with Stg 2+ E30, 300-cell DP, and the Wagner Evo3 is ~135F, but I need to get some more logs.

Last edited by ZM2; 07-01-2021 at 11:53 AM..
Appreciate 1
bentom2335.50
      07-01-2021, 11:58 AM   #62
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by designatedposter View Post
FYI, here's the stock n55 ewg (non-m2) iat compensation. the values in the center are load multipliers
Interesting. I guess the M2 map just relies on the OEM DME timing pull to reduce power with high IATs?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 12:25 PM   #63
designatedposter
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Interesting. I guess the M2 map just relies on the OEM DME timing pull to reduce power with high IATs?
the map editor doesn't allow me to just open the m2 map since that is not my car. it only allows me to overlay the m2 map over my n55 ewg map for learning purposes. as seen in the screen capture i previously posted, where i overlayed m2 map, the values are all 1.. indicating no reduction in load when IAT rises.. so either i am missing something, like another table.. OR, the map overlay feature is buggy in this respect.

if you have an m2, then go into map editor and open the same table and let us know what the stock m2 map does for IAT compensation.
      07-06-2021, 01:02 PM   #64
cesarortiz23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw m2 lci

i just tried the 5.9 update on mine and yes huge difference alot smoother on first gear
car feels alot stronger.
huge noticeable differences when letting off the throttle is not as harsh from stock
When letting off the gas is a huge harsh feeling that you let get when letting off the gas if that makes any sense
Also the braappp sound after letting off the gas that's also a noticeable thing is not as harsh from stock witch I personally love

I love the huge brappp sound after letting off the gas or in between gears

other than shit feels amazing and stong af
      07-06-2021, 01:58 PM   #65
CalAcacian
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

This isn't necessarily related to this specific update, but I would really like to see some changes to initial throttle on Sport+.

At least on my DCT car, I essentially cannot drive off from a cold start in Sport+ with out a very strong jerking. Essentially, on very light throttle (just moving around a parking lots speeds/acceleration) the car will surge up and down in power so that a smooth takeoff at low speeds is nearly impossible.

Does anyone else experience this, or is it just an idiosyncrasy of my car?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 03:25 PM   #66
Dj_Quik
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalAcacian View Post
This isn't necessarily related to this specific update, but I would really like to see some changes to initial throttle on Sport+.

At least on my DCT car, I essentially cannot drive off from a cold start in Sport+ with out a very strong jerking. Essentially, on very light throttle (just moving around a parking lots speeds/acceleration) the car will surge up and down in power so that a smooth takeoff at low speeds is nearly impossible.

Does anyone else experience this, or is it just an idiosyncrasy of my car?
I believe thats the nature of sport+ throttle mapping. Basically 50% throttle input is like 100% throttle. Thats why anlot of people prefer driving around in sport throttle mapping coz its more linear
Appreciate 0