BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > ***Last Call***GROUP BUY: Akrapovic Slip-On for M2C/CS

Closed Thread

02-21-2021, 02:27 PM   #45
FCTrs4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
This had me interested, but i'm leaning toward having the M Performance exhaust installed, as I liked the sound better and it seems to conform to the safety reasons for the M2 CS exhaust to hang down. Also maintains the OEM nature of a modern classic car. Haven't decided yet, and willing to forgo the cost savings until I finalize my decision.

Unless someone here vouches for the fact that the M Performance exhaust isn't really compatible to the M2 CS, that might change my mind.

Otherwise, thanks for organizing this, its a great idea and the Akrapovic on the M2 is a great exhaust. Just comes down to personal preference
Definitely understand. I don't think you can go wrong with m performance exhaust.

Happy to try and put this together!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 02:30 PM   #46
InsanityLatr
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M2CS  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCTrs4 View Post
Quote:
This had me interested, but i'm leaning toward having the M Performance exhaust installed, as I liked the sound better and it seems to conform to the safety reasons for the M2 CS exhaust to hang down. Also maintains the OEM nature of a modern classic car. Haven't decided yet, and willing to forgo the cost savings until I finalize my decision.

Unless someone here vouches for the fact that the M Performance exhaust isn't really compatible to the M2 CS, that might change my mind.

Otherwise, thanks for organizing this, its a great idea and the Akrapovic on the M2 is a great exhaust. Just comes down to personal preference
Definitely understand. I don't think you can go wrong with m performance exhaust.

Happy to try and put this together!
I also appreciate your work on this! I wanted to do the link pipe and exhaust (like the sound better) but didn't realize that would possibly not pass inspection. I may be back to the drawing board as well....
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 02:34 PM   #47
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M's

Quote:

Please expound on safety reasons?

Exhaust too close to gas tank? If so that’s an easy fix to keep temps down.

Even without a wrap there are many cars out there with tucked up / in exhausts. Anyone ever catch fire?

I have been on fire before due to an exhaust heating up gas. It ain’t fun
      02-21-2021, 03:35 PM   #48
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [0.00]
2022 BMW iX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptgltw View Post
Please expound on safety reasons?

Exhaust too close to gas tank? If so that’s an easy fix to keep temps down.

Even without a wrap there are many cars out there with tucked up / in exhausts. Anyone ever catch fire?

I have been on fire before due to an exhaust heating up gas. It ain’t fun
There was a different thread in here, and i can't quickly find it, that said the reason that the S55 exhaust hangs down was that its designed to drop off the car in the event of a rear impact crash (this was apparently something that BMW said). The M performance exhaust also hangs down for, presumably, the same reason.

Now how much truth is there in that, when an OG M2 exhaust doesn't hang down and its the same chassis, I won't pretend to be the expert on. Just food for thought.
Appreciate 1
ptgltw3777.50
      02-21-2021, 04:14 PM   #49
///M2CS
Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

for ten years a partnership has existed in Europe at least between Akrapovic and BMW

Akrapovic exhausts were mounted by the dealerships and guaranteed

The reputation for excellence of Akrapovic exhausts is no longer to be demonstrated

Anti-noise measures have unfortunately stopped this collaboration

BMW would not have approved the Akrapovic exhaust if it had presented a defect for the safety of the vehicle
FCTrs439.00
      02-21-2021, 10:25 PM   #50
tunedser031
Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2c

When is the deadline to joint the GB ?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 12:11 PM   #51
FCTrs4
Private First Class
Rep

GROUP BUY: Akrapovic Slip-On for M2C/CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunedser031 View Post
When is the deadline to joint the GB ?
Haven't established a deadline yet - would like to have everything set when exhausts are available to ship though
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 05:23 PM   #52
madwho12
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Does this fit with the stock diffuser?

Quote:
As the title suggests, I want to setup a group buy for the Akrapovic Slip-On for the M2C/M2CS. I reached out to Eric @ Supreme Power hoping he’d be open to the idea, and thankfully he was. If we can get a minimum of 5 people, we can get the slip-on system for $4150 shipped in the continental U.S..

ETA in the U.S. for the slip-on is approx. 4-6 weeks

If you’d like to be a part of the group buy, please chime in below so we can get it setup.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 06:56 PM   #53
FCTrs4
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwho12 View Post
Does this fit with the stock diffuser?

Quote:
As the title suggests, I want to setup a group buy for the Akrapovic Slip-On for the M2C/M2CS. I reached out to Eric @ Supreme Power hoping he’d be open to the idea, and thankfully he was. If we can get a minimum of 5 people, we can get the slip-on system for $4150 shipped in the continental U.S..

