BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M Driver's Package

04-21-2021, 10:59 PM   #89
gmhl10
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not a M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerdeck View Post
Well, I called the PC again and was placed on hold for quite some time. Talked to a very good rep by the name of Phillip who apologized for not getting the information to me sooner. Received $849 loyalty and $1550 M driver's package codes in email. Was told there was no excuse for taking 3 months and multiple attempts to get the information from BMW.
Oh, damn~~~ I better follow up too. I was told the same thing when I called last month. Was told that I will get a follow up in a day or two... a month later, still nothing and I picked up my car in December. That's awesome!
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2021, 09:27 AM   #90
gmhl10
First Lieutenant
Rep

Wow... I called BMW Performance Center today again and they told me they have no record of my call. WTH~~~ Called from the same phone (didn't even dial in the phone number. just went to the call history and called that same number) and had to give all my information over again and was told to wait another 1-3 days.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 12:26 PM   #91
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

I picked up my car at PCD on March 16th and received the email today, so it was about a month, without any follow up. The title of the Email is: Experience the advantages of BMW ownership. I agree with previous posters that you need to pay attention and not mistake it for marketing spam.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 01:08 PM   #92
Ma Deuce
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C, Tesla MX, Toyota FJC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownM View Post
I picked up my car at PCD on March 16th and received the email today, so it was about a month, without any follow up. The title of the Email is: Experience the advantages of BMW ownership. I agree with previous posters that you need to pay attention and not mistake it for marketing spam.
This! Thanks for sharing the subject line. I got the email in March and it was buried somewhere along with all the spam I get from BMW.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 01:19 PM   #93
killerdeck
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M2 CS HS, 6-sp, PSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhl10 View Post
Wow... I called BMW Performance Center today again and they told me they have no record of my call. WTH~~~ Called from the same phone (didn't even dial in the phone number. just went to the call history and called that same number) and had to give all my information over again and was told to wait another 1-3 days.
BMW still, after 3 calls and contacting the dealer, have not sent me the OFFICIAL emails. I pried the numbers out of one of the PCD customer reps after he spent a lot of time tracking them, down from management. It really is absurd that BMW is doing this to some of their best clients (I have bought/leased 9 vehicles for personal or business use in the last 10 years).
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 02:46 PM   #94
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
BMW still, after 3 calls and contacting the dealer, have not sent me the OFFICIAL emails. I pried the numbers out of one of the PCD customer reps after he spent a lot of time tracking them, down from management. It really is absurd that BMW is doing this to some of their best clients (I have bought/leased 9 vehicles for personal or business use in the last 10 years).
It all depends on who you get on the phone. The first guy I talked to sounded like it was his first day on the job. By my third call, I also got to Phillip, who was extremely helpful. Emails came very quickly after that, and then called back to set up the appointment.

I'd also recommend calling the BMW genius line, as I believe they helped get my car in the system.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 10:37 PM   #95
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

I now have a certificate attached to my account, but don't know how to convince them to give me return customer discount.
      04-23-2021, 05:31 PM   #96
gmhl10
First Lieutenant
Rep

Yea, for me, it definitely wasn't about mistaking an email for spam. I was diligently looking out for and opening any email from BMW or about BMW (even the constant survey emails) looking for the gift certificate email for months. Never did come.

But, 2nd time was the charm. The BMW Performance Center rep got me taken care of. She called back and set up the dates once the certificate was confirmed so I'm all good now.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 08:41 PM   #97
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarrzhp View Post
Quote:
Quote:
It all depends on who you get on the phone. The first guy I talked to sounded like it was his first day on the job. By my third call, I also got to Phillip, who was extremely helpful. Emails came very quickly after that, and then called back to set up the appointment.

I'd also recommend calling the BMW genius line, as I believe they helped get my car in the system.
Do you have Phillips direct number or email?

