BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M Driver's Package

03-29-2021, 01:04 PM   #45
Golden3ye
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

What is the better location to go to? SC or CA?

SOLD:
2012 135i | Le Mans | 6MT
1986 535i | Cirrus Blue Metallic | 5MT
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2021, 01:09 PM   #46
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden3ye View Post
What is the better location to go to? SC or CA?
Yes, yes that one is better
      03-29-2021, 01:38 PM   #47
InsanityLatr
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M2CS  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
I just called them... the lady that answered couldn't find my name or email (I've done PCD and 1 day M School!!!).

She took down my VIN and said she would get back to me. I am planning on using the credit towards the M4 GT4 experience in May. I really hope they don't give me any trouble combining my vouchers and CCA discount.
They did it for me, but it took forever because she didn't really know what she was doing.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2021, 06:43 PM   #48
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsanityLatr View Post
They did it for me, but it took forever because she didn't really know what she was doing.
I got it done. Crazy how untrained these people that answer the phones are. I guess they just get anyone off the street.

After an hour on the phone, I got my M4 GT4 experience booked. They used both credits I had ($1550 and $849) and then took 15% CCA discount off the price after applying the credits. I tried to argue that they should take the discount before applying the credits, but no dice. Supervisor shut that down. Its OK... $336 is still a (tire) smoking deal for this class. M4 GT4 OMG!
Appreciate 3
      03-30-2021, 07:04 AM   #49
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsanityLatr View Post
I got it done. Crazy how untrained these people that answer the phones are. I guess they just get anyone off the street.

After an hour on the phone, I got my M4 GT4 experience booked. They used both credits I had ($1550 and $849) and then took 15% CCA discount off the price after applying the credits. I tried to argue that they should take the discount before applying the credits, but no dice. Supervisor shut that down. Its OK... $336 is still a (tire) smoking deal for this class. M4 GT4 OMG!
Out of curiosity, what were your thoughts on doing the GT4 experience over the Advanced school or something else?
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 07:22 AM   #50
killerdeck
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M2 CS HS, 6-sp, PSS

Quote:

Nicely done! Just another reason why the CS made financial sense when you really added up all the benefits.
Appreciate 1
Wah2778.50
      03-30-2021, 12:35 PM   #51
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
Out of curiosity, what were your thoughts on doing the GT4 experience over the Advanced school or something else?
Well, these classes are mainly vacation experiences for me. I've already done 1 day M school, and I'm not into driving my car on the track enough to spend 2 days and a couple grand extra to do Advanced M school. When I did performance center delivery of my E92M3 and one day M school, it cost very little because BMW picked up the tab on most of it. This GT4 experience not only costs very little (thanks again to BMW), but also gives me an opportunity to get a race car experience that I honestly never thought I would get a chance to try. Also, I don't think it'll be around forever, so I wanted to try it now while I can. I can always do Advance school later... and if not there is no shortage of CCA events around me that I can attend.
Appreciate 3
sdhotwn2128.50
DAC17170.50
      03-30-2021, 01:18 PM   #52
Golden3ye
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptgltw View Post
Yes, yes that one is better
Which one?

SOLD:
2012 135i | Le Mans | 6MT
1986 535i | Cirrus Blue Metallic | 5MT
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 03:17 PM   #53
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden3ye View Post
Which one?
He means they're both great. If you plan to spend any time there before or after the experience, then it depends on what you want to do and that is what you would base it on.

Palm Springs vs Greenville. They are both nice in their own ways.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 06:43 PM   #54
gmhl10
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not a M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80_MG View Post
Doesn't have anything to do with BMW Marketing. It's automated and comes to the email associated with your owner account - if your dealer doesn't set it up correctly when setting up ConnectedDrive and the other owner registration stuff, the email won't come through and you have to call and get the voucher or just call and set it up.
That's odd... seems like every other BMW marketing email and survey request keeps coming in, but not the voucher.

P.S.
Still haven't called yet. Was planning on the event for Autumn so haven't been in too much of a rush. I should get on it though since it'll start filling up.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 07:10 AM   #55
killerdeck
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhl10 View Post
That's odd... seems like every other BMW marketing email and survey request keeps coming in, but not the voucher.

P.S.
Still haven't called yet. Was planning on the event for Autumn so haven't been in too much of a rush. I should get on it though since it'll start filling up.
I feel the same way. I have gotten surveys, marketing, old invites to the PC that were mistakenly sent, etc!

I called them 2 days ago and still do not have anything even though I was assured that emails would be coming within 24 hours. The useless person on the phone at the PCD claimed "Sir, you needed to call the PC to receive your benefits from the M Driver's Package. BMW would not have contacted you regarding the certificates." Really?! Then why do you list it as a part of the window sticker as STANDARD with my car. This is becoming ludicrous. Just another reason why this will be my last new BMW.
Appreciate 1
f80_MG561.50
      04-01-2021, 09:28 AM   #56
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep

Credits stacked and M Advanced school in Thermal booked for 9/13. Looking forward to it!
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 09:43 AM   #57
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Hope you guys that have experience with this can give some insight into possible discounts.

