BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Official M2 / M2 Competition Quotes, Pricing and Lease Rates Thread

04-21-2020, 10:32 AM   #177
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Hey, your insights are definitely valuable as well. And obviously ///AVM provides so much value to everything he posts

I wish you can get one for $52K. However, based on my personal experience pre-COVID, it's about $56K best price with executive package and the dealer added carbon mirror caps, etc. during Covid, it's a hit or miss based on the supply argument I mentioned earlier. But if we assume all is well and dealers are motivated to move, I would think $1-2K more off that price? The reason I say this is because the dealer I worked with was pretty incentivize to move and they would not budge under $56K. However, they were willing to ship it to me. So account for around $1K shipping cost they would spend out of their pockets
Just signed at 10% off MSRP. So I think that meets your criteria? Although my spec had DCT and Exec in LBB, so out the door price was something like 57k. If you take off DCT, you're at about 54.
Well done and enjoy!

Maybe it's already too late, but make sure they don't overcharge you on the Doc fees or any other miscellaneous fees. And of course, throw in the rubber floor mats. They're great in keeping the car clean
      04-21-2020, 12:20 PM   #178
drledford93
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Ford Focus RS (RIP), C43 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainen View Post
Just signed at 10% off MSRP. So I think that meets your criteria? Although my spec had DCT and Exec in LBB, so out the door price was something like 57k. If you take off DCT, you're at about 54.
Wow! $54 out the door for 6MT? Great job! Did they bend easily or did it take a lot of begging and cajoling?
Appreciate 1
Alex2x313.50
      04-27-2020, 06:20 AM   #179
deosaa9
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Looking to purchase E90 M3 6MT

hi all,

First time BMW buyer here located in NYC. Looking to buy for my husband who has been lusting over an M3 for over 10 years and M2C more recently. Ideally before May 30 (his bday). We have funds to buy but would prefer to finance or lease (if the terms were favorable) given interest rates are low.

Here's the car he wants: manual, black/silver/blue/MAYBE orange, black wheels, blue stitching interior, exec package (strong nice to have for me!), moonroof is nice to have for me. I am willing to make us travel pretty far out to find this combination bc this is too big of a purchase to settle on.

Pricing: MSRP for the options above is ~$64k. Based off this thread it looks like 8-10% off MSRP is reasonable based on current market conditions. Based off that my goal is to cover sales tax which at ~8.5% is $5.5k. So my Out the Door price is <=$58.5k. Is that reasonable? We have excellent credit and hope to lock in 2.49% or below -- any advice on how to secure this beyond just have the right credit threshold?

Inventory: Again as a first time buyer any advice on how to find the right car? Not looking for a referral. Looking to understand if I am going about the search correctly: I've been searching BMW inventory on their site or auto trader and then contacting dealerships. This feels inefficient.. is there a better way to find the car we want? A couple that fit his description are listed 'on the way' to dealership on BMW site. How do I enquire about these? Again I am willing to travel pretty far (i.e. Boston or DC) to get the right specced car at a price that works for everyone.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 08:02 PM   #180
drledford93
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Ford Focus RS (RIP), C43 AMG

Assuming the MSRP is $64k and you get 10% off, you're looking at $57.6k + $6k tax =$63.6k. 10% off basically covers the tax + a little. Don't forget title and license costs. I'd say MSRP out the door would be more like it.

As someone else pointed out, always bargain with the out the door price, nothing else. Let them skew the numbers whichever way they need to fit YOUR deal.

Last edited by drledford93; 04-30-2020 at 08:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 09:49 AM   #181
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

My region has a sweet 0.9 offer for May
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-01-2020, 10:08 AM   #182
G80S58
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 Xdrive, X3 M40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
any rebates this month?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 08:42 PM   #183
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAMAZIN View Post
Quote:
any rebates this month?
I asked a couple stores and haven't heard back .
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 07:35 AM   #184
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Quote:
Based on Jason's common update for may - no changes for May programming. MF/RV remained same. Highly unlikely bmw would offer incentives for M2C considering 2xx cars remain.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 08:45 AM   #185
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
Quote:
Based on Jason's common update for may - no changes for May programming. MF/RV remained same. Highly unlikely bmw would offer incentives for M2C considering 2xx cars remain.
I asked about loyalty for financing . I felt that Was reasonable given the new offers On bmw USA
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 06:37 AM   #186
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
Quote:
I asked about loyalty for financing . I felt that Was reasonable given the new offers On bmw USA
@Jason I'm assuming no update to May m2 programming? 36/10 = 53% and .00118?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 09:22 PM   #187
FLYIN'
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp, M550i, X545e

