BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > GarageMadness | Build & Ownership Thread *Update: UCP and AS SSK 7.22.21**

11-28-2020, 06:51 PM   #67
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMadness View Post
Got my wheels in today. Nice finish to a long work day.

Apex EC-7
Anthracite
19x9.5 +28
19x10.5 +45
GM

After my 788 wheels powder coated black . . . the EC-7 is my favorite wheel seen on the M2C. Great choice my friend.

///AVM
Appreciate 1
      11-28-2020, 09:34 PM   #68
GarageMadness
MDM = Must Drive More
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Quote:
Got my wheels in today. Nice finish to a long work day.

Apex EC-7
Anthracite
19x9.5 +28
19x10.5 +45
GM

After my 788 wheels powder coated black . . . the EC-7 is my favorite wheel seen on the M2C. Great choice my friend.

///AVM
Thanks. I will be mounting them soon with tires and Vorschlag camber plates. Will also install stud conversion and then detail the car for some pro pics. Please hold......

I have a few different car projects going on plus a brand new home. I'm biting off more than I can chew, but such is life. This plus my job in healthcare keeps me busy.

I'm looking forward to seeing your new car.
///AVM2528.00
      11-29-2020, 08:32 PM   #69
PHX102
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp

Quote:
Not yet.....wilk be doing so in the next few weeks after getting a fee other parts installed. I've been enjoying the 788s in the meantime which look really good with SO.

What color is your car? my friend bought race silver for his AW and I have the anthracite for SO. You can't go wrong with either color. I've seen them in person and both are lighter in shade than on the internet pics.
My car is AW. I'm leaning to the race silver wheels, but anthracite probably match the dark accents on my car better, and they likely look better dirty.

I really like the M763 wheels but don't care for the colors offered, and don't want to bother with getting them panted. Hopefully Ill make up my mind and place an order tomorrow.

Last edited by PHX102; 11-29-2020 at 08:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 09:39 PM   #70
GarageMadness
MDM = Must Drive More
United_States
Rep

Something to note. Darker wheels don't look as good on pics than lighter color wheels. The darker wheels do make the dirt and dust longer than lighter color wheels, particularly initial brake dust. Alpine white need a contrasting wheel in my opinion. I see the tough decision you have. good luck.
      11-29-2020, 10:24 PM   #71
Matt Devo
Recovering RS4 owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX102 View Post
My car is AW. I'm leaning to the race silver wheels, but anthracite probably match the dark accents on my car better, and they likely look better dirty.

I really like the M763 wheels but don't care for the colors offered, and don't want to bother with getting them panted. Hopefully Ill make up my mind and place an order tomorrow.
on AW? Definitely anthracite for contrast. Just picked up a lightly-used set myself locally
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      12-02-2020, 12:38 PM   #72
GarageMadness
MDM = Must Drive More
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Devo View Post
on AW? Definitely anthracite for contrast. Just picked up a lightly-used set myself locally
Local buddy of mine has them in race silver for his AW. You should post a pic of the mounted wheels when you have chance. Congrats - those are nice wheels for sure. Have you driven on the Toyos yet? If so, initial impressions?
      12-02-2020, 12:50 PM   #73
GarageMadness
MDM = Must Drive More
United_States
Rep

M Performance Mats

Quality mats with rubber backing. Top surface is also very durable. I believe they look better than just rubber all season mats. Fitment is exact and they come with extra set of velcro pads for installation. Gives the interior a nice contrast.
Attached Images

12-02-2020, 02:53 PM   #74
Matt Devo
Recovering RS4 owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Local buddy of mine has them in race silver for his AW. You should post a pic of the mounted wheels when you have chance. Congrats - those are nice wheels for sure. Have you driven on the Toyos yet? If so, initial impressions?
The R888s are actually on there from the chap I purchased them from - he used them for track wheels for a few sessions before ordering some fancy 3-pc wheels for that. He left the tires on, but they're basically corded. I have a 265/30+295/30 set of PS4s on order from Costco, waiting for those to come in. I'll post some pics once I get them on for sure
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2020, 04:01 PM   #75
GarageMadness
MDM = Must Drive More
United_States
Rep