I was going to do a two day M School, but my wife has shown interest in taking part in a school. This is out of her comfort zone, and I'd like to support her 100%

I'm thinking a 1 day M school for both of us, or does anyone think that could be too intense? We did the new car owners experience together and she drove all the cars. I think 2 day M school is too costly for both of us as I'd rather buy track days
      04-01-2021, 10:46 AM   #58
killerdeck
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Hope you guys that have experience with this can give some insight into possible discounts.

I was going to do a two day M School, but my wife has shown interest in taking part in a school. This is out of her comfort zone, and I'd like to support her 100%

I'm thinking a 1 day M school for both of us, or does anyone think that could be too intense? We did the new car owners experience together and she drove all the cars. I think 2 day M school is too costly for both of us as I'd rather buy track days
I think she would enjoy the 1 Day school. I did it in Feb 2019 and enjoyed the build up to the second half of the day playing on the track with M5s. Started out with typical braking exercises, skidpad, autocross in M2s, then more class room, then full on assault with M5s for the last 2 hours. Great fun!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 01:58 PM   #59
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post

1 day M school isn't too intense. There is a lot of driving, but its fun. People can pretty much go at their own pace.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 05:48 PM   #60
GrumpyBimmerFan
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2CS 6spd

Hey, so quick question for those in the know.

I'll start by saying that I have track experience.

If i understand correctly, you can request for a voucher to a different race school? how much is the voucher? I'm in Miami, and right now not sure if i want to fly for a track day.

Or is it worth doing this m driving school? can I do a more advanced class vs the basic one?

I recently partook in BMW track driving event at the palm springs raceway, and while it was kind of cool, it was nowhere near what I was looking for as far as pushing the car around the track... it was more for just regular drivers to have a little fun / not a track day event.
      04-01-2021, 05:55 PM   #61
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBimmerFan View Post
Hey, so quick question for those in the know.

I'll start by saying that I have track experience.

If i understand correctly, you can request for a voucher to a different race school? how much is the voucher? I'm in Miami, and right now not sure if i want to fly for a track day.

Or is it worth doing this m driving school? can I do a more advanced class vs the basic one?

I recently partook in BMW track driving event at the palm springs raceway, and while it was kind of cool, it was nowhere near what I was looking for as far as pushing the car around the track... it was more for just regular drivers to have a little fun / not a track day event.
Your voucher is worth 1500 towards any other performance driving experience. Check out the website.

If you want to discuss an advanced school you need to have formal training past just track experience and submit formal documentation for it. Then you can get approved for the advanced schools.

It may be worth checking out the one on one instruction stuff.
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 06:35 PM   #62
GrumpyBimmerFan
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2CS 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
Your voucher is worth 1500 towards any other performance driving experience. Check out the website.

If you want to discuss an advanced school you need to have formal training past just track experience and submit formal documentation for it. Then you can get approved for the advanced schools.

It may be worth checking out the one on one instruction stuff.
is it worth doing the basic stuff? I assume not... but I don't have documentation from formal training.
      04-01-2021, 08:25 PM   #63
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
This has been my same hang-up. I have enough track experience that I am lot interested in braking maneuvers and skid pad, and certainly would not fly somewhere for it. I may see if there is something one on one that I could use, even if I had to pony up more cash.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 09:33 PM   #64
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep

If you have a fair amount of track experience you are better off starting with a three day Bondurant or Skip Barber and then switching to a factory school. The factory schools are more conservative. You also just have to have the right mindset. Even the most basic fluffy things I've gone too have had pretty damn good instructors and I've come away with a few more tricks in the bag. Have a learning mindset and you'll be better off. Just enjoy the vacation with cars instead of worrying about how "hard" the track time and limit pushing is.

If you are STILL not convinced, BMW offers the GT4 experience stuff and one on one instruction that the vouchers can go toward and there should be no complaining there.
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 07:21 AM   #65
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I definitely wouldn't go to One day M school expecting to come out with any significant training. It is strictly an experience for people that don't spend weekends on the track. If anything, I would go expecting an opportunity to directly compare the M2 M3/4 and M5 back-to-back on the track. There aren't a lot of opportunities to do that. Great for BMW homers like me.

Also, its a chance to make a short trip out of it whether you go to Greenville SC and hit up the tail of the dragon on the way back, or Palm Springs to play golf and drive through Joshua Tree Natl Park.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 09:30 PM   #66
TCBavarian
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M, M2CS, E46 ZHP, E53 X5

Called this morning about my 1 Day M School with the M Driver package. The Performance Center rep was very nice and took my name, address, phone, email and VIN. She said she would get this to her supervisor and they will reach out within 24hrs.

3 hours later I got to emails with codes and a phone call from her immediately following. Apparently my purchase of the CS gave me the 1 day M school AND a 1 day regular performance driving school (not the short 2hr one). Maybe this is because I reached some loyalty benchmark. This happened once before about half a dozen BMWs ago. She said I could combine the values for a 2 day M school and stack with 15% bmwcca discount.

Now I have to decide when to go. Headed up there for an X school as we speak.
Appreciate 1
2taCoS279.00