BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Noelle Performance review

Closed Thread

12-28-2019, 06:06 PM   #1
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi M sport--2014 M6

Noelle Performance review

Hello folks,

The time has come. I recently had the tune and turner crank hub plate installed on my 2020 M2c. Since last Monday night, I have put approximately 1300 miles on the car, and they have certainly been the most exciting miles yet.

I just want to start off by saying, I have no affiliation with this company in any way, and in fact, just heard their name for the first time about 10 days ago. Since then I have spoken at length with Ron the head sales guy in GA, as well as the owner of the local install shop. I have done as much research as possible with the limited info out there about Noelle, and their amazing product line. I now come to you with first hand knowledge, and the excitement is very real for me.

I had the tune installed at JCL in PA as it was the closest location to where I was going to be for the holidays. I drove 193 miles each way for this puppy. Chris is the very knowledgeable and awesome owner of JCL, and he did the install himself with one of his guys. This was the first S55 he had done this tune for so there was some learning curve for them, but everything Came together very nicely.I want to thank them very much for all the great work!!!

Ron who is the head Sales guy in the USA for Noelle, is also very knowledgeable and has been in the biz a long time, and is highly respected by folks like Chris. I also want to thank him for answering any and all of my questions!

The gist is this. These guys claim Huuuuuuggggggee gains. 600hp 550 something Tq. All with just a tune. Catch for us S55 guys is we need the crank bolt capture installed too. Which only takes a couple hours. Why should we bother or believe this craziness, especially with such stringent warranty guidelines?!?!?

I can only attest to my experience.

I took the chance because I asked a few knowledgeable people about the products, and the men standing behind them, and I Heard nothing but good things. I was also so very curious. Is this possible? Really?!?! But in the end I had enough faith, and decided to take the plunge.

My experience thus far has been nothing short of breathtaking. If you read the website, you are not just tuning you car for speed, you are tuning the entire vehicle itself, and my experience confirms it.

The speed and power is amazing. The car is very likely meeting the claimed figures. I may dyno the car, but at this point not going to go out of the way for it. If someone knows a good spot in Charlotte NC, please PM me. Over the last few days I have pegged the speedometer at 180 several times. Almost effortlessly. Never broke 165 before in any of my other cars so, it’s been a real treat to speed. I have been very safe and careful, but I’ll be gotdammed if this upgrade doesn’t make you want to just drive to the moon.

More importantly the cars stability and traction control systems are MUCH better. I also feel the steering seems a bit more dynamic, especially in comfort mode.

The throttle response is insane. Comfort now feels like sport plus did. Sport plus make me feel like I’m gaining 100 horses. It’s just insane power, and precision, leading to great speed figures.

I haven’t timed anything or done anything science like, but from 60mph it pulls on my father M5C, and runs pretty damn well with its 911 turbo overlords.

This thing is fricken magic if I ever saw a magic trick.

To be entirely honest, Im very glad it’s price will keep some out of the market for cheaper options, because the last thing we need is to be looked at like mustang drivers. If you don’t know how to drive and react well, this is definitely dangerous kill your self power.

At this point I’d like to list pros and cons, but there are literally NO cons. Gas mileage for me has only gone down a tad bit, and likely just because I’ve been hammering it so much lately. Got 241 miles on a full tank today driving from DC to Charlotte. Which is about 20 miles less then usual. Was cruising most of the way though. The price is not bad at all to me for what you are getting, especially warranty considered.If it was 5k, knowing what I know now, I would have Stil paid that.

This has been an amazing car experience from the beginning with the M2c for me. From the day we picked it up from the Performance Center. This upgrade makes me want to drive it even more. It’s quite literally like a drug now, I have to get my hit every few hours.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year! Good luck with your cars!