If you’d like to be a part of the group buy, please chime in below so we can get it setup.
Yessir.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 03:56 PM   #54
dsforman13
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Quote:
As the title suggests, I want to setup a group buy for the Akrapovic Slip-On for the M2C/M2CS. I reached out to a forum sponsor hoping they’d be open to the idea, and thankfully they were. If we can get a minimum of 5 people, we can get a group buy price!

Unfortunately I'm going to drop out of the group buy. I ordered the exhaust today. IND-DIST gave me a bit of a discount since I just ordered the Mid-pipe last week. It was only a few hundred dollars more than the group buy price. I didn't want the mid-pipe arriving then having to wait weeks for the exhaust.

I do appreciate you taking the time to try and put this together. Good luck to all!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 04:58 PM   #55
FCTrs4
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsforman13 View Post
Quote:
As the title suggests, I want to setup a group buy for the Akrapovic Slip-On for the M2C/M2CS. I reached out to a forum sponsor hoping they’d be open to the idea, and thankfully they were. If we can get a minimum of 5 people, we can get a group buy price!

Unfortunately I'm going to drop out of the group buy. I ordered the exhaust today. IND-DIST gave me a bit of a discount since I just ordered the Mid-pipe last week. It was only a few hundred dollars more than the group buy price. I didn't want the mid-pipe arriving then having to wait weeks for the exhaust.

I do appreciate you taking the time to try and put this together. Good luck to all!
No problem. Post vids after install!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 05:00 PM   #56
FCTrs4
Private First Class
Rep

Confirmed for Group Buy:

1) FCTrs4
2) KahunaCanuk
3) K2Tha
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 05:42 PM   #57
ibrennan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Frozen Gray M3

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
I'm extremely interested in this for my CS, I was just thinking how disappointed I am in the exhaust note over my 2019 M2C. I need this upgrade for sure.

Thanks for setting it up, I hope we can get it done!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 08:51 PM   #58
dsforman13
Private
Rep

Quote:
No problem. Post vids after install!
Will do
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 02:02 AM   #59
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrennan View Post
I'm extremely interested in this for my CS, I was just thinking how disappointed I am in the exhaust note over my 2019 M2C. I need this upgrade for sure.

Thanks for setting it up, I hope we can get it done!
Wait until the Arctic blast ends where you live. Then open the windows. The CS doesn't have the in car augmentation that you are missing so it is a bit quiet with the windows up. But it does have a lovely deeper exhaust note, quite a bit louder and zero snap crackle and pop. It's very classic BMW six with a few extras thrown in.

Overall, I think everyone should just wait until you get warmer weather and more miles. Then make the decision.

OPF people. Well, sorry. Do what you can.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 09:53 AM   #60
dsforman13
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Wait until the Arctic blast ends where you live. Then open the windows. The CS doesn't have the in car augmentation that you are missing so it is a bit quiet with the windows up. But it does have a lovely deeper exhaust note, quite a bit louder and zero snap crackle and pop. It's very classic BMW six with a few extras thrown in.

Overall, I think everyone should just wait until you get warmer weather and more miles. Then make the decision.

OPF people. Well, sorry. Do what you can.
I live in Los Angeles and its currently 80 degrees outside and I'm passed my 1200 mile break in. Personally opinion, it needs to be louder. I'm also coming from a straight piped C63s. Definitely not expecting the same results but a little more sound would be nice.
Appreciate 1
Davil6511.00
      02-28-2021, 10:10 PM   #61
FCTrs4
Private First Class
Rep

2 more and we can get the ball rolling on this group buy!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 07:14 AM   #62
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Was it confirmed that the ASD is turned off for the CS? I am a little surprised BMW decided to remove the burbles as well as ASD for this car. Maybe they see pops and burbles, as well as artificial engine sound as just a passive fad and are thinking long term for this car.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 08:23 AM   #63
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
Maybe they see pops and burbles, as well as artificial engine sound as just a passive fad and are thinking long term for this car.
I can only hope
yaymitch867.50
Wah2778.50
      03-01-2021, 08:43 AM   #64
msmatt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
I can only hope
Haha, you beat me to this reply!

M2 CS Video on YouTube
Appreciate 1
yaymitch867.50
      03-01-2021, 11:26 AM   #65
yaymitch
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS & 2022 RSQ8

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
Maybe they see pops and burbles, as well as artificial engine sound as just a passive fad and are thinking long term for this car.
I can only hope
I soooo do not miss the pops and burbles. The Akra-Evo I ordered will sound much better without them.
      03-04-2021, 08:42 PM   #66
FCTrs4
Private First Class
Rep

Confirmed for Group Buy:

1) FCTrs4
2) KahunaCanuk
3) K2Tha
4) clutchm2c
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread