BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > New Member / Deposit Placed

02-09-2021, 03:20 PM   #1
shb5007
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 21 M3C

New Member / Deposit Placed

Hello everyone! New member here (joined today). I have been lurking for a while trying to learn about these cars and make the decision on whether to order one (or not). Well, it happened! I placed a deposit this morning for a car currently at the port in Germany. It is a ZED package car.

I am a long time car guy (non-BMW) who is excited to see what all of the positivity is about, while learning more about these machines.

I have a few quick questions already that I am searching for a little help with...

1.) I live in Virginia (front plates...) and would like to order a no-drill mount license plate mount. What is the best option for this?

2.) I live quite a ways from the dealership I will purchase the car from. Can I have my BMW service performed at a dealership closer to my home? Or must it be done where I purchased the car?

3.) I am looking at getting the M2 CS (BMW part) spoiler as one of the first modifications. Is this difficult to install? I have changed out some OEM spoilers in the past (other makes / models), but is there anything to know on the M2?

Thanks already for having such a great forum and for any help you can provide!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 04:56 PM   #2
keylime503
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT, Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shb5007 View Post
2.) I live quite a ways from the dealership I will purchase the car from. Can I have my BMW service performed at a dealership closer to my home? Or must it be done where I purchased the car?
Welcome! Yes, you can have your service done at any BMW dealership.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 05:58 PM   #3
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Hello everyone! New member here (joined today). I have been lurking for a while trying to learn about these cars and make the decision on whether to order one (or not). Well, it happened! I placed a deposit this morning for a car currently at the port in Germany. It is a ZED package car.

I am a long time car guy (non-BMW) who is excited to see what all of the positivity is about, while learning more about these machines.

I have a few quick questions already that I am searching for a little help with...

1.) I live in Virginia (front plates...) and would like to order a no-drill mount license plate mount. What is the best option for this?

3.) I am looking at getting the M2 CS (BMW part) spoiler as one of the first modifications. Is this difficult to install? I have changed out some OEM spoilers in the past (other makes / models), but is there anything to know on the M2?

Thanks already for having such a great forum and for any help you can provide!
For number 3, it's no different than any other car.

A bit of heat to get the oem spoiler off with some fishing line and your goo cleanup solvant of choice. Then just get some 3m 2 sided accessory tape and tape it down. There's a bunch of videos on YouTube in how to do it. Pretty easy Diy if you're halfway handy, which it sounds like you are.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 06:46 PM   #4
(K)
Captain
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT (R.I.P.)

Welcome aboard!

1) There are a few good options for no drill front mounts and quite honestly they're all great options. It will come down to personal preference. I have the Platypus tow hook mount myself. It doesn't cover the sensors or trigger the beeps. My only gripe about is that the aluminum it's made of feels a bit mild and flexes more than I'd like. However for my purposes it will do just fine.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 09:57 AM   #5
shb5007
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 21 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime503 View Post
Welcome! Yes, you can have your service done at any BMW dealership.
GREAT! Thanks for the information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
For number 3, it's no different than any other car.

A bit of heat to get the oem spoiler off with some fishing line and your goo cleanup solvant of choice. Then just get some 3m 2 sided accessory tape and tape it down. There's a bunch of videos on YouTube in how to do it. Pretty easy Diy if you're halfway handy, which it sounds like you are.
Sounds good. So you don't need any BMW specific adhesive (or tape) to install the CS spoiler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by (K) View Post
Welcome aboard!

1) There are a few good options for no drill front mounts and quite honestly they're all great options. It will come down to personal preference. I have the Platypus tow hook mount myself. It doesn't cover the sensors or trigger the beeps. My only gripe about is that the aluminum it's made of feels a bit mild and flexes more than I'd like. However for my purposes it will do just fine.
Thanks for the info. I am still searching / comparing a few options.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 10:03 AM   #6
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Sounds good. So you don't need any BMW specific adhesive (or tape) to install the CS spoiler?
The dealership/port will use betalink, you dont want to do that unless you never want to get it off.

Most of us just use 3m VHB tape. The spoiler may come with some on there already. But I'd order some just in case.

One trick I picked up installing these is to get it put in place (dry) where you want it, and mark the ends with some painters tape. then start peeling the ends of the 3m tape and fold it away a bit. Then place the spoiler where it goes, and carefully pull away the remaining backer.
Appreciate 0