0.9% financing for the M2 is a huge deal. I got the same deal on my i8 with a balloon payment at the end of the term which is basically a no interest loan if you are a smart investor. Since my European Delivery was cancelled on my M2 due to be delivered at the end of the month now I'm looking at locking in a 2021 model for 2020 European delivery pricing in August and a 0.9% interest rate. Probably still does not make up for my lost hotel and first class flight already paid for though.
'21 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 09:50 PM   #188
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN' View Post
0.9% financing for the M2 is a huge deal. I got the same deal on my i8 with a balloon payment at the end of the term which is basically a no interest loan if you are a smart investor. Since my European Delivery was cancelled on my M2 due to be delivered at the end of the month now I'm looking at locking in a 2021 model for 2020 European delivery pricing in August and a 0.9% interest rate. Probably still does not make up for my lost hotel and first class flight already paid for though.
Are you saying you're looking to receive the car in August or order it in August?

Also, none of the dealers I spoke to could lock anything in for MY21 since it as not been announced. Are you hearing something different?
      05-06-2020, 01:49 PM   #189
mattssi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3

Heck yeah, 0.9% offer here too!
      05-10-2020, 08:01 AM   #190
FLYIN'
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp, M550i, X545e

Quote:
Quote:
Are you saying you're looking to receive the car in August or order it in August?

Also, none of the dealers I spoke to could lock anything in for MY21 since it as not been announced. Are you hearing something different?
Receive it in August. Looks like M2 production will not immediately start up so an August delivery is a July production vehicle. Should be one of the last '20 vehicles I guess. Report is no changes in the '21 model year other than probably a bump in price. BMW said they will let me know when the production starts up again but Germany is still having supply chain issues affecting production.
'21 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 08:19 AM   #191
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Receive it in August. Looks like M2 production will not immediately start up so an August delivery is a July production vehicle. Should be one of the last '20 vehicles I guess. Report is no changes in the '21 model year other than probably a bump in price. BMW said they will let me know when the production starts up again but Germany is still having supply chain issues affecting production.
Gotcha. I am currently in process of finalize a deal with my dealer for a '21. I thought I read somewhere the M2C will resume production on 5/18.

Regardless, no ETA as of yet, but I'm happy I will be getting the last year production of the M2C for what it's worth. I guess I don't expect any changes either. Especially when the only difference between MY19 to MY21 was a slightly tinted rear lights.
      05-11-2020, 12:29 PM   #192
m3legacy
Semi-enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Audi RS3 Nardo Gray

Quote:
Gotcha. I am currently in process of finalize a deal with my dealer for a '21. I thought I read somewhere the M2C will resume production on 5/18.

Regardless, no ETA as of yet, but I'm happy I will be getting the last year production of the M2C for what it's worth. I guess I don't expect any changes either. Especially when the only difference between MY19 to MY21 was a slightly tinted rear lights.
So after 3 months of negotiating for ~10% off sticker, flying you down to pick the car up or even delivering it to you, you're now going to WAIT to get a '21 ?

Ah well. But I have to ask you. According to your profile you are in NYC, yes ? How is your tax rate 6% ?

Oh, and do you have any idea where one can NOW get 10% off the sticker ?

(Oh #2. Is there a board rule about not revealing a dealer's name ?)

TIA
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2020, 01:06 PM   #193
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3legacy View Post
So after 3 months of negotiating for ~10% off sticker, flying you down to pick the car up or even delivering it to you, you're now going to WAIT to get a '21 ?

Ah well. But I have to ask you. According to your profile you are in NYC, yes ? How is your tax rate 6% ?

Oh, and do you have any idea where one can NOW get 10% off the sticker ?

(Oh #2. Is there a board rule about not revealing a dealer's name ?)

