BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > OPF Deleter that works is here...

07-26-2023, 06:50 AM   #23
Crossmax
Rep
Drives: M2 CS DCT HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW1973 View Post
I installed two months ago the LEIB OPF DELETER on 2021 M2cs.
Its works fine so far..
The only issue was that it took more then 1 hour disconnect the two sensors from the stock downpipes and installing them back again
Only a small hand person can do it! the rest of the work was not to complicated.
Hi there! Any updates now a couple of years later? Still happy with the LEIB OPF Deleter on the M2 cs? Which exhaust system are you running on the car?

Also interested in everyone elses long-term review of the LEIB OPF delete module!

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2024, 04:11 PM   #24
cwunch
Turkey
Rep
Drives: M2cs

Hi, I am Planning to remove the opf’s of my m2cs, keeping the original cats, mid resonator and the back box. Hoping to increase the exhaust sound note, a bit…

Some says there will be check engine lights, some says no. Has anyone tried the original setup, by only removing opf’s ? (I do not want to deal with remap,for now)

Best regards,
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 05:20 AM   #25
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwunch View Post
Hi, I am Planning to remove the opf’s of my m2cs, keeping the original cats, mid resonator and the back box. Hoping to increase the exhaust sound note, a bit…

Some says there will be check engine lights, some says no. Has anyone tried the original setup, by only removing opf’s ? (I do not want to deal with remap,for now)

Best regards,
100% you will have CEL and limp mode.

Some early M2C like mine (2018) run ok with no OPF, but they were updated to be more sensitive so now it won't work.

If yours is a CS for sure it will be later one.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2024, 04:51 AM   #26
mcmoroquin
Spain
Rep
Drives: bmw m2cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW1973 View Post
I installed two months ago the LEIB OPF DELETER on 2021 M2cs.
Its works fine so far..
The only issue was that it took more then 1 hour disconnect the two sensors from the stock downpipes and installing them back again
Only a small hand person can do it! the rest of the work was not to complicated.
Buenos días a todos ... hace unos días instale en mi coche un akrapovic completo y me he llevado una desilusión porque me entro en modo de protección , no quiero tocar la centralita y viendo esta solución que comentáis estaría pensando en esta opción
Veo que no hay muchas luces buenas sobre esto, alguna experiencia nueva que puedan comentar

Gracias

Good morning everyone... a few days ago I installed a complete akrapovic in my car and I was disappointed because it went into protection mode, I don't want to touch the control unit and seeing this solution that you mention I would be thinking about this option...
I see that there are not many good lights on this, any new experience that you can comment on.

Thanks
Appreciate 0