Last edited by btbossman; 12-29-2019 at 07:23 AM..
Appreciate 4
pz6193274.00
NOS4A218.00
mcvaughan702.00
      12-29-2019, 12:07 AM   #2
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Don't see how an engine tune would improve the traction and stability control or steering. Color me a skeptic.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 02:35 AM   #3
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Don't see how an engine tune would improve the traction and stability control or steering. Color me a skeptic.
Well, again. Doesn’t seem to be an engine tune. The entire vehicle feels different in a positive way. It’s really a true ECU software upgrade. I really don’t know much about electronics and whatnot, but whatever it is, it feels magical.

Last edited by btbossman; 12-29-2019 at 05:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 10:14 AM   #4
BLOJOE
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by btbossman View Post
Well, again. Doesn’t seem to be an engine tune. The entire vehicle feels different in a positive way. It’s really a true ECU software upgrade. I really don’t know much about electronics and whatnot, but whatever it is, it feels magical.
So based on this “The Smoking Tire” video of the Noelle Performance upgrades on an M5 (not a comp) at 2:15 the Noelle rep (Jake?) explains that the mods not only affect the engine but also the tranny, dif, traction control, etc (this all depends on what is electronically adjustable in your car) for a “fully integrated tune”. They are NOT just tuning the engine ONLY like other tunes.

Based on your review this is exactly what happened to your M2C.

This seems like a good way to go and based on your review makes the car drive not just faster but better in many ways (obviously better is in the eyes of the beholder).
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 12:55 PM   #5
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOJOE View Post
So based on this “The Smoking Tire” video of the Noelle Performance upgrades on an M5 (not a comp) at 2:15 the Noelle rep (Jake?) explains that the mods not only affect the engine but also the tranny, dif, traction control, etc (this all depends on what is electronically adjustable in your car) for a “fully integrated tune”. They are NOT just tuning the engine ONLY like other tunes.

Based on your review this is exactly what happened to your M2C.

This seems like a good way to go and based on your review makes the car drive not just faster but better in many ways (obviously better is in the eyes of the beholder).
Indeed. This is the video that got me started on this, so thanks to whoever first posted it here.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 09:18 PM   #6
Dark-Yoda
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 BSM M2C

Garage List
im curious how this stacks of against the carbahn tune. but either way, glad to here it's everything its made up to be! enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 01:23 PM   #7
Dutch Devotion
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80M3 - M2 comp ETA 14.10.2019

So it is like bootmod3 flashing an engine tune + a GTS tranny tune + throttle response.

Yes that does transform your car but please stop saying they are doing something very unique and special. This is what Ecutec Racerom was doing in 2010 on pre dinosaur engines (EJ257). That is about a decade ago..........even additional features that were not OEM were simply plugged in: flatfoot shifting, rev matching, gear dependent boost, flex fuel sensors, throttle response, I don't know what, but it was a lot!

Then after my 5th wrecked subaru engine I bought an BMW

And I am not a hater !!
(just to be sure )

Last edited by Dutch Devotion; 12-30-2019 at 01:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 01:38 PM   #8
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Devotion View Post
So it is like bootmod3 flashing an engine tune + a GTS tranny tune + throttle response.

Yes that does transform your car but please stop saying they are doing something very unique and special. This is what Ecutec Racerom was doing in 2010 on pre dinosaur engines (EJ257). That is about a decade ago..........even additional features that were not OEM were simply plugged in: flatfoot shifting, rev matching, gear dependent boost, flex fuel sensors, throttle response, I don't know what, but it was a lot!

And I am not a hater !!
(just to be sure )
Right... except all in one sitting and flashed straight on the latest DME, with full matching warranty. Also, the brake pedal response is more linear too.

Last edited by btbossman; 12-30-2019 at 02:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 02:17 PM   #9
Dutch Devotion
Private First Class
Rep

Please explain me how Noelle ánd BMW can facilitate a full warranty if Noelle insists in performing a cranckhub fix, while that will undisputedly void the BMW factory warranty ?

And then there is the clause about the EU tuned cars that are exempted from the Noelle BMW factory warranty at all. That is just too BS much for me. I stopped reading and try to forget their claimed 2.2secs for a 2 ton awd M5 at the 0-62mph.....
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 02:39 PM   #10
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Please explain me how Noelle ánd BMW can facilitate a full warranty if Noelle insists in performing a cranckhub fix, while that will undisputedly void the BMW factory warranty ?

And then there is the clause about the EU tuned cars that are exempted from the Noelle BMW factory warranty at all. That is just too BS much for me. I stopped reading and try to forget their claimed 2.2secs for a 2 ton awd M5 at the 0-62mph.....
When I spoke to Ron he said either fix option works for warranty purposes. I decided on the plate option, which seems much easier.

Idk but if you qualify for their warranty as I do now with the capture plate installed, I don’t see any down side at all with this upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 03:16 PM   #11
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:

And I am not a hater !!
(just to be sure )
allegedly the diff software is changed too
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 04:41 PM   #12
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Just FYI I’ll be at Charlotte C&C this upcoming weekend incase anyone is interested in taking a ride. It is truly an astonishing transformation. Definitely sounds too good to be true...and I can certainly understand that view. The ride however, don’t lie.
Appreciate 1
      12-31-2019, 10:13 AM   #13
Dutch Devotion
Private First Class
Rep

Looking forward to some vids

I have been tuning and fooling around for along time, and know how a good tune could transform a car, completely!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 01:34 PM   #14
ricko32
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C

Would love to see some dyno graphs.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 04:51 PM   #15
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Hello folks,

The time has come. I recently had the tune and turner crank hub plate installed on my 2020 M2c. Since last Monday night, I have put approximately 1300 miles on the car, and they have certainly been the most exciting miles yet.... <snipped for brevity>

Congrats... sounds like a great car!

Do you have any objective data? Dragy has become a mainstay for performance comparisons second only to a dragstrip time slip. I'd love to see some 60-130 (mph), 1/4 mile, etc.

Dyno numbers are nice also but only if you can get a stock read side-by-side with the tuned numbers (same day, same dyno, same fuel, etc.).
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 06:52 PM   #16
RoseyLA
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F90

@btbossman congrats on the tune, seems like you are loving it. Some draggy numbers would be awesome to see.

BTW holly cheet Batman...who in the hell is pegging their speedo at 180mph in the US? You're crazy!! I'd also not go around posting stuff like that. I'd may be admissible in court. I guess you wouldn't have any issues with getting 1/4 mile times or 60-130 :-). That's a drop in the bucket.

Enjoy and drive a tad safer haha.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2020, 06:12 AM   #17
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Well, it seems like a cool tool I’ll probably get one soon.
As for the speeding, only 2 spots on the east coast I’m comfortable with it and they are areas where in those cases there was literally 0 cars on the road at 1am and the only troopers around are folks I’m well aquatinted with.

As for the dyno I’m looking into it but again not going to go out of my way for it. The car is making insane power, and my butt dyno is pretty accurately reading 550whp
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2020, 11:01 AM   #18
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well, it seems like a cool tool I’ll probably get one soon.
As for the speeding, only 2 spots on the east coast I’m comfortable with it and they are areas where in those cases there was literally 0 cars on the road at 1am and the only troopers around are folks I’m well aquatinted with.

As for the dyno I’m looking into it but again not going to go out of my way for it. The car is making insane power, and my butt dyno is pretty accurately reading 550whp
Dragy?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2020, 11:05 AM   #19
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Ordered one this morn.
Appreciate 1
limeypride4418.50
      01-01-2020, 12:07 PM   #20
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ordered one this morn.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2020, 03:04 PM   #21
speedtoyz1
Rep
Drives: 2019 bmw M2

Quote:
Just FYI I’ll be at Charlotte C&C this upcoming weekend incase anyone is interested in taking a ride. It is truly an astonishing transformation. Definitely sounds too good to be true...and I can certainly understand that view. The ride however, don’t lie.
I do lol but I'm in GA!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2020, 03:06 PM   #22
speedtoyz1
Rep
Drives: 2019 bmw M2

Quote:
Hello folks,

The time has come. I recently had the tune and turner crank hub plate installed on my 2020 M2c. Since last Monday night, I have put approximately 1300 miles on the car, and they have certainly been the most exciting miles yet.