TIA
I have been through quite a journey and you don't know half of it! I almost bought a ND Miata and a 911 before I came to this conclusion.

Anyways, the reason I turned down the 11.5%+ offer was because I felt like it was compromised in terms of what I wanted. But right now, if I do a factory order, I know I will have the exact options I'm looking for. Another reason I was hesitant on picking up a car on lot was because I really wanted to do Performance Center Delivery. But at this point its moot...In hindsight, maybe I should have taken the on lot offer. Also, I referred this vehicle to a forum member and it has since been sold.

Regarding tax, I split my time between NYC and PA. However, PA is my residency, thus 6% tax. And thank God for that!

Re: 10% off now...I posted about this awhile ago, however, it is actually a lot more difficult to get 10% in today's market. Short summary:

1. Dealers have furloughed a large percentage of workforce, thus decreasing operational expenditures
2. BMW Corporate have given incentives for dealers to manage the amount of vehicles on their lots.
3. No supply of new M2C coming to the US until at least end of July/early August due to factories reopening mid-May. Supply and demand, from a business perspective, it actually makes sense for dealers to hold and remain relatively rigid on pricing
4. "Revenge buying" - in economics, it is common after a halt in consumerism that when businesses open up, there will be more people buying everything for a short time. This is also relevant in the auto industry and dealers have been pretty busy

Now this is not to say you can't get a good deal. A good friend on the forum (you know who you're) got a fantastic deal on a DCT car that has been sitting on a dealer's lot for ages. Overall, DCTs are much easier to get deals than manuals. Which I think works in your favor?

There is a dealer who was being pretty aggressive from what I have been told. Trust me, I emailed a lot of dealers during my hunt.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 11:32 AM   #194
JggyM2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

re: Any advice for discount off MSRP in socal area?

Quote:
I have been through quite a journey and you don't know half of it! I almost bought a ND Miata and a 911 before I came to this conclusion.

Anyways, the reason I turned down the 11.5%+ offer was because I felt like it was compromised in terms of what I wanted. But right now, if I do a factory order, I know I will have the exact options I'm looking for. Another reason I was hesitant on picking up a car on lot was because I really wanted to do Performance Center Delivery. But at this point its moot...In hindsight, maybe I should have taken the on lot offer. Also, I referred this vehicle to a forum member and it has since been sold.

Regarding tax, I split my time between NYC and PA. However, PA is my residency, thus 6% tax. And thank God for that!

Re: 10% off now...I posted about this awhile ago, however, it is actually a lot more difficult to get 10% in today's market. Short summary:

1. Dealers have furloughed a large percentage of workforce, thus decreasing operational expenditures
2. BMW Corporate have given incentives for dealers to manage the amount of vehicles on their lots.
3. No supply of new M2C coming to the US until at least end of July/early August due to factories reopening mid-May. Supply and demand, from a business perspective, it actually makes sense for dealers to hold and remain relatively rigid on pricing
4. "Revenge buying" - in economics, it is common after a halt in consumerism that when businesses open up, there will be more people buying everything for a short time. This is also relevant in the auto industry and dealers have been pretty busy

Now this is not to say you can't get a good deal. A good friend on the forum (you know who you're) got a fantastic deal on a DCT car that has been sitting on a dealer's lot for ages. Overall, DCTs are much easier to get deals than manuals. Which I think works in your favor?

There is a dealer who was being pretty aggressive from what I have been told. Trust me, I emailed a lot of dealers during my hunt.
Any tips to chase a discount off MSRP in Socal area? Or know any contacts or dealerships with decent discounts?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 11:45 AM   #195
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JggyM2 View Post
Quote:

Any tips to chase a discount off MSRP in Socal area? Or know any contacts or dealerships with decent discounts?
My advice would be shop outside of SoCal. It's pretty simple, go on Autotrader to see vehicles in your spec and just email the dealers with your offer.
      06-03-2020, 12:48 AM   #196
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Updated with June program -- no changes.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 12:33 PM   #197
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Updated with July rates - no changes.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 03:48 PM   #198
ADDONE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M40i 2019 X5 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Updated with July rates - no changes.
Thank you. Does the 0.9% apply to 2021 M2 Comp. models?
Appreciate 0