BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > End of Run — Final Allocations next month

03-10-2021, 12:35 PM   #45
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by phriz View Post
I'm in a similar boat. This is my first time interacting with this dealer and first time ordering a BMW. If I hadn't joined these boards I would have been non the wiser. Just learned about production numbers/allocations on here last week. Placed my deposit/order on February 1st, and still don't have a production number, but called the dealer yesterday and was very blunt when I asked if they could guarantee me a car. They said they could.
Ask them bluntly WHY they have no production number? The only logical reason would be because they have NOT PLACED YOUR ORDER, because they don't have an allocation. Sounds like they are gonna scramble and try to find you a car someplace that they can trade for, or try to scrape up an allocation somehow.

I ordered on Feb 3rd. I called and asked a random CA *if* they had an allocation available - she confirmed that they had ONE (and this was the biggest dealership in Arizona that moves a LOT of metal). I went straight in and laid down a deposit and placed my order, and walked out with a copy of the order confirmation out of the computer, showing my production number and that the order had been "accepted" in Germany. I had a VIN by last week and it enters production on Week 11 (which is next week - week of 3/15).

If I'm in your shoes, if they can't give me an allocation number TODAY, I'm either finding a dealer that actually has one, or shopping available in-stock inventory around the country via kilter.com. There's still a pretty good selection available, though you might have to travel to find what you want. Good luck however it winds up playing out.

What I walked out with on Feb 3rd..

Status as of last week including VIN..

Further status showing build week, provided by forum member..

03-10-2021, 01:23 PM   #46
phriz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
Quote:
I'm in a similar boat. This is my first time interacting with this dealer and first time ordering a BMW. If I hadn't joined these boards I would have been non the wiser. Just learned about production numbers/allocations on here last week. Placed my deposit/order on February 1st, and still don't have a production number, but called the dealer yesterday and was very blunt when I asked if they could guarantee me a car. They said they could.
Ask them bluntly WHY they have no production number? The only logical reason would be because they have NOT PLACED YOUR ORDER, because they don't have an allocation. Sounds like they are gonna scramble and try to find you a car someplace that they can trade for, or try to scrape up an allocation somehow.

I ordered on Feb 3rd. I called and asked a random CA *if* they had an allocation available - she confirmed that they had ONE (and this was the biggest dealership in Arizona that moves a LOT of metal). I went straight in and laid down a deposit and placed my order, and walked out with a copy of the order confirmation out of the computer, showing my production number and that the order had been "accepted" in Germany. I had a VIN by last week and it enters production on Week 11 (which is next week - week of 3/15).

If I'm in your shoes, if they can't give me an allocation number TODAY, I'm either finding a dealer that actually has one, or shopping available in-stock inventory around the country via kilter.com. There's still a pretty good selection available, though you might have to travel to find what you want. Good luck however it winds up playing out.

What I walked out with on Feb 3rd..

[img]https://photos.smugmug.com/Cars/BMW-...rmation-XL.jpg[/img]

Status as of last week including VIN..

[img]https://photos.smugmug.com/Cars/BMW-...3%20Mar-XL.png[/img]

Further status showing build week, provided by forum member..

[img]https://photos.smugmug.com/Cars/BMW-...s%203-5-XL.png[/img]
Sorry I should have gone into a little more detail, but you're exactly right— they do not have an allocation, but told me they are getting one from a dealer in New Jersey. They seem fairly confident they can get me one; in fact, they assured me I'd have a car, but I'm more of a skeptic. I wish they would have been more transparent with me last month when I put my deposit down.

My fear is that all allocations are claimed at this point, and I don't want to buy one off of a dealer lot where I don't know who hooned the car. I want my spec from the factory that goes straight to the performance center in SC. Somehow I feel like I might be fucked.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 01:28 PM   #47
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
If a factory order is a must, call around and find an allocation. Being in Asheville, you're a nice pleasant cruise from the PCD, so I'd expand my search to the ENTIRE country and do a PCD delivery in Spartanburg - you don't need to ever set foot in the dealership. Sitting on your hands and "hoping" these current guys come through is a ticking time bomb. It's not too late - yet!