I just want to start off by saying, I have no affiliation with this company in any way, and in fact, just heard their name for the first time about 10 days ago. Since then I have spoken at length with Ron the head sales guy in GA, as well as the owner of the local install shop. I have done as much research as possible with the limited info out there about Noelle, and their amazing product line. I now come to you with first hand knowledge, and the excitement is very real for me.

I had the tune installed at JCL in PA as it was the closest location to where I was going to be for the holidays. I drove 193 miles each way for this puppy. Chris is the very knowledgeable and awesome owner of JCL, and he did the install himself with one of his guys. This was the first S55 he had done this tune for so there was some learning curve for them, but everything Came together very nicely.I want to thank them very much for all the great work!!!

Ron who is the head Sales guy in the USA for Noelle, is also very knowledgeable and has been in the biz a long time, and is highly respected by folks like Chris. I also want to thank him for answering any and all of my questions!

The gist is this. These guys claim Huuuuuuggggggee gains. 600hp 550 something Tq. All with just a tune. Catch for us S55 guys is we need the crank bolt capture installed too. Which only takes a couple hours. Why should we bother or believe this craziness, especially with such stringent warranty guidelines?!?!?

I can only attest to my experience.

I took the chance because I asked a few knowledgeable people about the products, and the men standing behind them, and I Heard nothing but good things. I was also so very curious. Is this possible? Really?!?! But in the end I had enough faith, and decided to take the plunge.

My experience thus far has been nothing short of breathtaking. If you read the website, you are not just tuning you car for speed, you are tuning the entire vehicle itself, and my experience confirms it.

The speed and power is amazing. The car is very likely meeting the claimed figures. I may dyno the car, but at this point not going to go out of the way for it. If someone knows a good spot in Charlotte NC, please PM me. Over the last few days I have pegged the speedometer at 180 several times. Almost effortlessly. Never broke 165 before in any of my other cars so, it’s been a real treat to speed. I have been very safe and careful, but I’ll be gotdammed if this upgrade doesn’t make you want to just drive to the moon.

More importantly the cars stability and traction control systems are MUCH better. I also feel the steering seems a bit more dynamic, especially in comfort mode.

The throttle response is insane. Comfort now feels like sport plus did. Sport plus make me feel like I’m gaining 100 horses. It’s just insane power, and precision, leading to great speed figures.

I haven’t timed anything or done anything science like, but from 60mph it pulls on my father M5C, and runs pretty damn well with its 911 turbo overlords.

This thing is fricken magic if I ever saw a magic trick.

To be entirely honest, Im very glad it’s price will keep some out of the market for cheaper options, because the last thing we need is to be looked at like mustang drivers. If you don’t know how to drive and react well, this is definitely dangerous kill your self power.

At this point I’d like to list pros and cons, but there are literally NO cons. Gas mileage for me has only gone down a tad bit, and likely just because I’ve been hammering it so much lately. Got 241 miles on a full tank today driving from DC to Charlotte. Which is about 20 miles less then usual. Was cruising most of the way though. The price is not bad at all to me for what you are getting, especially warranty considered.If it was 5k, knowing what I know now, I would have Stil paid that.

This has been an amazing car experience from the beginning with the M2c for me. From the day we picked it up from the Performance Center. This upgrade makes me want to drive it even more. It’s quite literally like a drug now, I have to get my hit every few hours.

Wow sounds awesome! Can't wait to hear more.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread