United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
In the fall of the hammer, in this case when you hit enter to place the order, the price is locked in.

I think you have a case to raise and say, I placed my order, now honour it.
I usually don't make a stink about such things, but I really do thing they're legally obligated to honor it.

Especially since it's been about 48 hours, and I had other items in the order. They already charged me too! Would they rather I just cancel it?
      02-10-2021, 08:55 PM   #24
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMatt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
In the fall of the hammer, in this case when you hit enter to place the order, the price is locked in.

I think you have a case to raise and say, I placed my order, now honour it.
I usually don't make a stink about such things, but I really do thing they're legally obligated to honor it.

Especially since it's been about 48 hours, and I had other items in the order. They already charged me too! Would they rather I just cancel it?
It isn't the money, it's the principle I'm talking about.

Imagine you sell some shares. Then the stock skyrockets. Will you be allowed to cancel the deal because you could have made more if you sold five minutes later? I think not.

Why should this be any different?
      02-10-2021, 10:09 PM   #25
JoeMatt
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
I emailed them.

They wouldn’t honor the price. I cancelled the order.
2taCoS279.00
ChiTownM1045.50
      02-11-2021, 07:08 PM   #26
JoeMatt
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
Winglet’s here for $1011 pair.

https://www.bmwpartshub.com/oem-part...rt-51192365985
https://www.bmwpartshub.com/oem-part...rt-51192365984

They also had the Carbon Side Markers and Kidney Grill a bit discounted.

I don’t even know if I want them, but I want to try them out before PPF+Ceramic.

God damn BMW got more $$$ out of me...

Last edited by JoeMatt; 02-11-2021 at 07:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 11:03 PM   #27
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoM3 View Post
I bought all my OEM carbon bits from Brit PARTS@STBMW who I highly recommend for her great service and pricing.

Funny though I originally started with just wanting the carbon side grilles, then thought the OEM side winglets really accentuated the wheel arches nicely. Last bit (outside of the fenders and trunk lid) would be the front kidney grille... didn't need it but thought it'd be a nice final touch, worst case if I don't like it I'll still have the gloss black.

Line in the sand drawn on the carbon canards though lol
How do I get in touch with Brit for BMW parts?
You could PM her here or email at brit@bmwpartspros.com
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 09:56 AM   #28
mlg944
France
Rep
Drives: M2CS

A pic of M performance parts. Just notice this parts get a genuine ppf protection.

it's expensive but IMHO beautiful

Cleaning is not really easy
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Jimjamz4536.50
      02-12-2021, 10:26 AM   #29
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMatt View Post

They're not legally obligated to honor it. They can cancel the order but it is textbook bait and switch what they're doing to you. Shitty situation.
Appreciate 1
JoeMatt160.00
      02-12-2021, 03:45 PM   #30
JoeMatt
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
Just an FYI, everyone is out of stock of the driver side carbon side marker.

It was full price, rather than the 15% I got the passenger for, but Patrick BMW in Illinois has a bunch in stock and they’re shipping one out to me Monday.

https://bit.ly/2XF4ctn
Part #: 51712453943 (51712453942 is the passenger, but it’s cheaper elsewhere)

It too, 5 different suppliers, and 1 fully and 1 partially cancelled order, but all the trim bits I wanted are finally on their way.

Off for PPF as soon as they get here.
      02-20-2021, 06:16 AM   #31
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
I pulled the trigger and have ordered the M Performance carbon winglets for my HS CS. I've spec'd them without the M Performance stickers as I don't like them.

I'll post some photos once they've been fitted in a few weeks.

I'm taking my build slowly and the only other mod I've spec'd so far is the gloss carbon F8x M Performance steering wheel inlay to match the gloss carbon tunnel and door pulls (I don't like the dry carbon M2C inlay as it clashes with the gloss carbon parts that come with the CS). Later on I'll probably get the steel pedals and gloss carbon side markers.
Appreciate 1
kyrocks1070.50
      02-20-2021, 09:33 AM   #32
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjamz View Post
I pulled the trigger and have ordered the M Performance carbon winglets for my HS CS. I've spec'd them without the M Performance stickers as I don't like them.

I'll post some photos once they've been fitted in a few weeks.

I'm taking my build slowly and the only other mod I've spec'd so far is the gloss carbon F8x M Performance steering wheel inlay to match the gloss carbon tunnel and door pulls (I don't like the dry carbon M2C inlay as it clashes with the gloss carbon parts that come with the CS). Later on I'll probably get the steel pedals and gloss carbon side markers.
This wait has been so long I've gone back and forth on mods a dozen times or so.

Carbon side grilles are a must IMO.

I was largely undecided on the carbon side winglets because I didn't want this future classic to look too ricey. After thinking about it, I am convinced they accentuate the wheel arches and compliments the carbon splitter and diffuser nicely.

I was also going to leave the gloss black front kidney grille alone but found a great deal on an M Performance carbon one so did that too.
Appreciate 1
kyrocks1070.50
      02-20-2021, 02:46 PM   #33
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
This wait has been so long I've gone back and forth on mods a dozen times or so.

Carbon side grilles are a must IMO.

I was largely undecided on the carbon side winglets because I didn't want this future classic to look too ricey. After thinking about it, I am convinced they accentuate the wheel arches and compliments the carbon splitter and diffuser nicely.

I was also going to leave the gloss black front kidney grille alone but found a great deal on an M Performance carbon one so did that too.
I've formed the same view on the side blades. They take some of the bulk out of the side profile near the rear flank, though add some flow and aggression. They don't look ricey IMO, and you can always resell them if they don't work for you. I'll have a better view of this once they're installed at my 2000km break in service coming up in a few weeks.

I'm also with you on the side grills. I'll probably eventually get them. Them seem great on all colours of the car. I'll reserve judgement on the front grill surrounds in carbon until I see one in person. I like the black up front for now, but we'll see how it goes.

Other than that, the CS comes pretty much perfectly spec'd from the get go. A lot less work to do than other Ms - will just have to focus on driving and enjoying 'the Silver Streak' (much better than Lieberman's 'Blue Booger' - you guys better come up with a better tag than that or it will stick!)
Appreciate 1
MomoM3981.00
      02-20-2021, 11:41 PM   #34
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Anyone else NOT interested in the gloss CF steering wheel trim? I don’t want the MPerformance badge over my ///M badge so am looking to leave as is.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 11:53 PM   #35
kyrocks
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine* View Post
Anyone else NOT interested in the gloss CF steering wheel trim? I don’t want the MPerformance badge over my ///M badge so am looking to leave as is.
Not me. Gloss carbon steering wheel trim SO MUCH better.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 12:23 AM   #36
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrocks View Post

I hear you and agree re the look, but I’m reluctant to loose the CS specific badge and put an M Performance badge there. If they did one with the /M badge I’d be on it straight away.

This may fix my ///M infatuation and hit me with some CF? Thoughts.

https://ind-distribution.com/product...ing-wheel-trim
Attached Images

Last edited by Alpine*; 02-21-2021 at 12:31 AM..
Appreciate 2
JoeMatt160.00
      02-21-2021, 02:00 AM   #37
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I hear you and agree re the look, but I’m reluctant to loose the CS specific badge and put an M Performance badge there. If they did one with the /M badge I’d be on it straight away.

Looks good though I like the gloss carbon look to match the CS tunnel and doorpulls.

This is my F80 MP wheel with gloss carbon and alcantara. Except for the OLED mini screen and shift LEDs it will look pretty similar to the CS wheel with carbon gloss inlay.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      02-21-2021, 06:49 AM   #38
kyrocks
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Touring

Quote:
Quote:

That's not a CS specific badge. My M2 competition had the same badge. I changed that one to the matte carbon open weave steering wheel trim to match its interior. There are M badges everywhere!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 07:00 AM   #39
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
That's not a CS specific badge. My M2 competition had the same badge. I changed that one to the matte carbon open weave steering wheel trim to match its interior. There are M badges everywhere!
Ok ok, my bad on the wordage, what I should have said is that it’s an ///M car specific badge. Any bmw can option/buy M Performance components.

All good, I just want to keep the logo I guess.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 08:09 AM   #40
2taCoS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Quote:
Ok ok, my bad on the wordage, what I should have said is that it’s an ///M car specific badge. Any bmw can option/buy M Performance components.

I'm with you on the trim piece keeping the ///M badge. I'm considering this instead with the CF insert from IND. Another $450 upgrade so I'm holding off for now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-OEM-M-S...-/254837220610
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 11:04 AM   #41
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I would also vote to keep the M steering wheel logo over the M Performance for model purity. Lol.

Would you also forego any of the M Performance carbon accessories because they're not proper M though?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 05:11 PM   #42
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I would also vote to keep the M steering wheel logo over the M Performance for model purity. Lol.

Would you also forego any of the M Performance carbon accessories because they're not proper M though?
The side winglets and side repeaters in CF are probably the only thing that interests me as an add on to the car. Neither of these parts iirc have any branding/labels visible.

I’m keen on the CF rounders and gloss black M2CS rear deck lid badges too.

It’s a slippery slope.

I would love to do a rear seat delete, like my past few cars that came minus a rear seat from factory.
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2021, 02:20 AM   #43
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2taCoS View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Ok ok, my bad on the wordage, what I should have said is that it's an ///M car specific badge. Any bmw can option/buy M Performance components.

I'm with you on the trim piece keeping the ///M badge. I'm considering this instead with the CF insert from IND. Another $450 upgrade so I'm holding off for now.

This looks like the alcantara version and not OEM Carbon fiber. I'm getting the gloss carbon M Performance F8x inlay installed next week so will share pics.
Appreciate 1
2taCoS279.00
      02-25-2021, 07:02 AM   #44
2taCoS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjamz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2taCoS View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Ok ok, my bad on the wordage, what I should have said is that it's an ///M car specific badge. Any bmw can option/buy M Performance components.

This looks like the alcantara version and not OEM Carbon fiber. I'm getting the gloss carbon M Performance F8x inlay installed next week so will share pics.
Looking forward to the pics! Did you PPF your car? Interested whether the dealer used betalink as well as the bolts and rivets to fit the winglets.
Appreciate 0