BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > End of Run — Final Allocations next month

02-23-2021, 07:15 AM   #23
happyjack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jookmasta View Post
So I guess with so few options to choose from, does it make sense to order what you want, or just go on the hunt for what's on the lot? Also which way do you think would get the biggest discount from the msrp?
I called a dozen dealerships from new hampshire to north carolina, and none of them was offering a discount of any kind. multiple dealers told me "we're still only selling at MSRP, but prices may go UP as these get more scarce." could have been a sales tactic, but they know even more than us as far as the lack of availability.

if you want to order new, then you'd better get on it ASAP.

i'd guess your best bet on anything discounted will be a DCT with a sunroof...and those are the priciest models to begin with. if you want a manual and no sunroof, then you're going to be paying MSRP...and your best bet is ordering new if you can find an allocation.

my garage: '23 G05 xDrive40i m-sport; '21 F87 M2C, 6MT; '17 F25 x-drive28i SAV; '15 F55 mini hatch 5-door
retired: '87 E30 MT 'vert; '92 E36 sedan; '99 E36 MT 'vert; '06 E90 x-drive sedan; '07 E83 x-drive30 SAV; '09 E91 x-drive wagon; '12 E89 Z4 MT M-sport; '15 F22 sport line

Last edited by happyjack; 02-24-2021 at 07:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 11:56 PM   #24
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Wait, there's going to be M2Cs with white seats?

Edit: Nvm, looked it up and remember seeing it now.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 07:24 AM   #25
mwh2009
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

I'd read somewhere else that this same issue was directly impacting 1 and 2 series production for BMW (and one other series I can recall?).

Wondering if it has anything do do with the availability squeeze on our M2C spring production.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2AP12J
No longer with me: 2018 Golf R, 2017 F80 M3, 2016 F30 340i xDrive
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 02:57 PM   #26
phriz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition

Man, I'm thankful I ordered when I did! I placed my order on February 1st, before I joined this forum. Originally, I planned to order around July or August, but decided to go ahead now and enjoy the car during the warmer months. I had no idea they were stopping production in June! If I waited I'd have been SOL.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 05:06 PM   #27
mwh2009
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriz View Post
Man, I'm thankful I ordered when I did! I placed my order on February 1st, before I joined this forum. Originally, I planned to order around July or August, but decided to go ahead now and enjoy the car during the warmer months. I had no idea they were stopping production in June! If I waited I'd have been SOL.
It definitely spooked me too. So I gave up my deep discount on a theoretical car and ordered at a lesser discount on a car that was already built and getting on a boat.

The ship finally made it across the Atlantic and to Halifax today. PDC scheduled for March 30th. Gonna be a loooong March waiting!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 01:36 AM   #28
Jbmw21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmwm3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDONE View Post
Just a quick PSA: As most of us know, production ends in June for the M2C, and final allocations for the remaining builds will occur next month. Dealers may trade with one another for allocations, but BMW will not be allocating anymore afterward. If you have not already pulled the trigger, time is running out. I ordered my 2021 M2C back in June, took delivery in September, and have no regrets after more than 6000 miles with a wide grin on my face. My CA has assisted a number of us, and I believe she currently has 3 units available (one CS, one M2C HS w/orange trim, roof, black wheels, and one special content). She may get more allocations since she has sold a large volume, but there is no guarantee.
So final allocations will go out in March ?????
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 09:28 AM   #29
maxcbrdriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 535xiT; 2021 BMW M2C

I'm curious how many allocations went out in February. My SA told me that BMW handed out fewer allocations in January than expected, I wonder if BMW did the same in February. That's certainly going to make finding one at discount difficult.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 11:13 AM   #30
mwh2009
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcbrdriver View Post
I'm curious how many allocations went out in February. My SA told me that BMW handed out fewer allocations in January than expected, I wonder if BMW did the same in February. That's certainly going to make finding one at discount difficult.
I was told less than 15 in Feb which seemed hard to believe.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 11:30 AM   #31
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwh2009 View Post
I was told less than 15 in Feb which seemed hard to believe.
I can believe it - because there are still 87 M2c's on the ground at US dealers. That's a fair amount of inventory of a very niche car to have to move.

Not a lot of supply - but not a lot of demand either. If there was high demand, we'd already be seeing dealers slapping ADM onto their asking price, and I'm not seeing *any* reports of that right now. Could change over the next few months.
      02-28-2021, 12:07 AM   #32
liontomic
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 F36 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
I can believe it - because there are still 87 M2c's on the ground at US dealers. That's a fair amount of inventory of a very niche car to have to move.