I'd still shop in-stock inventory, because you can always call and find out the current mileage of a car that's of interest. I bought my Golf R, which had been on the lot for several months already, with only 8 miles on it. Not everything that is in stock has necessarily been "hooned" or even test-driven yet. I'm pulling for you, good luck!
phriz335.00
      03-11-2021, 12:51 AM   #48
Drew415
Private
Rep
Drives: '21 BMW M2 Comp

Quote:

I'll be extremely upset if this doesn't work out. It's been a lifelong dream of mine to own a car like this.
Good luck bro. I placed my deposit Jan 6 and my build date was suppose to be 3/15. Haven't heard anything yet... Luckily, I had a backup dealer and was able to secure my allocation.
Appreciate 1
phriz335.00
      03-18-2021, 09:47 AM   #49
Puppetz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew415 View Post
Good luck bro. I placed my deposit Jan 6 and my build date was suppose to be 3/15. Haven't heard anything yet... Luckily, I had a backup dealer and was able to secure my allocation.
Ya, this game allocation game was totally new to me as well. This was my first time buying a BMW, let alone a more selective model. I agreed on price in DEC, and thought initially I had bought the car right away. It wasn't until after some initial waiting, and further inquiries, that I learned I didn't have an allocation yet. Fortunately I was with a high volume dealer and CA, so things went relatively smoothly after that, but I would be careful. Being up against the deadline to order, it wouldn't hurt to line up a bird in hand. Good Luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 01:39 PM   #50
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
My car hit the production line on Tuesday and as of today is now showing "at port". In a few days I'll bug my CA and find out what ship it's scheduled for. The day grows nearer!
happyjack1657.00
ADDONE230.00
      03-18-2021, 03:01 PM   #51
phriz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppetz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew415 View Post
Ya, this game allocation game was totally new to me as well. This was my first time buying a BMW, let alone a more selective model. I agreed on price in DEC, and thought initially I had bought the car right away. It wasn't until after some initial waiting, and further inquiries, that I learned I didn't have an allocation yet. Fortunately I was with a high volume dealer and CA, so things went relatively smoothly after that, but I would be careful. Being up against the deadline to order, it wouldn't hurt to line up a bird in hand. Good Luck!
Yep exact same here. I thought I was buying the car when I put the deposit down in February, but realized after a month of waiting that I didn't have an allocation. The dealer here in Asheville is pretty high volume, and my CA has been great. He said he spoke with a contact in NJ who is getting us the allocation. I don't know if that means a dealer in NJ, or if he called BMW Corporate (also in NJ). I haven't had the energy to worry about it with work the last few weeks, but I'll call the sales manager tomorrow and figure out what's going on. The closer we get to April the more nervous I am about potentially not getting one of these.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 03:15 PM   #52
Greg094
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240I, M2 Comp (ordered)

Quote:
My car hit the production line on Tuesday and as of today is now showing "at port". In a few days I'll bug my CA and find out what ship it's scheduled for. The day grows nearer!
My car has also been showing “at port” for the past 5-6 days, we will probably end up being on the same ship for west coast bound delivery. The long wait starts now though!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 12:54 AM   #53
dmcM2C
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg094 View Post
Quote:
My car has also been showing “at port” for the past 5-6 days, we will probably end up being on the same ship for west coast bound delivery. The long wait starts now though!
Mine has been "at port" since March 2nd according to the site.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 10:11 AM   #54
Dave H in NC
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C HS 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC135i View Post
Same here. Argh! I don't check its status three times a day, I promise.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 10:50 AM   #55
dmcM2C
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H in NC View Post
Quote:
Someone in another thread posted a screenshot of an email from when his CA was planning his PCD that said something along the lines of "we're experiencing extended delays in shipping..." and they weren't able to schedule a PCD date yet, I think the email was from the 12th.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 11:54 AM   #56
happyjack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Someone in another thread posted a screenshot of an email from when his CA was planning his PCD that said something along the lines of "we're experiencing extended delays in shipping..." and they weren't able to schedule a PCD date yet, I think the email was from the 12th.
yep...that was my PCD scheduling email. I think the bigger issue for my scheduling is that my car is still status 112! i dont have a VIN or production date yet, so the PC cant even begin to estimate an arrival/delivery date. my CA has said we'll need to wait until it gets into production to attempt the PCD scheduling again.

my garage: '23 G05 xDrive40i m-sport; '21 F87 M2C, 6MT; '17 F25 x-drive28i SAV; '15 F55 mini hatch 5-door
retired: '87 E30 MT 'vert; '92 E36 sedan; '99 E36 MT 'vert; '06 E90 x-drive sedan; '07 E83 x-drive30 SAV; '09 E91 x-drive wagon; '12 E89 Z4 MT M-sport; '15 F22 sport line
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 12:22 PM   #57
NWest
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
Quote:
yep...that was my PCD scheduling email. I think the bigger issue for my scheduling is that my car is still status 112! i dont have a VIN or production date yet, so the PC cant even begin to estimate an arrival/delivery date. my CA has said we'll need to wait until it gets into production to attempt the PCD scheduling again.
Call the BMW Genius Hotline – 1.844.4GENIUS (443-6487) and give them your production number and they will tell you what week your car is scheduled for production.