Sounds like this is the guy to get a hold of!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 11:32 PM   #98
killerdeck
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post

Unfortunately, not. I just called the PC and got Phillip.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 08:39 PM   #99
DealMan
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Just signed up for the October 11-12 Advanced M School (Thermal).
      04-29-2021, 08:40 PM   #100
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

I need to work on this tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 04:22 AM   #101
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post

Unfortunately, not. I just called the PC and got Phillip.
Same. I got lucky on the third call reaching Phillip. I recommend calling again or maybe even asking to be transferred to him. He seems to be more helpful and knowledgeable than others I've talked to.
Appreciate 1
      04-30-2021, 01:30 PM   #102
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep

I called today. I did not get Phillip.

Call was a little painful. No resolution yet.

There was nothing for my vin.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 02:12 PM   #103
killerdeck
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
I called today. I did not get Phillip.

Call was a little painful. No resolution yet.

There was nothing for my vin.
I think it is about time to make a formal complaint to BMW NA about this situation. The fact that several of us have had to call multiple times with little or no resolution tells me that corporate is to blame for this large marketing failure. It is almost as if the CS was not supposed to get the M Driver's Package but someone in marketing decided to authorize it at the last second to help make the pricing seem a bit more palatable.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 02:17 PM   #104
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep

I am going to give this a couple weeks. I think 7 weeks is super reasonable.

When someone reaches Philip, we should ask for the first letter of the last name so we have a direct contact.

Poor Phillip may get stuck with a bunch of extra work.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 03:09 PM   #105
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
I am going to give this a couple weeks. I think 7 weeks is super reasonable.

When someone reaches Philip, we should ask for the first letter of the last name so we have a direct contact.

Poor Phillip may get stuck with a bunch of extra work.
Lol. We may be overestimating Phillip. He definitely was pleasant and helped at least 2 of us, but not sure he can work miracles.

I don't know if it's more BMW NA dropping the ball or the individual dealers. I guess their systems should talk, maybe someone in the car biz would know a little better.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 01:58 AM   #106
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Just got mine in the email. I think they only just started up again as they were cancelled last year due to COVID. Maybe the same happened over there?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 01:33 PM   #107
killerdeck
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Just got mine in the email. I think they only just started up again as they were cancelled last year due to COVID. Maybe the same happened over there?
There have been slots open for driving at the Performance Centers here, but fewer than normal. There are a lot more spots opening up now, however. It still doesn't make sense that several of us have had to call and email several times with little to no luck.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 08:22 AM   #108
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M's

For some it's so easy, for others it's so difficult. Not sure what's going on. It took me one call to get my things straight. I couldn't be happier with their service. This isn't Ford, this is BMW, they care. I bought a Shelby GT350R and left about 20 messages, not once did I speak to a live person. I finally gave up. BMW, one call and done.
      05-02-2021, 08:53 AM   #109
killerdeck
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptgltw View Post
For some it's so easy, for others it's so difficult. Not sure what's going on. It took me one call to get my things straight. I couldn't be happier with their service. This isn't Ford, this is BMW, they care. I bought a Shelby GT350R and left about 20 messages, not once did I speak to a live person. I finally gave up. BMW, one call and done.
I am on 4 calls, 2 emails, and 3 plus months without an official email from BMW. I have some informal information, but not the full details yet.
Appreciate 1
gvstone52.00
      05-03-2021, 06:00 AM   #110
gvstone
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS / 2013 135i M Sport

After about 100 days I finally have the dealer turning in whatever he needs to for the PC day for my M2CS....

Also have bought but not taken delivery of a 21 X5 M Sport, the other dealer says because of COVID that they don’t come with any PC credit????

Back in 2004 when I bought my first BMW (M3) I was never told of the Performance Center!

Actually went for PC delivery in 2018 with my M240xi so this time would like to up the game a little with a 1 or 2 day M school if I can gather all the pebbles into one cup!!!!

Your thoughts greatly appreciated!!!
Appreciate 0