Not a lot of supply - but not a lot of demand either. If there was high demand, we'd already be seeing dealers slapping ADM onto their asking price, and I'm not seeing *any* reports of that right now. Could change over the next few months.
How do you check national inventory?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 12:09 AM   #33
liontomic
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 F36 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
I called a dozen dealerships from new hampshire to north carolina, and none of them was offering a discount of any kind. multiple dealers told me "we're still only selling at MSRP, but prices may go UP as these get more scarce." could have been a sales tactic, but they know even more than us as far as the lack of availability.

i'd guess your best bet on anything discounted will be a DCT with a sunroof...and those are the priciest models to begin with. if you want a manual and no sunroof, then you're going to be paying MSRP...and your best bet is ordering new if you can find an allocation.
I did just secure a manual allocation from my local dealer, who's insisting on MSRP. I have not put down the deposit yet, gonna see if I can find a better deal
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 10:07 AM   #34
bavarianbruiser
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by liontomic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post

https://kilter.com will pull up cars on dealer lots from my understanding.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 10:08 AM   #35
bavarianbruiser
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjack View Post

I did just secure a manual allocation from my local dealer, who's insisting on MSRP. I have not put down the deposit yet, gonna see if I can find a better deal
All of my local dealers want sticker too. I found one out of state that was willing to knock $1500 off, but that was the max they'd discount.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 10:18 AM   #36
maxcbrdriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 535xiT; 2021 BMW M2C

From what I've seen in NJ, you can find an M2C on a dealer lot without too much effort. The problem is they aren't what I'd call enthusiast spec. I haven't seen an LBB or SO for a while in any transmission option. White seems to be what's left and while that's a popular color in general, it is, according to my SA, the least popular M2C color. It seems that dealers don't really understand the common M2C buyer, which given the sales volume, i understand.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 10:50 AM   #37
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcbrdriver View Post
From what I've seen in NJ, you can find an M2C on a dealer lot without too much effort. The problem is they aren't what I'd call enthusiast spec. I haven't seen an LBB or SO for a while in any transmission option. White seems to be what's left and while that's a popular color in general, it is, according to my SA, the least popular M2C color. It seems that dealers don't really understand the common M2C buyer, which given the sales volume, i understand.
Yup, that's it. You can find a black, white or silver one with DCT. If you're lucky it may have only a few BS port markups. If you want a blue one, be prepared for the full port menu of knickknacks - maybe even with a stick. If you want an orange one with a stick and no nonsense? Forget about it. Oh wait, we found you one! Sorry, no exec pack here. Oh, but we do have a CS model. It's black with DCT, the black rims and the CCBs...how's that for $90k? It's literally like what are these people doing when they order on-lot cars?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 01:29 PM   #38
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Quote:
kilter.com - BMW-only search engine, works quite well. And it shows the detailed spec of each car - something individual dealers are not always very good at.
      03-02-2021, 10:56 AM   #39
k3nny
Private
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 // E46 M3

I'm looking for a '21 M2 Comp as well. Tried a couple of dealers in the Tri-State area and no discounts. Anyone know of a dealer that's willing to deal and can put me in touch with them? I'm in NYC and can travel.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 10:37 AM   #40
somberlaine
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C (ED 6/6/19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3nny View Post
I'm looking for a '21 M2 Comp as well. Tried a couple of dealers in the Tri-State area and no discounts. Anyone know of a dealer that's willing to deal and can put me in touch with them? I'm in NYC and can travel.
did you check BMW of Turnerville? They are in south Jersey. I got mine from them. Glenn Falvey is my SA. he is great.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 11:57 AM   #41
ADDONE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M40i 2019 X5 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by somberlaine View Post
Quote:
did you check BMW of Turnerville? They are in south Jersey. I got mine from them. Glenn Falvey is my SA. he is great.
My CA has a Hockenheim Silver Manual special contents on the boat that she would like to sell. Send me a message if you'd like her contact info.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 01:15 PM   #42
mwh2009
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by somberlaine View Post
Quote:
My CA has a Hockenheim Silver Manual special contents on the boat that she would like to sell. Send me a message if you'd like her contact info.
It better not be the one she already sold to me!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 08:31 AM   #43
Yetti
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2020 RAM 1500  [0.00]
2003 BMW 330Ci  [0.00]
2021 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
I've been looking for a M2C (Sunset Orange, manual, no moonroof) for a while and have been unable to find any used ones at a good price. Everything I've seen over the past couple of months has been priced at $57K or higher and I couldn't justify that price when new is only a little more and has a full warranty.

I contacted 14 dealerships last week and remaining allocations are rare. Only four of them had an allocation or were willing to work on getting me one. The first had a waitlist of four people, the second said I would be getting their next allocation (was supposed to be available later this week), the third had one allocation remaining but no production timeline, and the last one had an allocation with a production number available so I went with this one.

None of them were willing to negotiate on pricing and were only offering MSRP. So you will be lucky if you can find a dealer at this point with an allocation and willing to give you any kind of discount.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 09:25 AM   #44
phriz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew415 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew415 View Post
just spoke with my dealer - they said I have a scheduled start date for March but wasn't able to provide production order number. Should I be concerned?
I suppose it depends on the dealer. Have you bought from that dealer previously? Have they ever misled you? I have ordered cars based on the dealer's assurance that they'd get the allocation, but there is a risk.
it's my first time interacting with this dealer. it seems like I'm going based off of assurance at this point. crossing my fingers that they can deliver. 🤞🤞
I'm in a similar boat. This is my first time interacting with this dealer and first time ordering a BMW. If I hadn't joined these boards I would have been non the wiser. Just learned about production numbers/allocations on here last week. Placed my deposit/order on February 1st, and still don't have a production number, but called the dealer yesterday and was very blunt when I asked if they could guarantee me a car. They said they could.

I'll be extremely upset if this doesn't work out. It's been a lifelong dream of mine to own a car like this.
Appreciate 0