I called and found out mine is scheduled for production week 14: April 4-10. I've been at stage 112 since March 9th.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 12:36 PM   #58
happyjack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWest View Post
Call the BMW Genius Hotline – 1.844.4GENIUS (443-6487) and give them your production number and they will tell you what week your car is scheduled for production.

I called and found out mine is scheduled for production week 14: April 4-10. I've been at stage 112 since March 9th.
i tried this..."no confirmed production date established"

my garage: '23 G05 xDrive40i m-sport; '21 F87 M2C, 6MT; '17 F25 x-drive28i SAV; '15 F55 mini hatch 5-door
retired: '87 E30 MT 'vert; '92 E36 sedan; '99 E36 MT 'vert; '06 E90 x-drive sedan; '07 E83 x-drive30 SAV; '09 E91 x-drive wagon; '12 E89 Z4 MT M-sport; '15 F22 sport line
Appreciate 1
NWest549.50
      03-19-2021, 02:23 PM   #59
Jeff01234567
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp, M-B A220

Garage List
Quote:
Mine arrive at the port two days ago. I was hoping to get onto one of the W&W boats that are leaving next week. Seems like since March 2 there were 2 boats that left Bremerhaven to Galveston, TX (3 if you count today), if you didn't get onto one of those then it doesn't seem likely that I'll board any next week...
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 03:31 PM   #60
maxcbrdriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 535xiT; 2021 BMW M2C

Interesting. Mine has been at the port all week, so maybe it got on a boat. The tracker just says says "at port", but I've noticed it's not that accurate.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 03:39 PM   #61
Jeff01234567
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp, M-B A220

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcbrdriver View Post
Interesting. Mine has been at the port all week, so maybe it got on a boat. The tracker just says says "at port", but I've noticed it's not that accurate.
The tracking guide sticky thread says that once the car gets to the port, all updates from there will be slow or inaccurate so you'll have to rely more on your sales associate or BMW genius. They can provide a vessel name, at which point you would use one of the vessel tracking systems rather than My BMW for updates.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 07:39 PM   #62
maxcbrdriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 535xiT; 2021 BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff01234567 View Post
The tracking guide sticky thread says that once the car gets to the port, all updates from there will be slow or inaccurate so you'll have to rely more on your sales associate or BMW genius. They can provide a vessel name, at which point you would use one of the vessel tracking systems rather than My BMW for updates.
Ahh ok. Looks like I'll be reaching out to my CA tomorrow AM then. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 08:50 PM   #63
dmcM2C
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff01234567 View Post
Quote:
Mine arrive at the port two days ago. I was hoping to get onto one of the W&W boats that are leaving next week. Seems like since March 2 there were 2 boats that left Bremerhaven to Galveston, TX (3 if you count today), if you didn't get onto one of those then it doesn't seem likely that I'll board any next week...
Maybe I'm lucky and mines on one of those Galveston ships. Dealer is on gulf coast of Mississippi.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 09:06 AM   #64
SEAT TIME RULES
Major
Rep
Drives: 20 BMW M2C 17 Mazda MX-5 RF

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.00]
I work for a dealership in the Northeast.

All the German car Co's are having massive delays getting their cars across the Pond.

We had a 540 that was sitting at the port from late Oct till Feb.

As of now the delay is down to about 14-21 business days.

Thought you al would like to know this...
My 2020M2C Build: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1696726
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 11:13 AM   #65
dmcM2C
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAT TIME RULES View Post
I work for a dealership in the Northeast.

All the German car Co's are having massive delays getting their cars across the Pond.

We had a 540 that was sitting at the port from late Oct till Feb.

As of now the delay is down to about 14-21 business days.

Thought you al would like to know this...
Thanks for the heads up. That puts me about 18 days in so hopefully I'm either on a boat now or will be soon. How long should it take to get to gulf coast once it departs?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 11:36 AM   #66
SEAT TIME RULES
Major
Rep
Drives: 20 BMW M2C 17 Mazda MX-5 RF

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.00]
That depends on how many scheduled stops the ship has to make.

For a TX drop I would figure at lease another 3 weeks.
My 2020M2C Build: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1696726
Appreciate 0