I purchased a few additional parts on Cyber Monday sales and what not. So far, I've received the some transmission mounts from Rogue Engineering. I'm going to install these as another step closer to the shift feel. Will take some install pics and provide a brief review soon. Came nicely packaged with instructions.
Attached Images

12-13-2020, 02:56 PM   #76
GarageMadness
MDM = Must Drive More
United_States
Rep

OEM Bits

Detailed the car today and installed a few OEM parts. Just some small bits. Moldings were about tricky but once I figured out orientation and how to get it past the lower door hinges, all went into place. Just getting it ready for some touring in 2021. I'm looking also for a small insulated cooler than can be charged to keep some food on trips. Will be installing a few modifications after the holidays.

BMW roadside triangle mounted on trunk lid
BMW bag with liter of 0W-30
2 series insulated door moldings
Attached Images

smknjoe234.00
      12-14-2020, 11:29 AM   #77
GarageMadness
MDM = Must Drive More
United_States
Rep

Starting to setup the garage and I realized how much I have to install on my S2000 and M2.

BMW parts are collecting fast.
Attached Images

12-20-2020, 11:29 AM   #78
GarageMadness
MDM = Must Drive More
United_States
Rep

New Garage Paint Scheme

Decided to paint garage with some accent painting to match the floor coating. Happy with the way it came out.
Attached Images

smknjoe234.00
      12-27-2020, 07:00 PM   #79
GarageMadness
MDM = Must Drive More
United_States
Rep

Took a reprieve from holidays to install some parts I purchased from IND. It was a nice addition to the CF trim bits already in the car and the red buttons really set the steering wheel apart. Should have come like this from BMW. It's sad we have to spend several hundred dollars to just get this look in the interior. BMW/IND parts are quality.

Install was fairly straight forward. All you need are is a 10mm socket with ratchet, T20 and small Phillips screwdriver for the entire install. Several owners have already documented nice videos on the install. Steps were as follows. Total install time was 1/2 hour.

1. Disconnect negative battery terminal.
2. Push in small holes behind the steering wheel to release the airbag.
3. Disconnect airbag from wiring harness plug.
4. Use T20 to unscrew stock trim piece (2 screws with each located on either side).
5. Use T20 to unscrew bottom of trim piece from behind the wheel.
6. Unclip by gently pulling on the trim price in sections and slide it off the wheel.
7. Use T20 to unscrew and remove the button trim module from behind the wheel.
8. Once loosened, turn module around gently and use small Phillips screwdriver to remove 3 screws.
9. Use small flat head screwdriver to unclip the 'M' buttons off the module.
10. Push and clip in the new buttons in place.
11. Put everything back together in reverse order.

Notes:
Ensure trunk does not close while battery is disconnected. Use a small towel to cover the bottom trunk latch and also release the rear seats for access if needed. Take your time on the button module and ensure proper orientation of the two white rubber pieces before putting the module back together. They can fall out or get misaligned easily. If that happens you will get a cruise control malfunction message. Lastly, after replacing the negative battery terminal you have to reset date/time and DSC light will go away once car is driven.

Take your time, be patient, and don't over tighten any of the screws. Feel free to PM if anyone has questions.
Attached Images

Last edited by GarageMadness; 12-27-2020 at 09:19 PM..
Appreciate 2
Kattanah136.00
BigKutta3870.50
      12-30-2020, 07:45 PM   #80
GarageMadness
MDM = Must Drive More
United_States
Rep

Decided to take the car on a mountain drive. Beautiful new road I hadn't driven before. Lots of undulations, switchbacks and sweeping turns along the route. Torque is my new best friend. Car handled well through most of it although body roll and camber were not my friends through some of the short sections. Still figuring out what steering settings I like as I decided to drive the twisty sections in sports exhaust/throttle and comfort steering. Came upon a small town called Skull Valley, AZ just north west of Prescott on Highway 96. Had to stop for a impromptu photo opportunity. Car color looks amazing at sunset. The ASD is a bit loud but the door/front fender rubber foam insulators definitely make the cabin quieter at highway speeds. I know the car will also benefit from some suspension tuning for sure along with some stiffer sidewall tires. The car sounded great at speed in Sport mode. Car was comfortable and my girlfriend loved the seats, ride and outright power in the car. That a big endorsement for sure. What I did today is exactly what I got the car for on the first place. It's comfortable GT car my friends.
Attached Images

redgs4320.00
M2Debt98.00
      01-13-2021, 04:38 PM   #81
GarageMadness
MDM = Must Drive More
United_States
Rep

Enjoying the everyday driving and utility of the M2C. Took a pic parked while getting groceries. Another helpful use case of this platform vs others.
Attached Images

02-10-2021, 01:52 PM   #82
GarageMadness
MDM = Must Drive More
United_States
Rep

Well I was wondering how long it would take driving in Arizona to get a damaged windshield - less than 6 months it is...thankful I have glass insurance and a dealer that made the experience easy in getting it replaced. Called my insurance company and told them I dropped off my M2C at the dealer for windshield replacement. They worked it all out and $1,456.29 is the cost (for those wondering how much it costs if this was out of your own pocket) to replace with OEM windshield and parts plus labor and recalibration of the windshield telemetry.
      02-14-2021, 02:39 PM   #83
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Whereabouts in Arizona are you? I lived in Chandler for many years but have been down in Cochise county, between Sierra Vista & Bisbee, for 3 years now. Ordered my car from Chapman in Chandler because I've done business with them before, I'm up there fairly regularly, and I've had good experiences in general with them, including service.

What is the p/n for the warning triangle you added? And where did you source the red M1/M2 buttons? I want to do both of those when my car finally arrives. Thanks for posting the thorough reviews and installation instructions - very informative.
      02-14-2021, 09:15 PM   #84
MovingChicane
Been there and back...
United_States
Rep
Drives: Four inc. a '21 M2C

Quote:
...I will be mounting them soon with tires
and .........
STILL Waiting!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 07:34 PM   #85
GarageMadness
MDM = Must Drive More
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
Whereabouts in Arizona are you? I lived in Chandler for many years but have been down in Cochise county, between Sierra Vista & Bisbee, for 3 years now. Ordered my car from Chapman in Chandler because I've done business with them before, I'm up there fairly regularly, and I've had good experiences in general with them, including service.

What is the p/n for the warning triangle you added? And where did you source the red M1/M2 buttons? I want to do both of those when my car finally arrives. Thanks for posting the thorough reviews and installation instructions - very informative.
IND for the buttons. Ordered flat red ones instead of gloss. The smaller label pictured is for the emergency triangle. The other labels is for the front door body moldings.
      02-16-2021, 07:35 PM   #86
GarageMadness
MDM = Must Drive More
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingChicane View Post
Quote:
...I will be mounting them soon with tires
and .........
STILL Waiting!
Got side tracked with my other car builds. Time and money my friend so had to prioritize those over the M2C. Hopefully soon I will have them installed. Still have not purchased the tires yet.
      03-16-2021, 11:24 PM   #87
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Detailed the car today and installed a few OEM parts. Just some small bits. Moldings were about tricky but once I figured out orientation and how to get it past the lower door hinges, all went into place. Just getting it ready for some touring in 2021. I'm looking also for a small insulated cooler than can be charged to keep some food on trips. Will be installing a few modifications after the holidays.

Hey do you have DIY on thise moldings and a P/N? Road noise is killing me thanks.
      03-17-2021, 11:47 PM   #88
GarageMadness
MDM = Must Drive More
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Quote:

Hey do you have DIY on thise moldings and a P/N? Road noise is killing me thanks.
Driver side: 51-48-7-300-693
Price: $23.63

Passenger side: 51-48-7-300-694
Price: $22.96

Here's an install thread that I referenced when I did mine. Also look into getting ASD out using BimmerCode.

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show...8;postcount=80